Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is legitimate!

I saw it. I was there. I saw it all. He reached up with his dead hand and signed it in his own blood, and he did it with this pen.

mimejokerpic.jpg

:rotfl

Well-played, you beautiful bastard, well-played. :duff

BTW, I'm pretty sure James Cameron didn't invent the Internet. But he did invent air.

Unbelievable...."Yeah Fantastic we finally have
Michael Biehn back for the Alien franchise....But let's make him look like Freddy Krueger/elephant Man disgusting.... YEAH like someone's burnt his face off with blow torch ..Yeah...That's what the fans want to see!!!"

Unbelievable...."Yeah Fantastic we finally have
Michael Biehn back for the Alien franchise....But let's make him look like Freddy Krueger/elephant Man disgusting.... YEAH like someone's burnt his face off with blow torch ..Yeah...That's what the fans want to see!!!"

:exactly:

And as we've said, it's not even faithful to the end of Aliens (assuming they do actually go with that make-up in the movie)

He didn't even get acid on his face - if he did, getting his armour off would have been the last thing on his mind.

Yeah, no. Just no.

A Black comedy/horror - I guess it is - and what a terrible idea. Don't call it an Alien movie then. Don't release it in box sets alongside the other ones. It's an embarrassment.

i never understood why people give a pass to Joss Whedon for that alien movie... i had no idea he came up with it until a couple of years ago. Its like this little dirty secret that no one ever brings up

I watched that and his Alien 3 one. I agree with his analysis of 3 for the most part, he kinda grinded my gears calling Hicks 'boring' (as compared to some Alien 3 characters) but other than that I think he nailed it.

But Resurrection (which for some reason I've been watching tonight), it's awful beyond belief. It just does not fit with any of the previous 3 films - the characters, the script, the tone, the music, the look, the sounds and the behaviour of the Aliens - it's so far removed from them that I really think including it in box sets with the other films is like putting Batman and Robin in with Nolan's Dark Knight movies.

alien 4 has some great alien designs and some great effects

the alien swimming in the water is still my favorite of all the alien effects of all the movies. the aliens in alien 4 looked better than the puppet of alien 3 and even the aliens from avp

If it doesn't fit that has nothing to do with it's quality.

But how doesn't it fit? Characters are a mix between Aliens and Alien3, same for the tone and the look, the music sounds very Alien, Aliens act very Alien.

I really don't see how it doesn't fit.

alien 4 has some great alien designs and some great effects

the alien swimming in the water is still my favorite of all the alien effects of all the movies. the aliens in alien 4 looked better than the puppet of alien 3 and even the aliens from avp

Plus, AR actually does a better job explaining how Ripley got there.

But how doesn't it fit? Characters are a mix between Aliens and Alien3, same for the tone and the look, the music sounds very Alien, Aliens act very Alien.

it doesn't fit in that the tone is more comedic (thanks to that moron Joss Whedon) it is satire and it is not as serious so it doesn't even feel like the same franchise

Prometheus and even AVP feel more like Alien movies than Alien 4 does in that sense. so There's that.

and then story wise some stuff doesn't fit either like bringing back Ripley or being so far in the future from the other ones. it's so far in the future that nothing from alien 1 2 and 3 matter (except for the aliens and the clones)

I still love the aliens and the ship design but I can see why people get bothered by it

it doesn't fit in that the tone is more comedic (thanks to that moron Joss Whedon) it is satire and it is not as serious so it doesn't even feel like the same franchise

Prometheus and even AVP feel more like Alien movies than Alien 4 does in that sense. so There's that.

and then story wise some stuff doesn't fit either like bringing back Ripley or being so far in the future from the other ones. it's so far in the future that nothing from alien 1 2 and 3 matter (except for the aliens and the clones)

I still love the aliens and the ship design but I can see why people get bothered by it

Oh I see.

Well, I've always though about AR as one of the comics from dark horse back in the day, if does feel like an alternative story, but to me it does feel like an Alien work, it does strive a bit away from the usual like adding a bit of humour and characters a little on the cartoony side compared to Aliens, but I do like all those things.

Plus, you gotta love this guy.

alien-resurrection-ron-perlman-scowling.jpg

"Ridley is producing it. He likes the idea of what I want to make."
(c)

. . .

Here goes my hype train...

BACK%20TO%20THE%20FUTURE.gif

No. I just....I can't even begin to say how unlike the other films it is....as per my example, it's like as if they were to call Batman and Robin a direct sequel to the Nolan films. Particularly the extended version - I mean the opening shot of that alone with the CG insect whose jaws are meant to look like the alien's - just awful and so totally inconsistent with the openings of 1 -3.

Back