New Action Hero Sculpt - Tee Two & Double Dutch - Truthful Liar coming soon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neck-less Arnold head coming soon!

A-Dev and Riddick thanks for the pics!

a-dev my philosophy - Likeness > everything else.

So I welcome the feedback. tweak the hairline fill in the back of the head and add an age line next to the mouth and define a bit more.

Thanks guys - will wrap him up tomorrow!

A few more pics for the hairline and headshape.

t2_mq_203.jpg

t2_mq_202.jpg

Terminator_2_303-1.jpg

Terminator_2_317.jpg

t2_mq_209.jpg

t2_mq_239.jpg

t2_mq_264.jpg

Good one by RIDDICK here too. It shows the hair needs to go a bit further down the back of his head.

Last edited:

Not much for me to say now, A-dev summed it up perfectly. :hi5:

I was all set to type a big post out about the hair in side view but thought "nah, I'll just wait for a-dev" :lol

I think with the hair changed from side on it will be one of the best arnie sculpts ever! Great Job creg.

BTW Creg do you still have those expendables parts?

I was all set to type a big post out about the hair in side view but thought "nah, I'll just wait for a-dev" :lol

I think with the hair changed from side on it will be one of the best arnie sculpts ever! Great Job creg.

BTW Creg do you still have those expendables parts?

:lol Time for him to chim in again... :)

Nope - all sold. I sold the whole figure.

Screen+shot+2012-08-21+at+10.01.39+AM.jpg

Screen+shot+2012-08-21+at+10.01.18+AM.jpg

Screen+shot+2012-08-21+at+10.02.01+AM.jpg

Screen+shot+2012-08-21+at+10.02.39+AM.jpg

Screen+shot+2012-08-21+at+10.00.42+AM.jpg

GREAT work on modding the hair.

I have a couple of points to add though that just jumped out to me:

Arnie.png

1. As per the red lines, on the sculpt, the angle of the nose and his forehead appears to be the same, whereas in the reference shot, the nose has a steeper slope

2. As per the yellow lines, the lower jaw on the reference appears to jut out a bit more than on the sculpt.

Hope that helps :wave

Man, that new hair helps a lot. It just shows you.

Ok Creg thanks anyway buddy.

Ok guys Final round coming up (hopefully) as I am getting concerned with over working it...

This head in the gif has since had work on the ears and height of the front of the hair but shows the profile is now correct.

Thanks void!

arnold.gif

Dean, hair and general shape is now nailed as far as I'm concerned, staggeringly good job.

Though, with all respect to Void, I can see what he was talking about with the profile, but I think when put into effect his suggestions have negatively affected the front view.

Screen+shot+2012-08-21+at+2.01.48+PM.jpg

Here I think hes starting to look a bit Planet of the Apes. Sorry to put another spanner in the works.

Personally I prefer this one:

A-dev your right, the latter definitely looked better. His lips(particularly the bottom) seems to be protruding out too much making him look "ape-like."

Dean, hair and general shape is now nailed as far as I'm concerned, staggeringly good job.

Though, with all respect to Void, I can see what he was talking about with the profile, but I think when put into effect his suggestions have negatively affected the front view.

Screen+shot+2012-08-21+at+2.01.48+PM.jpg

Here I think hes starting to look a bit Planet of the Apes. Sorry to put another spanner in the works.

Personally I prefer this one:

Yeah, you're completely right - I think the lower jaw now looks too far forward, though it curiously looked off from the profile before. With the lower jaw adjusted maybe closer to what it was originally, it'll be pretttttyy amazing.

Great work Dean taking in all the feedback :rock :rock :rock

Did Dean adjust the slope of the nose? Maybe that was the only thing that was slightly off about the face profile and thus the adjustment there was all that was needed with the jaw able to be left as it was, I dunno.

edit - ah sorry Dean, there you are. :)

I have been viewing this thread for quite a while, and im so impressed by Cregs talents, your an amazing sculpter dude! I cant wait to see a final version of this as its i feel it going to be the best 1/6 likeness or Arnie ever made. Keep up the good work. Also i dont know if i missed it, but is there goig to be a terminator 1 sculpt/ fluffy fuller hair version? As i have always wanted a t1 arnie, and i feel you are the best person for that job lol

Back