New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he looks scary in this straight-up, non-action pose. Much scarier than any type of action pose I've seen.

I hope this one is affordable.

BB

I like this piece so much, but shots like that really make me think twice about buying it. That head, not just the skull, looks so small to me. It's like the head came from a smaller version and was stuck onto a bigger body. Even compared to the actual piece below, it's hard to put my finger on why it seems small, but there's just something about it.

161po.jpg

0025.jpg

Well, that's not Sano's piece. :D The proportion on his 1/3 is dead on to say the least so I doubt this 1/5 version will be any different. Even if it's proven smaller then what the real deal should be. I believe I won't be the only one who's gonna complain much about it as there's no better one out there(that we know of). And there will always be a better version in the future. Get whatever you can when you can, the rest is just not important.

Last edited:
I like this piece so much, but shots like that really make me think twice about buying it. That head, not just the skull, looks so small to me. It's like the head came from a smaller version and was stuck onto a bigger body. Even compared to the actual piece below, it's hard to put my finger on why it seems small, but there's just something about it.

161po.jpg

0025.jpg

The fact you can see the eyes clearly is a contributing factor - since eyes are the focal points - and it narrows the head from the dome...
and the shoulders are a little bulbous -- the ribbed bicep part should flow slightly into it, but here, the shoulder tops the bicep like a scoop of ice cream...really very subtle ...

Hard to top that custom, but this Sano piece does just that!!!

The overall proportion, the minor details -- the slight change in rib angles, the placement of the ripped "muscles", the ankles and heels, the shape of the skul, face and head, --perfection --

The overall proportion, the minor details -- the slight change in rib angles, the placement of the ripped "muscles", the ankles and heels, the shape of the skul, face and head, --perfection --

Just the way you said that.. :drool :drool :drool lol

As an Alien fanatic and about the fussiest guy out there when it comes to detail and screen accuracy on Alien statues, this Sano sculpt (at WIP stage) already looks hands-down the best Alien we've ever had.

I just hope it ends up being affordable and available to international collectors.

As an Alien fanatic and about the fussiest guy out there when it comes to detail and screen accuracy on Alien statues, this Sano sculpt (at WIP stage) already looks hands-down the best Alien we've ever had.

I just hope it ends up being affordable and available to international collectors.

No kidding, I've just been checking out prices of the painted bust. Wow.

That one is not sanos sculpt on the right, is it? its a different sculpt from the unpainted new sculpt in 1/5..like the ribs and bicep details...some proportional details. The marmits elbow spike is a very sharp spike btw...i dont know what the giger statue has in terms of the elbow spike

Back