Netflix Luke Cage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh, and whoever played Chico was simply a terrible actor. Don't think that needs to be in the spoiler :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I enjoyed the series and I like how authentic they made it.

So far Netflix Marvel is 4/4... not even a mediocre show yet. :yess:

These guys can do no wrong. I'm so impressed with what they're doing with these characters. I love it.

Yup, even with the length of the shows having a negative impact on their narratives they are still high quality shows that treat these characters with respect, yes even if LC was the weakest of the 4 shows it was still very decent.

For me personaly I thought it fluctuated between good and great.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wow thanks for the knowledge! I can see where some of the appreciation can get lost for someone who isn't familiar with the source material like myself.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ultimately, I still enjoyed it for the most part.

Finished it. Was better than Jessica Jones but still just average with lots of filler. Needed lots more blaxploitation. I liked that Diamondback got a super suit that after a google entry looks like his comic outfit. I dug Cage's throwback suit for the 2 seconds we got to see it. Lucky these street level superheroes have a nurse that can fix all their wounds. :lol Would have been nice if Matt Murdock would have shown up for some legal advice. I like Shades. He is that **** eating grin down.

I think Daredevil spoiled us.

Hope POnisher doesn't suck.

Finished it. Was better than Jessica Jones but still just average with lots of filler. Needed lots more blaxploitation. I liked that Diamondback got a super suit that after a google entry looks like his comic outfit. I dug Cage's throwback suit for the 2 seconds we got to see it. Lucky these street level superheroes have a nurse that can fix all their wounds. :lol Would have been nice if Matt Murdock would have shown up for some legal advice. I like Shades. He is that **** eating grin down.

I think Daredevil spoiled us.

Hope POnisher doesn't suck.

Fair enough review I agree especially with Shades, Diamond's cool costume, being better than JJ and wanting a Murdock cameo.

Watched a bit more and find it somewhat boring. My least favorite of the Netflix shows so far. Could change by the end but I don't think so.

I just finished it. I enjoyed it quite a bit. As with all the Netflix shows, there is inevitable filler in series that last this long. But by and large I think it all worked. Well written, pretty well paced, good actors cast in these roles. There was a nice arc for Councilwoman whatsherface, Stryker was appropriately menacing and crazy looking (as we knew he would be from his work on Boardwalk Empire), I thought Shades was a cool villain, and the general approach is a nice change of pace from what we expect from comic films and TV. The ending didn't wrap everything up in a bow, so we know we'll be seeing more of these guys later, which is good. Including a super powered Stryker I'm assuming. Cage has a cool/easygoing attitude that is distinctive among superhero characters, which I like. But I'm guessing given his relationship with Claire that he and JJ won't be making babies anytime soon. I was expecting Jones to appear in the show through the first part of the season, but it's probably best that they hold off on that and resolve their issues in the Defenders.

Netflix is probably my favorite of all the comic book stuff we are getting nowadays, on balance.

:lol Some of those shots are exactly the same kind of shots they used for those old opening montages. I kinda miss the innocence of '80s/early '90s sitcoms.

I've been on episode 10 for over a week...I can't seem to muster the will to finish the show. I hope IF restores my faith in Netflix after JJ and LC

Watched a bit more and find it somewhat boring. My least favorite of the Netflix shows so far. Could change by the end but I don't think so.

I found it to be quite intriguing.

How dirty politics, wealth and connections
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just finished it. I'd put it neck and neck with JJ but below DD 8.5/10 and well below DDS2. So a solid 8/10. They should really have cut it down to 10 eps because it needed to be tightened up IMO. Colter did a solid job carrying the series and Marhershala Ali and Alfie Woodard were outstanding.Although the writing for both characters was a bituneven. I wasn't too crazy about the love interest choice, but the character itself worked well. Absolutely hated the weakness. While I liked Diamondback's backstory he was never really shown as a crime overlord they were making him out to be at the beginning. The actor is good and I do see great things developing. Several cool Easter eggs especially the throwback look, but would have liked to have seen a few more shots in the getup. DD and/or JJ cameos would have been nice, but I understand why they wanted to keep the story contained.

Overall a solid outing for another piece of the Defenders puzzle. I'm really looking forward to seeing Cage and Iron Fist together.

That is hilarious. Better than the Avengers Full House mash-up (although having Elizabeth Olsen in there was cool)

Back