New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I'm concerned, the sculpture at Giger's Museum (i.e. the piece this statue/kit reproduces) should be the starting point for any figure/statue that wants to represent the alien on screen, but clearly not the end-all be-all.
The suit when worn had slight differences, like the fused fingers, the bands around the wrists, the spikes on the elbows, etc... and I do like the on-screen look better, with fused fingers and so on.
Also, I think you'd have to take into account the mechanical Rambaldi head, which had the tendons and translucent lips, to make the "ultimate" alien (as seen on screen) figure.
To me this Sano statue is the ultimate reproduction of the original sculpture, which is pretty frigging awesome in its own right.

Hope to see lots of pics when you guys start getting this.

Translucent parts would be detail heaven! I like the fused fingers of the suit and I'm partial to the wrist "ribs" because of the Kenner...

What I like about the Sano piece is that it really does resemble all the giger sculptural pieces...in terms of presence -- like Egyptian statues in a museum...

Yes, that is true, the Sano statue really captures that Giger aesthetic really well!

My dream alien figure would (apart from being extremely accurate within the parameters explained in my other post) have fantastic articulation (I'd sacrifice a bit of aesthetics in lieu of great range of motion at the hips, something the rubber suit approach really kills), metal teeth (to get the perfect chromed look) and working translucent lips.
Oh, and it'd be in perfect 1/6 scale.
:D

Mine would be in perfect 1:1 scale. :lecture

With all those other things you mentioned, but also with a nice dinner with Giger...

Oh, also forgot to mention that I'd like actual nails, not just silver painted tips. The suit had what look like actual long nails, not silver claws.

Oh, also forgot to mention that I'd like actual nails, not just silver painted tips. The suit had what look like actual long nails, not silver claws.

I like the use of chrome for the nails and teeth...

Translucent parts would be detail heaven! I like the fused fingers of the suit and I'm partial to the wrist "ribs" because of the Kenner...

What I like about the Sano piece is that it really does resemble all the giger sculptural pieces...in terms of presence -- like Egyptian statues in a museum...

you mean like a sarcophagus? That's what it reminds me of. If it were more affordable, I would prolly grab one of these since it's starting to grow on me. I like chrome rather then translucent parts as well. I don't think real looking fingernails would work on a smaller statue, but it would add to the realism of a life size piece.

To me this Sano statue is the ultimate reproduction of the original sculpture, which is pretty frigging awesome in its own right.

:exactly: , I agree with everyone on that the scale is a bit small for this piece, a 1:4 scale would be the ultimate size for me, 1:1 would be way out my price range so wouldn't even go there but a 1:4 scale of this alien would def be the best and then real chrome teeth and nails would be too :cool: ...

Hope to see lots of pics when you guys start getting this.

Pics are most def going to take over this thread ... when I get mine prepare for lots of pics, going to also try make a video, never done one before but going to try ....

Mine would be in perfect 1:1 scale. :lecture

With all those other things you mentioned, but also with a nice dinner with Giger...

Oh man a dinner with Giger would be a great moment in ones life, so many questions I would ask he'll prob throw me out his castle bec he'll be over talking about the Alien :D

Sano is doing a 1:1 scale next ... :panic:

:exactly: , I agree with everyone on that the scale is a bit small for this piece, a 1:4 scale would be the ultimate size for me, 1:1 would be way out my price range so wouldn't even go there but a 1:4 scale of this alien would def be the best and then real chrome teeth and nails would be too :cool: ...

Pics are most def going to take over this thread ... when I get mine prepare for lots of pics, going to also try make a video, never done one before but going to try ....

Oh man a dinner with Giger would be a great moment in ones life, so many questions I would ask he'll prob throw me out his castle bec he'll be over talking about the Alien :D

Sano is doing a 1:1 scale next ... :panic:

Arrrgh u serious about him makin a full scale alien?....is this like a fiberglass full-bodied one or a bust?

Not sure if its a bust or not ... when the order came up for the 1:6 scale a mention of a 1:1 is in the works next ..

Quite teasin man!.. I haven't even paid for my Sano piece yet and now I'm thinking of this 1:1 bust!! Well, hopefully it is a bust b/c I dunno about you guys but, there's no way in hell that I could afford a full bodied 1:1 scale statue by Sano! :monkey2

Quite teasin man!.. I haven't even paid for my Sano piece yet and now I'm thinking of this 1:1 bust!! Well, hopefully it is a bust b/c I dunno about you guys but, there's no way in hell that I could afford a full bodied 1:1 scale statue by Sano! :monkey2
A life-size bust would probably cost as much as HCG's life-size statue.

That would be absolutely incredible though..

considering how much they charge for a 1/5 statue, I think a bust would be a hell of a lot more then the HCG version. I was thinking more in the $2k range.

oh, yea, but could you imagine just the shipping charges alone to the US? I don't think they would sell very many over here. A 1:1 bust would be pretty cool if they add chrome teeth, but I'm pretty sure it would pricey as hell.

It would have to have chrome teeth as 1:1 for me..unless there's a better way to get that effect.. The teeth on SS's Warrior bust are chrome, right?
They look beautiful.

It would be extremely expensive, but completely worth it for the accuracy imo.

yep, I got the Warrior, and everytime I look at it, it makes me want to get rid of the Predalien even more :panic:. All Alien pieces should have chrome teeth. The only ones I know of are the CM Alien and SS Warrior bust.

money>quality is the easy answer for SS these days, that's why I went back and got most of their old stuff instead of spending money on a lot of ok/good pieces. You never question the quality of a CM piece as you shouldn't for their prices.

Not trying to bash CM here..... but I once only collected their stuff. To say that their stuff never has quality control or quality issues is misinformed. Almost every piece that I got had an issue and had to be returned for a replacement. Most die hard CM collectors would agree. If they don't..... well they are just in denial. That being said... I still like their products.... If you get a "good one" from one of their editions it's a great feeling. Not so much if you get a bad one. I just do not have the patience to deal with them any more. I've long since moved on to collecting other things.

Now this Sano piece...... Masterful. Brilliant! Kinda wish I collected statues again.

Back