New Action Hero Sculpt - Tee Two & Double Dutch - Truthful Liar coming soon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neck-less Arnold head coming soon!

I'm just one guest in this thread, but loving Arnold very much and would be happy to get one GREAT T-800 T2. So here is few thoughts of mine.

1) The hair lines near ears are too low, looks Elvis-style. )))

2) There are few very deep wrinkles in the middle of his eyebrows, they make his face look very-very tense and coz of this it looks like having a grudge against something. The T-800 in T2 really had this faraway look, but not offended one. I think something should be done with his eyebrows area, he looks sad to me now. I'm almost cried of this: :D

Screen+shot+2012-08-21+at+2.03.15+PM.jpg

3) Can't say why... but I don't see Arnolds' monkey jaw in this sculpt, the face looks too anatomical right now, not enough deformed. But I can't say what exactly is wrong, so maybe I'm wrong. But I think that it's cheeks, maybe they are too heavy.

a-dev, LOL. :D I saw both sets, but quoted from second as far it's the latest one, I thought. All the same things I think: little bit wrong hair (better in the second set, but still wrong near ears), over the top tense eyes, something wrong with the jaw. And I really can't say what, shame on me.

Honestly, I'm quite happy with this one IF it would be not so sad. T_T
And maybe they should put some "meat" in the middle of the cheeks on this one and it would work.

Screen+shot+2012-08-21+at+2.02.37+PM.jpg

I think the main problem is in eyebrows like " / \ " instead something like " -- -- ".
The depth of wrinkles maybe right, coz priming would shrink them.

Terminator2-T800.jpg

Oh yeah! Almost forgot. It should fit upcoming HotToys DX T-2 T-800 with size and connector. :D

Last edited:

It still blows my mind to this day how they did that damaged make up ^^

It still blows my mind to this day how they did that damaged make up ^^

I know, right? And to this day it still looks absolutely fantastic, even under he harsh, high def resolution of Blu-ray. :rock

The only thing i think it needs is to lenghten the head up and down

You think the head isn't long enough? Are you saying that also based on these shots?-

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4804444&postcount=185

I'm curious because Dean actually did do a head lengthening at one point. Last thing I would want is for the face to be too squashed since thats my biggest problem with the existing HT sculpts.

I know, right? And to this day it still looks absolutely fantastic, even under he harsh, high def resolution of Blu-ray. :rock

Yep, amazing. All the special effects hold up really!

Love this sculpt, I'm excited for dutch!

:lol

This is getting nuts - as I thought it would... I am going back to the one-before-last and adding the forehead correction and nose slant so it still matches the profile.

As for the height of the head. from the side it is correct so I will leave it at that.

The lower jaw is just off now. As I said above though I will correct it.

I'll think about the eyebrows but I think he has a pretty blank look as is. Dutch will have a different expression and the True Lies head will probably have the smirk.

There will be a few hair tweaks.

I do appreciate the input though guys I really do - just after a while I will have to call it done or it will never be :)

I have been viewing this thread for quite a while, and im so impressed by Cregs talents, your an amazing sculpter dude! I cant wait to see a final version of this as its i feel it going to be the best 1/6 likeness or Arnie ever made. Keep up the good work. Also i dont know if i missed it, but is there goig to be a terminator 1 sculpt/ fluffy fuller hair version? As i have always wanted a t1 arnie, and i feel you are the best person for that job lol

Thanks man - I appreciate it! Other than hair on hot Toys heads. The only thing I had really ever sculpted was a PITT mini bust in high school. I always found it interesting but until I tried digital I never had enough of a curiosity to pursue it with natural mediums.

I'll go ahead an drop a few teases here... I have plans to do Chris Evans, A few Ledgers, maybe a Ra's and soon a Mark Ruffalo. :yess:

Possibly a Peter Parker too from ASM.

This is getting nuts - as I thought it would... I am going back to the one-before-last and adding the forehead correction and nose slant so it still matches the profile.

As for the height of the head. from the side it is correct so I will leave it at that.

I'll think about the eyebrows but I think he has a pretty blank look as is. Dutch will have a different expression and the True Lies head will probably have the smirk.

There will be a few hair tweaks.

I do appreciate the input though guys I really do - just after a while I will have to call it done or it will never be :)

Thanks man - I appreciate it! Other than hair on hot Toys heads. The only thing I had really ever sculpted was a PITT mini bust in high school. I always found it interesting but until I tried digital I never had enough of a curiosity to pursue it with natural mediums.

I'll go ahead an drop a few teases here... I have plans to do Chris Evans, A few Ledgers, maybe a Ra's and soon a Mark Ruffalo. :yess:

Possibly a Peter Parker too from ASM.

i'll be the first in line if you do ra's awesome list of project's you got going on and as always awesome work .

I'll think about the eyebrows but I think he has a pretty blank look as is.

Possibly the increased nose slant somehow made the brow look more intense than it did in previous 'prototypes', I dunno. I don't think you mentioned that you actually adjusted the brow again so....

Possibly the increased nose slant somehow made the brow look more intense than it did in previous 'prototypes', I dunno. I don't think you mentioned that you actually adjusted the brow again so....

No I didn't directly - but I suppose the nose adjustment set it down a tad??? it def' helped the profile though.

Nice teasers Creg, I hope that Evans sculpt is next. :D

Ruffalo sounds awesome, and the way things look I'm feeling your sculpt more than Hot Toys lately. I'm definitely down for painted vinyl heads if that works out. I'm not sure what Arnold head I want yet, but the T2 one is probably what I'll go with.. and the BD head would be pretty sick so, yeah, interested in that too.

Nice teasers Creg, I hope that Evans sculpt is next. :D

Ruffalo sounds awesome, and the way things look I'm feeling your sculpt more than Hot Toys lately. I'm definitely down for painted vinyl heads if that works out. I'm not sure what Arnold head I want yet, but the T2 one is probably what I'll go with.. and the BD head would be pretty sick so, yeah, interested in that too.

did you check out his ledger not sure if thats next .

did you check out his ledger not sure if thats next .

I didn't know he had a Ledger yet? Cool. I'd be interested in just a reguler Heath Ledger sculpt, but I'm sure he just means to do the Joker, which is perfectly awesome. I'd also be down for a ASM Peter Parker (and even Gwen & Conners).

No I didn't directly - but I suppose the nose adjustment set it down a tad??? it def' helped the profile though.

Yeah I liked the nose adjustment to more of a slant in the profile. I'll be interested to see it in combination with the previous jaw. I thought the brow looked good in this set of pics -

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4804444&postcount=185

If possible I'd aim to keep the new nose slant but try to return the brow to that^

I didn't really have an issue with the sideburns but V-Raptor thought they were a tad too long (hence the Elvis mention), maybe trim the point off and see what that looks like.

One last thing about the profile - and this is something that both HT and NECA did right but Enterbay messed up - that area underneath his jaw that is often put in shadow, you can see it in these screengrabs

t2_mq_209.jpg

t2_mq_264.jpg

It kinda looks like theres the structure of his jawbone and then this pouch of flesh underneath it - I do kinda see that on your sculpt, maybe enunciate it more or at least make sure that what is already present does in fact become part of the final sculpt and doesn't get cut off because I do think its important to the likeness. It was actually Maulfan who drew my attention to this area of Arnie's face.

Actually, if you look at that profile above with regard to the hair, you can see that there's a downward curve before you get to the front. Most of the pics I saw of yours looked like there was too much vertical hair at the front.

It's tricky I know, but you're definitely getting there...

Back