Netflix Luke Cage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Episode 3 question for those who have gotten that far:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Im thru 5 eps and it's slow going. It's not bad but this show could have waaay better. Problem is he rarely uses his powers and he has no one to fight. There's been one fight on the show. He's the only meta human on the show. If he wanted he could kill Cottonmouth at will. He has no real challenger given his powers.

Im thru 5 eps and it's slow going. It's not bad but this show could have waaay better. Problem is he rarely uses his powers and he has no one to fight. There's been one fight on the show. He's the only meta human on the show. If he wanted he could kill Cottonmouth at will. He has no real challenger given his powers.

I agree....I hope he doesn't kill Cottonmouth, he's the only character that has substance .......show would really hit a wall without him (IMO)

Episode 3 question for those who have gotten that far:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Netflix is a homerun for Marvel.

DD1/DD2/JJ/LC have accomplished what AOS tried and so far has failed to do, it has expertly filled the gap at the street level reaction to Avengers while the MCU handles the bigger world threats.

Plus it has succeeded in its core mission to introduce these "lesser" heroes.

I now feel sorry for WB, there is almost nothing they can do now to catch up to the world that Marvel has created.

These Netflix shows deserve some damn awards if you ask me.

Last edited:
So far the ONLY thing I don't like is the intro music itself when compared to DD/JJ more catchy tunes.

The intro visuals is fine, just the tune they went with.

However I do like the heroic theme attached to him.

I agree completely. The visuals are nice but the intro music leaves a lot to desire (though, I must admit, it fits PERFECTLY with the rest of the show).

As for the rest of the show... I agree with those claiming it's slow paced, although that's not necessarily a bad thing. I mean, it's slow because of the way Luke decided to go about doing things. Trying to bring down Cottonmouth by slowly crippling his mafia, building evidence against him and so on... like, just bash the dude's head in, problem solved. As I sit here watching episode 6 I couldn't help to think "If this was the Punisher show, the series would be finished on episode 2 with Frank putting a bullet on Cottonmouth's and Shade's head" lol.

Oh, and did anybody noticed how much airtime those bands playing at the club get? Like, at every episode there's at least one minute of some random musican playing while Cottonmouth watches it.

Music has been great so far, better than SS lol.

True what you said about taking villains out.

Can't say that just about Luke Cage, every super powered being could just kill the villain in an instant, end of show-movie.

I love TDK and when that was the rage everyone proclaimed, rightfully so, that Nolan had crafted a superhero movie around a great crime drama.

Well, DD/LC have now beat TDK in the superhero crime drama dept.

Marvel/Netflix have delivered a staggering 33 hours of that, and that's not including JJ!

Last edited:
Netflix is a homerun for Marvel.

DD1/DD2/JJ/LC have accomplished what AOS tried and so far has failed to do, it has expertly filled the gap at the street level reaction to Avengers while the MCU handles the bigger world threats.

Plus it has suceeded in its core mission to introduce these "lesser" heroes.

I now feel sorry for WB, there is almost nothing they can do now to catch up to the world that Marvel has created.

These Netflix shows deserve some damn awards if you ask me.

I don't think AoS was ever meant to do what these shows do. Netflix shows are supposed to be grounded in the world we see everyday while AoS is all about spies, advanced tech, and aliens.

WB can let go of the reigns they put on their TV properties and allow them to use any characters they want. I'm still amazed that they're allowing Superman to be used considering they squashed SS use on Arrow.

Marvel Netflix shows don't have nearly enough sex or nudity to be considered for any snooty awards. Tennant should have been nominated for playing Killgrave though.

Yeah I guess you're right, but i'm done with AOS, sorry Coulson.

Also, LC has had the best lines mentioning "the incident".

I'm at E8, lets see if it hits its landing better than DD2/JJ did.

E7 was incredible.

They need to dig up someone with equal strength for him to battle. Otherwise im losing patience with him deflecting bullets and twisting gun barrels. His life is never in danger. And that can really take the excitement out of things because for him there really is no risk. But they do keep flirting with drowning him or poison. Poison seems like an easier route.

It really is Ink, very engaging characters.

Being a white person myself that will never be a part of that fabric, not that the show is even close to being an accurate portrayal of Harlem, makes me fully invested in the show.

It's captivating to experience something different, almost foreign for me.

I almost keep wishing for Blade to show up and help lol.

But no vampires allowed in the MCU, unless they make them Hydra experiments lol.

Last edited:
More than halfway through. I love this show seems Netflix's is on a roll with juggernaut hit shows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They need to dig up someone with equal strength for him to battle. Otherwise im losing patience with him deflecting bullets and twisting gun barrels. His life is never in danger. And that can really take the excitement out of things because for him there really is no risk. But they do keep flirting with drowning him or poison. Poison seems like an easier route.

That is part of the problem with the show no question. Cage isn't in any harm and the few folks they tried (loosely) to involve in the show I don't really care about what happens to them. It's like a bad video game where the main character has unlimited life and your going thru the levels to get to the end.

It has good parts but definitely the worst of the three Marvel Netflix shows by far. I hope Fist and Defenders steer these series back on course. Granted I haven't watched anymore yet and Jye said episode 7 is great.....we will see..

Controversial opinion here, but I actually started to get bored during ep1. For a show called Luke Cage, he was barely in it. I think it might have benefitted from a big action set piece to hook viewers. I'm sure it'll get much better, but it didn't start with much of a bang for me...

The level of writing in this show would be considered oscar worthy if it was an innaritu movie.

I could never pass judgement on an 11 hour show just based off its first 45 minutes.

The drama is just as important as the action and this show so far has been delivering the kind of high quality drama that keeps me engaged.

There's also been just enough action to keep me entertained.

Now like with the other Netflix superhero shows I do have my fingers crossed that the last 3 episodes deliver the ending that this show deserves.

It will be a shame if it doesn't deliver a great ending to what has been a great build up.

I'm on 9.

Back