new Alien Warrior by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any why would they paint the base in purples? I had high hopes, but I'll pass.
Dude I'm COLOUR BLIND and this piece is uuuugly on the paints to me. I just don't get what they were thinking.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I don't like this piece either, but lets be honest, a 1/4 scale Alien piece wouldn't even be close to this price. Would be around the $1000 mark by today's prices. I think the price is still expensive, but I also think just about everything else Sideshow releases is expensive as well, with PF's nearing the $600 mark.

This piece would've been created to give people cheaper and smaller options, for those that want them.

The larger ones are like Bane and Crock but honestly PFs are in the 500$ range. This is an order or magnitude smaller and only 30$ cheaper than a PF? Give me a break here.

Of course the queen is going to be a grand, it's also a maquette not a PF. Even the original Big Chap from way back in the day ran near that much.

No one is expecting things to be getting cheaper as time goes on, I just feel for the scale and what I'm looking at...this needed to be $249.

The larger ones are like Bane and Crock but honestly PFs are in the 500$ range. This is an order or magnitude smaller and only 30$ cheaper than a PF? Give me a break here.

Of course the queen is going to be a grand, it's also a maquette not a PF. Even the original Big Chap from way back in the day ran near that much.

No one is expecting things to be getting cheaper as time goes on, I just feel for the scale and what I'm looking at...this needed to be $249.

Just saw the product size. For some reason I thought it was around 20 inches tall. at 17.5" tall, it is a bit small, but I think expecting it to be 249 is a bit much. most 1/6 action figures cost more than that.

Alien pieces are always expensive (maybe due to licensing cost? not sure). I do think it's overpriced, but expecting it to be 249 is unrealistic IMO. I think at 350, it probably would've been a realistic price for what it is.

Just saw the product size. For some reason I thought it was around 20 inches tall. at 17.5" tall, it is a bit small, but I think expecting it to be 249 is a bit much. most 1/6 action figures cost more than that.

Alien pieces are always expensive (maybe due to licensing cost? not sure). I do think it's overpriced, but expecting it to be 249 is unrealistic IMO. I think at 350, it probably would've been a realistic price for what it is.
It very well may be a licensing thing.

The egg was 64 they released not long ago. While, the size of an apple I didn't find it "jaw droppingly expensive" I didn't think having this thing come in under 300 was asking too much. But maybe I'm just a cheap sumbitch.

It very well may be a licensing thing.

The egg was 64 they released not long ago. While, the size of an apple I didn't find it "jaw droppingly expensive" I didn't think having this thing come in under 300 was asking too much. But maybe I'm just a cheap sumbitch.

I'm a cheap sumbitch too, that's why I think most statues are overpriced, lol. I buy them anyway though coz I love them and there aren't alternatives if I want high-end collectibles of my favourite characters.

I think prices of pop culture collectibles are steadily creeping upwards, mainly because people are willing to shell out big bucks for them... (I'm sadly one of them). Plus, it's not like there are a lot of alternatives for certain franchises.

I keep thinking about older 'grail level' pieces and their original retail price, and how if those pieces came out today they'd start at double that price (for example, Sideshow's lifesize Alien Warrior bust, which retailed for 999$)

I just want some nice 1/4 scale Alien/Prometheus options. I want an engineer, Xenomorph, maybe David(I'm sure Blitzway would nail it). Just lacking in the 1/4 scale.

They are killing it. In a bad way.

Indeed. I REALLLLY was hoping I'd love this piece before it was released. While the pose is 'okay' to me, the deal beaker is the color pallet chosen. Maybe the color settings have been off on every monitor and TV I've seen them on, but I sure don't remember anything that resembled the color violet or purple. :dunno

Indeed. I REALLLLY was hoping I'd love this piece before it was released. While the pose is 'okay' to me, the deal beaker is the color pallet chosen. Maybe the color settings have been off on every monitor and TV I've seen them on, but I sure don't remember anything that resembled the color violet or purple. :dunno
I know a guy who for $50 will hit you in the head until your perception of color has reoriented. Want his contact? ;)

What's this new scam from photobucket? I can't see any pictures! Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting.

3e8e11472435fbdb90e0231b640e3dbd.jpg

d130b882135eb2e093598cb3427288a3.jpg

895d0a9c5e06aae3fbe4be1f786232c6.jpg

d3b1875ff0f8722a59be26f9e95f8e73.jpg

Statues often tend to grow on me, this one has had the opposite effect. I appreciate I'm not the target audience and these are probably intended to be very artistic however... But the sculpt, and design are just not doing it for me at all. it almost has an animated look to it. Hopefully Sideshow will do a new line aiming at realism down the line. That said, I did like the Big chap though, it was much better than this warrior, if it weren't expensive plastic, I'd have bought one.

Statues often tend to grow on me, this one has had the opposite effect. I appreciate I'm not the target audience and these are probably intended to be very artistic however... But the sculpt, and design are just not doing it for me at all. it almost has an animated look to it. Hopefully Sideshow will do a new line aiming at realism down the line. That said, I did like the Big chap though, it was much better than this warrior, if it weren't expensive plastic, I'd have bought one.

I agree with all of this.

Back