New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is it so hard to make a Big Chap statue in a semi-interesting pose? Not the Ballet CM or the Nosferatu SS or the sneezing Palisades. Is it so hard to do something like these neca/ht shots?

BigChapPoses.jpg

The straight up mannequin pose just does nothing for me. :dunno

Oh well, money saved for other projects I guess...

Last edited:
if you have the SS version's arm re-positioned, I think it would make quite a difference.

See now to me that first and third pose I wouldn't like. It looks like a raptor or something to me. I prefer it looking more human like.

See now to me that first and third pose I wouldn't like. It looks like a raptor or something to me. I prefer it looking more human like.
That's ridiculous, the third one looks nothing like how a Raptor would pose, while the second (although very nice) is obviously the more Monster/Raptor-like one.

Still really like the pose of this statue though.

I hope they add the elbow spike anyway -- seems incomplete without it -- I think it perhaps broke of the original statue and was never replaced or something -- the Markit has a very scythe-like spike and of course the screen version is like a little clavicle-looking thing...

I'm a bit confused.. Is this a statue or the suit?

Erm, the left pic...

The left pic is a sculpt or cast of the original suit - i think that's how it works...(the right is a custom - sculpted by hand? or off a marmit I dont know the history of the piece)

That's ridiculous, the third one looks nothing like how a Raptor would pose, while the second (although very nice) is obviously the more Monster/Raptor-like one.

Still really like the pose of this statue though.

:lol Alright , well maybe not a raptor.
I just like a more simple pose personally. More human looking , despite loving Aliens , A3 and even AR to a certain extent there's something I find a lot more interesting and frightening about the original Alien and what makes it that way mainly I think is how much more human it seems to be when compared to the others.
When I see poses like the ones above whilst they're great to look at they remind me more of Aliens , A3 and AR personally.

When it comes to iconic poses; I tend to prefer the original Giger Alien to be posed in less dynamic poses. For figures/statues representing the Aliens from the second movie and on; more dynamic poses capture those versions better.

That's a big part of why I'm not really a fan of the altered representation of the Aliens in the sequels. When they started to be portrayed as more animal in the way the moved, etc: they kind of lost a certain level of creepiness.

The original Alien was visually menacing without having to really do much. Just its presence was enough.

When it comes to iconic poses; I tend to prefer the original Giger Alien to be posed in less dynamic poses. For figures/statues representing the Aliens from the second movie and on; more dynamic poses capture those versions better.

That's a big part of why I'm not really a fan of the altered representation of the Aliens in the sequels. When they started to be portrayed as more animal in the way the moved, etc: they kind of lost a certain level of creepiness.

The original Alien was visually menacing without having to really do much. Just its presence was enough.

Exactly what I meant. :hi5:

I agree!

That was one of things I don't like about Aliens. I didn't like how Cameron changed the design of everything A L I E N. The eggs are different, looks like pieces of pizza that open up. The chest burster is different, arms etc. And the Alien itself is different! Also, all he did was completely redo A L I E N's ending in Aliens. Wasn't even original. Everything from the "bi+ch" to the airlock. Most importantly, Cameron took the Alien out of A L I E N and turned them into insects! He took the cheap way out.

I'm glad that Alien 3 gave them back a bit of the Giger Alien aspect to the creature.

Resurrection made them more beast like.

The sculpt of this statue looks incredible, pose, not so much. I personalty LOVE the sculpt and pose of the SS Big Chap. It's not over done like most Alien statues. and it's not so static that it's looks lame like a guy in a suit.

I agree!

That was one of things I don't like about Aliens. I didn't like how Cameron changed the design of everything A L I E N. The eggs are different, looks like pieces of pizza that open up. The chest burster is different, arms etc. And the Alien itself is different! Also, all he did was completely redo A L I E N's ending in Aliens. Wasn't even original. Everything from the "bi+ch" to the airlock. Most importantly, Cameron took the Alien out of A L I E N and turned them into insects! He took the cheap way out.

I'm glad that Alien 3 gave them back a bit of the Giger Alien aspect to the creature.

Resurrection made them more beast like.

The sculpt of this statue looks incredible, pose, not so much. I personalty LOVE the sculpt and pose of the SS Big Chap. It's not over done like most Alien statues. and it's not so static that it's looks lame like a guy in a suit.

I just dont like the SS hands and fingers'position - more nosferatu-like-- than i like

Nice observation. Though the comparison is great but I think doing comparison with a finished Sano piece instead of a beautifully modified kit will be even more fun.

I hope we get some news about this one soon -- need to allocate funding for this =)

Well, it's coming. No price and release date just yet. Like the bust. A special edition and normal edition will be offered. BUT it's limited at 30 pcs only(not sure it's for each version or combined, will email them and find out soon)!

"Now we are waiting the permission, once receive a green light from licenser, we will release details about all information ASAP.

We have 2 kinds of sculpture. Normal type and special type. The special has individually-numbered limited only first edition.

The resin kit will launch initial sales in low lot !

It is likely that there are a bit differences between website photos and the actual kits. We hope you will understand the situation.

YOU WILL LIKE IT !!!

Thank you for your great support.

Roswell Japan"

Back