Netflix Luke Cage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These shows have good plots but spotty action. Season 2 of Luke cage was ok, but nothing to rave about.

The whole ****house is going up in flames... bye bye JJ season 3. The marvel gravy train is over for netflix. Its all going to disney streaming, bastards are making me subscribe to too much ****. It was fun while it lasted, sort of lol

Luke Cage going away is making me seriously considering unsubscribing from Netflix. Netflix has been losing the shows that I liked recently. The Expanse has moved to Amazon, most of the Marvel stuff is leaving and the movie selection for Netflix in my country is less than stellar.

Too bad for Iron Fist and Luke Cage. I think JJ and DD are up next for the chopping block irregardless of their ratings/performance. These are probably moving to Disney's streaming service.

ADD2804D-1CD0-4D5E-9FEA-91CB4D83A4C1.jpeg

The whole ****house is going up in flames... bye bye JJ season 3. The marvel gravy train is over for netflix. Its all going to disney streaming, bastards are making me subscribe to too much ****. It was fun while it lasted, sort of lol

posted this on the daredevil thread as a possible strategy for these moves

Disney and Netflix partnership made sense and was mutually beneficial to both but Disney is now coming after that Netflix subscription model.
a couple of theories and posts from guys on the mego boards on this situation , that have a better than average ,imo ,understanding and knowledge of bts movie and tv stuff , for what its worth

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
Saw rumors today on Bleeding Cool (so take with a grain of salt) that the behind the scenes buzz at NYCC form show runners of other shows was that actors from the Netflix series were networking looking for roles as they knew nothing beyond Jessica Jones season 3 and Punisher season 2 was coming from Netflix/Marvel and that Disney is looking to pull back the more adult Marvel content shows Netflix has to put not on the Disney streaming service, but on Hulu as they will have 60% stake in Hulu once the Fox acquisition is finalized. Disney is planning on putting all their "R" rated movie content on Hulu not the new Disney streaming and the belief is the more graphic Marvel shows will be earmarked there too. Again its rumors and on Bleeding Cool, so it's all just hearsay andclicknbait most likely, but Bleeding Cool hits on things more often than one might expect for a rumor mongering site.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
That makes perfect sense. The Fox film library has little value to Disney's demo, so Hulu would be a better drop point. That also ties into the speculation Comcast wants to buy the Fox titles that fits Universal Studios branding - Pota, Aliens, Predator etc...

so if Universal buys Warner's 10%, it would be a 60/40 split. Antitrust is going to force Disney to sell its majority stake in Hulu once Disney stream hits big. So it goes 75/25 Universal. Disney would then ofload its R titles in the deal and get a huge buyout or else the Hulu library would implode.

This would also swap the remaining Marvel rights at Uni - Hulk and Namor - back to Marvel.

Back