Netflix Luke Cage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. No Defenders 2. I especially wouldn't even bother with Iron Fist s2.

Everything those shows touched is ruined including The Hand, Electra and Madam Gao. And Sigourney Weaver... she completely phoned it in.

I'm excited for the return of the show but afraid to watch it.
First new showrunner and now this teaser...

I dunno, man... I really liked Season One for its slow burn narrative and stylish atmosphere.

I hated IF and the defenders. I didn't even finish it. Also skipped Punisher season. I love the Punisher but it sounded like too much talking and not enough Frank Castle.

I liked LC season 1 at least so I'm hoping it will continue to be good. Like Evilface said, these shows (with exception of DD) should be 10 or less eps.

The only series I haven't liked at all so far is IF. Defenders wasn't much better, but I felt like I needed to finish it since they finally got them all together. LC was great for the first half and ok for the second half. I loved the music throughout so hopefully they hit that out of the park again. My only complaint for every Marvel Netflix show is the amount of episodes. None of them should be more than 8-10, and even 10 is pushing it for some of the storylines.

The first 7-8 episodes of s1 felt like some really compelling crime drama with a guy with super powers. I would argue it some of Marvel's best work when it comes to television. And then with what happened to Cottonmouth (played brilliantly by Mahershala Ali) then the whole Stryker storyline, it just became silly to me and wasn't that interesting any more.

Though it's not uncommon for these MCU shows to drop in quality around the halfway point. Sticking to 8-10 episodes per show would be better.

There was a Luke Cage trailer that had him going into a stronghold and the music was ODB. Then they changed the music in the actual show and it wasn't nearly as great.

I'm tired of having a police storyline in each of these shows. Tedious. I also don't need Luke to crossover with anyone. I'll make an exception if it's Castle.

The first 7-8 episodes of s1 felt like some really compelling crime drama with a guy with super powers. I would argue it some of Marvel's best work when it comes to television. And then with what happened to Cottonmouth (played brilliantly by Mahershala Ali) then the whole Stryker storyline, it just became silly to me and wasn't that interesting any more.

Though it's not uncommon for these MCU shows to drop in quality around the halfway point. Sticking to 8-10 episodes per show would be better.
I thought it was a brilliant move to kill off Cottonmouth mid-season. The whole point of his character was to be a grounded villain that would help to introduction us to OTT oldschool hero, and to help develop Black Mariah. He was completely re-invented for live action and it wouldn't make sense to keep him around as a second Kingpin while the real deal is alive and coming back.

Stryker was very silly but felt like the right kind of villain for Luke, and the right kind of villain for a blaxploitation style this series was going for. He was incredibly dangerous not only thanks to HAMMER tech but because of his insanity and fearlessness. The only thing I was dissapointed in is how stupid his exosuit's helmet looked. :lol

There was a Luke Cage trailer that had him going into a stronghold and the music was ODB.
Then they changed the music in the actual show and it wasn't nearly as great.
Really? I thought Bring Da Ruckus with its "I come rough, tough like an elephant tusk" was much more fitting than Shimmy Shimmy Ya. Just because ODB died 14 years ago doesn't mean his song was better. :dunno

Less than a month left! :rock

luke-cage-season-2-poster-new.jpg

Just finished. I'd say it was good, not great. The last scene....

Spoiler Spoiler:

How about Netflix make these stand alone series 8 episodes and Defenders 13 cause of all the characters in it.

Finished S2, it started out just OK at first but the show got a lot more interesting towards the end, usually it's the other way around with these Marvel shows.

A lot of interesting characters start showing up about half way point that made the show better imo, overall I enjoyed it and left me wanting more, can't wait to see what happens next.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back