New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recast kits only devalue the item for people intetested solely in the sculpt...i only collect officially licensed product, partly bc my appreciation comes from a well made mass produced item that's sanctioned....i don't personally buy customized items that are one offs....not that theres anything wrong with those, in fact most one offs or customized items are rather spectacular....but I personally like the official accessory to go along with the item ... In terms of it being a smart investment, ultimately all collectibles drop in value once nostalgia disappears...i don't see out happening any time soon, and again I only buy what I value....i know I.m not the only one who values such things....i.ll put it this way, not everyone values what I do...but there are few who do....i prefer buying vader helmets that are official license than more "accurate" ones that have questionable lineage...i.d pay for the official piece, but not the unsanctioned bootleg. But that is just me. I admire the process taken through the proper channels top get things made with the proper permissions....and for me getting the case from the same company who supplied the statue just made sense....sure I could get one somewhere else, but the sensibilities in deciding the dimensions etc in relation top this sculpt comes from those who know best how they want their art"framed"again my opinion....real investment should be in real estate or others things that truly appreciate in value, but I also spend on things i appreciate or is proven to b of quality

:goodpost:

...what one particular person is willing to spend...

:exactly:

Our friend in Japan got his signed version. Looking good~~

https://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/asaka0704/MYBLOG/yblog.html

Man looking so good ... :love it

Mine is somewhere over the Pacific ocean. Should be here in couple of days. Can't wait!

Is this your order for the special and kit version thx? and you said you got it from hobby or roswell?

Yup! Looks great! Got enough money saved up for this already. Just about another month wait for this master piece! Can't wait :rock

aversion.jpg
I really wish i could go back in time and tell Ridley that seeing more of the creature isnt a bad thing. I know sometimes you have to hide the guy in a suit so it doesnt look like a guy in a suit but i think the suit and creature design in alien was top notch and far too little was shown of it in the flick itself.

so does Roswell officially have the license to make Alien products? I see a Fox logo on the box. They should've done more with the base considering how expensive these are, looks pretty bland.

They do have the license....regarding the base, I think the focus is on the design of the creature itself, not necessarily about the character...which would ideally include a diorama style base to place him in the context of his role in the film or, enhance the monsters personality ...that's where the cm and the ss do him some good...

All these in-hand pics are really lighting my fire to build up my kit and get it painted.:gah: I think I'm going to have to find time in January to get it done.

They do have the license....regarding the base, I think the focus is on the design of the creature itself, not necessarily about the character...which would ideally include a diorama style base to place him in the context of his role in the film or, enhance the monsters personality ...that's where the cm and the ss do him some good...

I know, I'm just saying, for the price those painted versions cost, they could've put a little more effort into it. I really curious to see how the in hand pics of the SS maquette are going to look.

I know, I'm just saying, for the price those painted versions cost, they could've put a little more effort into it. I really curious to see how the in hand pics of the SS maquette are going to look.

I hear ya -- that was my first impression - then I started thinking that I was just glad it wasn't another grilled floor, or plain black circle...

I'm really looking forward to rec'ving mine from Hobby Search =D

Hopefully sooner than later...:pray:

I wish I didn't have to cancel my 1/3 bust...but I figured I really wanted an as yet not announced full-bodied version and the chance to buy the SS Maquette...Ihave very few busts and alien heads -- mostly full bodies...

Great pics are surfacing now, getting really ampt up for this ... :cool: , the packaging is kind of scaring me a bit. not as secure as I was hoping it too be. 'glad wrapped' down, can't say I am at all keen about that, my one will have a long and scary travel ahead of it coming into my country and one thing they do not do is handle with care ...

regarding the painted versions popping up now, they are great but a few minor differences I can see compared to the prototype roswell posted on their site but other than that it is looking too beautiful ...

Just got mine, but it came damaged. The way the pieces broken off is exactly like that link I posted(plus a broken finger and slightly scratched dome). The method they used to pack the piece is just..weird and cheap. Just asked for a immediate replacement. I'll post some pics later. Roswell is perfect on everything but the packaging method, lol! Very temped to just fix it up(all clean breaks) and have it displayed but for $1340. No.

Last edited:
Yeah, at that price, it's BS to have to fix it up yourself. Good luck getting it replaced. 30 of 30 is kinda cool to have though.

It's weird that they packed the statue versions so badly. They practically overpacked the kit versions. Took me a half hour to unwrap everything. It was one of the best packed things I've ever gotten.

Yeah, at that price, it's BS to have to fix it up yourself. Good luck getting it replaced. 30 of 30 is kinda cool to have though.

It's weird that they packed the statue versions so badly. They practically overpacked the kit versions. Took me a half hour to unwrap everything. It was one of the best packed things I've ever gotten.

Yea, they definitely need more experiences on domestic and international packaging.

Like the bust, I'm sure they'll get me a replacement soon enough, but they gotta pack it differently. Still, the piece damn impressive and I love it. My custom case should also be delivered soon.

Back