Statue New, 2017 Chewbacca Premium Format ( ESB ??? )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is absolute zero reason to buy this if u have the first one which sells super cheap... except the matching base for han... I'm not falling for it .. I can't wait for han bit that chewie is the easiest pass for me ever

Oh lawd really SS. Sorry but this is totally stupid. It's bad enough they released yet another Fett for $550 now they put this basic remake. IDGAF new fur or whatever it's the same pose. I'm looking at mine right here lol

What's next they will release a wheel and says it's a new wheel I mean that's how stupid it is. The ONLY thing it does is allow those that can only get one with payments get it.

Oh wait I think they moved one fur mold... that's it add $150 and put it on that ugly base.

I would actually like one long base for Chewy and the droids.

only change base but he's coming~~~~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beginning to wonder about the "limited" nature of any of Sideshow's pieces, if they're just gonna do second runs with trivial changes a couple years later.

Limit changes to make an easy Buck. Very rarely pass on a Star Wars premium format but like others this is an easy pass. Of all the characters or all the posses they just redo an original chewbacca. Disappointed is an understatement.

Beginning to wonder about the "limited" nature of any of Sideshow's pieces, if they're just gonna do second runs with trivial changes a couple years later.

Let me help your wondering, there is none :p They make some cool stuff, but nobody should be surprised at reissues, variants, etc. It's not new. If it sells they'll do it. They don't really make collectibles anymore. Slapping limited on something means nothing when you just produce until it doesn't sell anymore. My microsoft mouse is limited in that regard because they stopped making them years ago. Hell by that definition your toilet paper is limited cause they won't be producing it forever. If you like their stuff, neat a lot of it still looks really cool. But don't let ES weigh in on any of your decisions with SS. Even their pieces that have ES are astronomically high for this hobby and they produce variants sometimes anyways.

edit: also the base on this one is terrible :| reminds me about the one part of the diplomatic mission diorama I don't like which is that weird cut in half wall piece.

slap in the face to every star wars collector.

Talk about lazy cash grab...a new base and barely different headsculpt...sigh.

Listen SS, just leave all your star wars statues as "open editions" so you can milk them forever and I can buy them down the road for dirt cheap.

I wish they treated the star wars license like the marvel or dc licenses...but I guess nothing will happen until Prime One gets a shot to give us more.

I'm gonna take a guess and say that the sculpt of the head isn't actually new, it just looks that way due to lens distortion in the photo. The bunches of hair that form the bottom edge of the head piece (where it lays over the torso) are the same shapes. Not sure why they'd make a new head, or why they would make the tufts of hair the same shape even if they did.

I am the only who thinks that is an ugly base? I get what they were trying to go for but that wall piece sticking out on the left side is just jarring...

I am the only who thinks that is an ugly base? I get what they were trying to go for but that wall piece sticking out on the left side is just jarring...

it is ugly and looks out of place. VERY happy to have the original wookie.. whos face looks a lot better than this too !

The old chewie is to find for a lot cheaper on the aftermarket as well...

my thinking is that the base will connect with han, and then make more sense. which if true, makes me spite this statue even more!

Sideshow is honored to introduce an all new Premium Format™ Figure of everyone’s favorite Wookiee™ – the mighty Chewbacca™!

And next SS will try to sell us ocean front property in Arizona. What a crock; Keep the same sculpt, change the base and jack up the price $200. At least the re-tread droids were in the same price zipcode.

I hope people ignore this release...

And next SS will try to sell us ocean front property in Arizona. What a crock; Keep the same sculpt, change the base and jack up the price $200. At least the re-tread droids were in the same price zipcode.

I hope people ignore this release...

Me too. If I didn't already have the previous version would still prefer to get that cheaper on ebay

Looked at the prototype after getting the email just now. I'm still betting they're just using the same head as the first one. Wonder how big the ES will be this time...

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot and ******** on your loyal customers :slap
Not all I know, but many buy statues because they obviously like the way they look but also they like to think they own something that is relatively rare once sold out.
If they start rehashing previous statue's that is a great way to piss off collectors, and help them to choose to spend there hard earned money with a different company.
If this is the new norm I'm going somewhere else for my statue's :mad:

Back