New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I finally got around to taking some pics of my Sano pieces
From left to right: kit, Normal, Special

DSC07992.jpg

DSC07991A.jpg

DCS07993B.jpg

DSC07988C.jpg

DSC07980.jpg

DSC07983.jpg

DSC07981.jpg

:yess::yess::yess:

LOVE these pics...

Man the normal version looks so so much like the alien. I should of gotten the normal instead of the special. the specials paint apt is still way to light for my liking ... :(

Man the normal version looks so so much like the alien. I should of gotten the normal instead of the special. the specials paint apt is still way to light for my liking ... :(
I guess you could always exchange for one, but I wouldnt if I were you because the special is sold out. If anything, buy the normal since its still available, and if you decide to sell the special, then at least you have the option to do so....i personally think the special has a cool quality about it, and though I got the normal, I.d have picked up the special if I didn't buy the ss maquette also...and the cinemaquette vader to top it off...

Was thinking about exchanging it ... would love to pick up the normal version as well but I used all my credit to buy it now slooowly paying it off again. be a few more months before i have that credit again who knows maybe it will still be available then i will def consider getting the normal version. Demorathis does the normal version have a darker paint app?

Was thinking about exchanging it ... would love to pick up the normal version as well but I used all my credit to buy it now slooowly paying it off again. be a few more months before i have that credit again who knows maybe it will still be available then i will def consider getting the normal version. Demorathis does the normal version have a darker paint app?
Yep, darker.. Under overcast conditions, its almost flat black...actually I was kinda glad it wasnt pure black, I-d felt it was too expensive n i'm really glad it had a nice varying paint texture on it under scrutiny or brighter light like in the photos.

I like that the highlights especially on the ribs feel sharper because the highlights just kiss the edges and catch just enough light to show the creatures design...

I like that the highlights especially on the ribs feel sharper because the highlights just kiss the edges and catch just enough light to show the creatures design...

you referring to the normal version?

Its a shame as I feel i payed to much for a lighter color i would actually prefer the darker one now but in the photos to the ordering of this beauty the special looked much better now the normal looked more blueish but now the actual in hand pics look perfect to me.

But in all i am happy that i have a sano alien better still a special. He is being displayed with up most proud and joy. I really do love it. just wish i could have both hahaha ... but don't we all

Last edited:
you referring to the normal version?

Its a shame as I feel i payed to much for a lighter color i would actually prefer the darker one now but in the photos to the ordering of this beauty the special looked much better now the normal looked more blueish but now the actual in hand pics look perfect to me.

But in all i am happy that i have a sano alien better still a special. He is being displayed with up most proud and joy. I really do love it. just wish i could have both hahaha ... but don't we all

I was referring to the normal -- but think of it this way --
like the Legend Vader helmets versus the Limited...

the Legend is like the Special -- closer to what was actually put on screen, and the limited is the ideal look - what the audience "remembers" seeing in the mind's eye...

I personally love the way the paint app looks on my (special) Sano Alien. I would've been very disappointed if I opened the box and found that he was darker than the online pics. To each there own I suppose. Also displaying him proudly in my parlor, where he's the only Alien piece in the entire room. The rest of the tribe is on display in the bedroom. This Sano piece is still impressive to look at till this day. So glad I got my hands on one.

I was referring to the normal -- but think of it this way --
like the Legend Vader helmets versus the Limited...

the Legend is like the Special -- closer to what was actually put on screen, and the limited is the ideal look - what the audience "remembers" seeing in the mind's eye...

Good point ... :lecture

To each there own I suppose. Also displaying him proudly in my parlor, where he's the only Alien piece in the entire room. The rest of the tribe is on display in the bedroom. This Sano piece is still impressive to look at till this day. So glad I got my hands on one.

So totally agree ... its still super impressive and still gets my heart pumping with joy when i see it. def one of my most prized collectibles ... still that normal looks beautiful :love ... :lol

Good point ... :lecture

So totally agree ... its still super impressive and still gets my heart pumping with joy when i see it. def one of my most prized collectibles ... still that normal looks beautiful :love ... :lol

It's just the grass is greener syndrome -- it's such a beautiful piece no matter which version you get, then it's like -- hmm that one's different "I like it!"

I'd likely have bought one that was completely black too -- hmmm wonder what roswell does with their defective statues...

Normal version is no longer available on Roswell Japan website,Finally sold out!

How many w were made again? Like 350?[/QUOTE

Here is what Roswell said before it was released !

1.Special Ver. limited edition
We will provide a limited number of 30 with individually-numbered and Sano's
signature.

2. Special Ver.
We will provide almost 200.
No individually-numbered and Sano's signature.

3. Normal Ver.
We will provide almost 200.
No individually-numbered and Sano's signature, too.
Black-themed model.

And I beleive 30 or 50 kit were made !

I'm still kinda surprised I was able to get in on 1 of only 50 kits in the whole world.

And mine is getting very close to being finished. I think I'm on schedule to have him done by the time Prometheus comes out. I wasn't sure I was loving my paint job on it when I first started doing the body, but I've made the adjustments necessary, and now I've got it dialed in. One arm, two legs, and final touches away from being done.:clap

Back