new Alien Warrior by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand that they wanted to sort of 'change' their Alien lineup a little, so we now get these 'artistic interpretations' of the Alien.. I get the appeal, I still like the Raptus statue, but I prefer the movie inspired pieces, like the new Queen.

I’m also irritated that the base doesn’t have that great animation purple paintjob anymore. This felt very 90’s Kenner, now its just a black mass.
It looks pretty purple to me....especially when he drops the foot into place.

Looks like a purple mess to me.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

The plastic is enough reason to pass for me. But sadly the sculpt on the warrior isn't great either, and the base still looks more Halo that Alien to my eyes. Just seems like a waste of resources and a missed opportunity. With so many companies now making impressive and expensive high end Alien statues, Sideshow COULD find a nice little market with the smaller, more affordable scales and make some really cool and accurate little statues. Shame really.

It looks pretty purple to me....especially when he drops the foot into place.

Looks like a purple mess to me.

There was one set up at SDCC17 I believe that had a purple paint scheme that was much brighter than this final version. I guess I’ll still pick this one up seeing as I grabbed the little Egg companion.

The plastic is enough reason to pass for me. But sadly the sculpt on the warrior isn't great either, and the base still looks more Halo that Alien to my eyes. Just seems like a waste of resources and a missed opportunity. With so many companies now making impressive and expensive high end Alien statues, Sideshow COULD find a nice little market with the smaller, more affordable scales and make some really cool and accurate little statues. Shame really.
"Affoedable" seems the key point here. The price seems what I'd expect with a PF and not at this scale.

If this was priced to accompany the egg at like 299...fine. Raging hard pass. Lol

I think I was one of the few that actually liked this, but now it’s pvc so no, easy pass.

"Affoedable" seems the key point here. The price seems what I'd expect with a PF and not at this scale.

If this was priced to accompany the egg at like 299...fine. Raging hard pass. Lol

Gonna agree with this one. I was waiting on this because it's 1:5 and I wanted to put it next to my 1:5 Wolf statue. If this is basically a plastic toy masquerading as a statue, I'll likely pass. The 1:5 Preds might not be grails, but they're decent for their size and original selling prices. This might just look cheap next to them. :dunno

Also, they need to stop chroming the teeth on their protos if the final paint app isn't even close. Chrome paint is a pain: surface must be super smooth, it can be fragile, clear coating it kills the effect, etc. So it's like they do whatever it takes to chrome the proto teeth, even if cracked and caught on fire 2 days later, just for the photos. Then use a crappy, albeit practical, paint app for the final stuff.

Gonna agree with this one. I was waiting on this because it's 1:5 and I wanted to put it next to my 1:5 Wolf statue. If this is basically a plastic toy masquerading as a statue, I'll likely pass. The 1:5 Preds might not be grails, but they're decent for their size and original selling prices. This might just look cheap next to them. :dunno

Also, they need to stop chroming the teeth on their protos if the final paint app isn't even close. Chrome paint is a pain: surface must be super smooth, it can be fragile, clear coating it kills the effect, etc. So it's like they do whatever it takes to chrome the proto teeth, even if cracked and caught on fire 2 days later, just for the photos. Then use a crappy, albeit practical, paint app for the final stuff.

I agree, but then again most of the time their prototypes can't be duplicated by the factory that they use or for the price range that they pay them anyway.

Most normal clear coats do turn the chrome grey, however there are a few clear coats out there in the market that can be used.

Dear God, the seamline on that tail. That they managed to make it noticeable on an already segmented, biomechanical body part is a feat in itself. :lol

I’m also irritated that the base doesn’t have that great animation purple paintjob anymore. This felt very 90’s Kenner, now its just a black mass.

Typical side show dude, I never buy from them anymore! Think their products these days are junk. Very few hits, a lot of misses with the quality and paint jobs! Very sad!

Just saw the product size. For some reason I thought it was around 20 inches tall. at 17.5" tall, it is a bit small, but I think expecting it to be 249 is a bit much. most 1/6 action figures cost more than that.

Alien pieces are always expensive (maybe due to licensing cost? not sure). I do think it's overpriced, but expecting it to be 249 is unrealistic IMO. I think at 350, it probably would've been a realistic price for what it is.

Unrealistic this thing is all plastic, I wouldn't pay a 100 bucks for this crap!

I don't like this piece either, but Hot Toys are also all plastic and no one complains about those prices lol.
HT is half this price and is posable and comes with a few accessories (okay, confessed not many, but still).

Don't get me wrong, I didn't buy either, but at least if I got the HT I'd get it for less and be able to control how it's displayed.

Back