New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I got lucky then. My old CM Alien and current CM Pred are pretty flawless for such big pieces.

I guess I got lucky then. My old CM Alien and current CM Pred are pretty flawless for such big pieces.

I'm glad you did man. If you get a good one it is a great feeling to own such a statue with such a great presence. I had the Alien also and I do miss that piece a lot.

Can't wait! We have the painted version on the way late December or early January. :yess::yess::yess::yess::yess:

Just around the corner baby! yeah!! :rock

EDIT: Just took a look at the Hobby Search website and The Normal version is on "Waitlist" now. Wonder when the Special version pre~order will sell out as well?

Last edited:
Hs told me that delivery date from roswell is dec 26th...i ordered the case already n thats supposed to hit mid jan...

Hs told me that delivery date from roswell is dec 26th...i ordered the case already n thats supposed to hit mid jan...

you ordered that expensive ass case? :horror

My words exactly! :horror

You could've ordered pretty much the same thing from the website (that was posted earlier in this thread) for much less then that really over priced Sano case! :monkey1

My words exactly! :horror

You could've ordered pretty much the same thing from the website (that was posted earlier in this thread) for much less then that really over priced Sano case! :monkey1

I don't mind ...i also have the doll stand made to go with the marmit alien...plus, if I.m not mistaken that case has a very precise footprint for it....of it's made specifically for it, I don't mind....i always prefer to buy the accoutrements that are made especially for certain collectibles especially from the same company/ artist...ie the cases for efx items buy fx. As a collector, I look for those things myself esp for secondary market items...it's a preference...i mean I can always get one custom made elsewhere, but I.ll save that for items that don't have such things like my godzilla collectibles...personally the "official" accessories have more value in the long run so I tend to choose to invest in those things as long as theres practicality...

Last edited:
I don't mind ...i also have the doll stand made to go with the marmit alien...plus, if I.m not mistaken that case has a very precise footprint for it....of it's made specifically for it, I don't mind....i always prefer to buy the accoutrements that are made especially for certain collectibles especially from the same company/ artist...ie the cases for efx items buy fx. As a collector, I look for those things myself esp for secondary market items...it's a preference...i mean I can always get one custom made elsewhere, but I.ll save that for items that don't have such things like my godzilla collectibles...personally the "official" accessories have more value in the long run so I tend to choose to invest in those things as long as theres practicality...

I understand what you're saying about getting matching cases/stands/etc. to go w/ the same collectables but, personally this particular case looks to plain to me to justify it's outrageous price (the price on the statue alone is pretty much outrageous in itself). I mean if it came with some kind of cool logo or something that hinted "Alien" or "Giger" then I would definitely pick it up but, unfortunately it doesn't and the precise footprint doesn't make me feel like it's a "gotta have" matching item. If it were a decent/reasonable price then maybe.. Until that happens, I'll be spending my top dollar on the expensive statues themselves and not the cases.

I'm not knocking your purchase, mind you. I'm just what you might say a lil' envious of you. As I wish I had a bottomless cash barrel like yourself, to buy such ridiculously expensive cases. Until then I'll be making my own custom stand and case for my Sano piece w/ precise footprint and all :rotfl

Anyways, congrats on the case and please post some pics of it when it comes in. Thanks :peace

personally the "official" accessories have more value in the long run so I tend to choose to invest in those things as long as theres practicality...

though it might have value to you, if you were to sell that case, you would be lucky to get half what you payed. Not very many ppl would pay that much for such a small case. I don't see the painted Aliens increasing in value much either cause they are overpriced as it is, so those 2 pieces aren't really a smart investment if that's what your interested in. You also have to consider there's a good chance Sano will be making bigger versions in the future and at some point, his kits will end up being recasted.

though it might have value to you, if you were to sell that case, you would be lucky to get half what you payed. Not very many ppl would pay that much for such a small case. I don't see the painted Aliens increasing in value much either cause they are overpriced as it is, so those 2 pieces aren't really a smart investment if that's what your interested in. You also have to consider there's a good chance Sano will be making bigger versions in the future and at some point, his kits will end up being recasted.

Recast kits only devalue the item for people intetested solely in the sculpt...i only collect officially licensed product, partly bc my appreciation comes from a well made mass produced item that's sanctioned....i don't personally buy customized items that are one offs....not that theres anything wrong with those, in fact most one offs or customized items are rather spectacular....but I personally like the official accessory to go along with the item ... In terms of it being a smart investment, ultimately all collectibles drop in value once nostalgia disappears...i don't see out happening any time soon, and again I only buy what I value....i know I.m not the only one who values such things....i.ll put it this way, not everyone values what I do...but there are few who do....i prefer buying vader helmets that are official license than more "accurate" ones that have questionable lineage...i.d pay for the official piece, but not the unsanctioned bootleg. But that is just me. I admire the process taken through the proper channels top get things made with the proper permissions....and for me getting the case from the same company who supplied the statue just made sense....sure I could get one somewhere else, but the sensibilities in deciding the dimensions etc in relation top this sculpt comes from those who know best how they want their art"framed"again my opinion....real investment should be in real estate or others things that truly appreciate in value, but I also spend on things i appreciate or is proven to b of quality

Last edited:
In terms of investment, I mean simply that ifeel it is worth it....amd whoever isell to down the line will have the same appreciation for these items.....i agree these are expensive items, but it doesn't mean they won't appreciate, there are vinyl darth vaders that sold for 800 that have jumped to almost 1500 each , and they continue top hold value. And people said those wouldnt appreciate...it's all relative and anything that has any value is based on what one particular person is willing to spend...doesn't have to be "many people"....not many people would buy a lifesize alien for one reason our another...

Last edited:
Btw For items ive missed out on, I.m usually willing to pay at least the retail price or equivalent, and I don't make it a habit to expect sellers to take a loss on a sale....thats all....sorry so long ;)....still awake, ate too much...

Looks very black & white, but the under-dome detail looks great.

It's gonna be a _____ to get that dome securely on the kit properly after painting.

Back