New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much for the help guys! It's great that people help each other out in this hobby to this degree. Demorathis do you have roswell's email at all so I can contact Yumiko to find out all the details?
Thanks man.

This statue just screams Giger and the first alien. I've seen the cinemaquette in person and it blew me away at the time. Love that sculpt too. I also like the sideshow maquette and can see alot of similarities between it and the Sano (and some differences) but I just want to lock down one amazing giger alien for my collection and have it be the centerpiece. maybe frame the infamous original poster behind the collectible and hang it on the wall.

Roswell email:
here are two

[email protected]
and
info @roswell.co.jp

I'd cc one or the other -- they do speak english which is always helpful.

I'll try to take some comparison pics this wkd if I get a chance -- cant promise anything cuz my plate is kinda full - but I'll try ... at least detail-wise you can compare my pics here with some of the SS maquetteones on the other thread...

interesting -- my replacement maquette alien had a clearer dome -- and as much as I liked it, the body couldn't hold the limbs securely as the first one I had, so I kept the first...

If anyone wants/needs/or can only afford just one Giger Alien statue, than this is the one to get folks. I just placed my Sano next to my SS Maquette and there is no comparison when it comes to the sculpt (the paint is nice too). The SS version wins by shear size and alive looking pose but, if you're looking for something that shows off Giger's Alien (suit) sculpt accurately than this Sano piece is the way to go. So worth the money imo.

Oh and sorry no pics. GF has the digicam.

What do you guys expect from sano for his next ALIEN piece to come ?

A 1:3 maquette or a 1/1 life size bust ?

I would be ok for both :)

What do you guys expect from sano for his next ALIEN piece to come ?

A 1:3 maquette or a 1/1 life size bust ?

I would be ok for both :)

If the 1:3 maquette had the same pose as this one, I would have to pass. But, a 1/1 LSB? Count me in! You figure this lil' 19 incher costed me $1,200 already.That LSB might be close to $5,000 maybe? :monkey4

I'd love to see this in 1/3 scale maquette form! If they sold a kit at that size. I'd sell my 1/5 and get the 1/3 kit.
How much is the unpainted version?

The kit cost me $455 shipped. But like D said, they are sold out. They only released 50 of them.

I wanna see a full figured alien at 1/3.maybe in a different but still neutral pose..btw darth pain, what venom figure is that in your sig..

If the 1:3 maquette had the same pose as this one, I would have to pass. But, a 1/1 LSB? Count me in! You figure this lil' 19 incher costed me $1,200 already.That LSB might be close to $5,000 maybe? :monkey4

Even if it has the same pose I would definitely buy it :)
Sideshow prices are increasing and the quality is not always there but I would rather pay more money and have a perfect piece from Sano!!
For a 1/1 bust I hope the price will not go over $3700:monkey4:monkey2:monkey3

I'd love to see this in 1/3 scale maquette form! If they sold a kit at that size. I'd sell my 1/5 and get the 1/3 kit.

The kit cost me $455 shipped. But like D said, they are sold out. They only released 50 of them.

If he makes a maquette,then I Would buy your customized Sano ALIEN...:)
By the way DP are going to recast you ALIEN CM dome and customized the whole statue?
Are you getting the SS maquette?

I wanna see a full figured alien at 1/3.maybe in a different but still neutral pose..btw darth pain, what venom figure is that in your sig..

This pose is from far the best one but will see:wink1:

out of curiosity, which sculpture do you guys think is more accurate, The cinemaquette or the Big chap maquette?

It's an old kit I built. (my first kit build) About 1/6 scale with a change-o-head. I think the guy I got it from was called Sapwnyvsbatman but, it was his last one.

Even if it has the same pose I would definitely buy it :)
Sideshow prices are increasing and the quality is not always there but I would rather pay more money and have a perfect piece from Sano!!
For a 1/1 bust I hope the price will not go over $3700:monkey4:monkey2:monkey3

If he makes a maquette,then I Would buy your customized Sano ALIEN...:)
By the way DP are going to recast you ALIEN CM dome and customized the whole statue?
Are you getting the SS maquette?

This pose is from far the best one but will see:wink1:

If they do make a 1/3 keep an eye on my sales thread.;)
I don't plan on customizing my entire CM Alien. I just want to redo the dome and paint the skull.
I was planning on getting Sideshow Alien but, I'm in no hurry. After seeing all of the in hand pics I might just stick with my CM and Sano pieces. Especially when I need to save the $ for the Wolf and Neytiri LSFs.:panic:

in terms of detail, the cm is more accurate, (but the ss has a better shaped profile for the head)
i say profile because the actual dome should be fat at the sides from the top view and front, the way it is on the cm - ....however the cm's head is too stretched vertically and should be more sleek-looking...

THe cm has better hands, and rib cage details..., ...i like that the colors on the ss are what we kinda expect, but I think the actual colors are closer to the cm

Last edited:
Hello

I have been lurking for a while on here and finally gave in to the Sano Alien statue which is a truly outstanding work of art.
Mine did arrive missing a back spike behind the neck which you can see in the picture. It must have been missing in the cast as it was painted over in dark tones.
Also do any of you on here have a problem with the feet not standing flush to the base which looks like it causes major strain on the legs?
I ordered mine from Roswell and they have already offered to replace it.
I'm just worried I will not get as good a statue back if you know what I mean.

Cheers
Terry

Welcome aboard and congrats on getting such an amazing statue!
sorry to hear it came flawed, but you should have no trouble getting a perfect replacement from Roswell.

YOu think Sideshow's has better hands?:stick

No - sorry let me edit that...reread post 872 - i think ...

i'm answering on my phone and that can be tough b/c i dont have all the controls a keyboard has n its very difficult to edit on mine -- moving the cursor is a b****...

that avatar always makes me laugh...i don't know why.....=D

Last edited:
Hello

I have been lurking for a while on here and finally gave in to the Sano Alien statue which is a truly outstanding work of art.
Mine did arrive missing a back spike behind the neck which you can see in the picture. It must have been missing in the cast as it was painted over in dark tones.
Also do any of you on here have a problem with the feet not standing flush to the base which looks like it causes major strain on the legs?

Cheers
Terry

HI Terry,
I worried about that too...

just tell them to look out for certain things and they will --
my first one wasn't flush either -- the strain is not so much a structural problem (as much as an aesthetic one) as longas it's not stressed past a specific tolerance point-- like a spring won't break or deform unless you stretch it past that point...

My first alien had a missing chest spike, so I asked them to look out for missing spurs fingers etc, to make sure the peg was straight on the base, that the label was stright (mine was a tad crooked), make sure the paint was even especially around the face etc...

Welcome to the boards- congrats on the statue -- I'm always excited for anyone getting such a great piece...

really really amazed at the amount of care put into the sculpt -- every bone, every little detail sculpted with such attention to the actual shape...nothing "sculpterly" here everything is intentional and precise-- truly a labor of love for Sano...

Hello

Cheers
Terry
Welcome to the board!
For the price they charge, I would never accept a flawed statue.

No - sorry let me edit that...reread post 872 - i think ...

i'm answering on my phone and that can be tough b/c i dont have all the controls a keyboard has n its very difficult to edit on mine -- moving the cursor is a b****...

that avatar always makes me laugh...i don't know why.....=D

:rotfl

Back