Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did not care for Alien 3 as an Alien movie but enjoyed it as a fine film- hard to describe what I mean....

I like Alien 3 a lot, it gets a hard time, unfairly I think. It has so much going for it. I think it's just become a victim of habit now, people go on about how bad it is for the sake of it I'm sure. For me, it has so many redeeming features and some of the strongest characters of all of the movies. Plus it has a cool creature design.

As for Alien Resurrection. Well, I thought I liked it a lot, I remember it being a lot better than people generally consider it. But then I watched it again recently for the first time in a few years and it wasn't quite what I remembered. Don't get me wrong, I actually like it, it's a decent film with many merits. But it also has some big down points, the almost B movie aspects (the Captain holding hos own brain) The crappy CGI in some areas which is always a quick way of ruining a movie for me. Over all it does more than make up for these faults, I don't even mind the new born myself when you take it for what it is (a messed up hybrid) The sets are nice, ship designs are cool, good cast for the most part. It's a good film then and for all its wrongs, it does a lot right, but it is the weakest of the 4 for me.

Calling it the weakest of the four speaks too highly of it IMO, because it appears to acknowledge it as an Alien movie. This goes back to my belief that it actually shouldn't be included in Blu Ray sets with the other movies. As Kara said, put it in with the AvPs. Same alien design in those films aswell (well actually I think AvP got rid of the extra leg joint again but the rest was the same)

Last edited:
B-but it is an Alien movie, like it or not it shares the same storyline as the main trilogy with the same main character(kind of). The weakest of the four sounds about right to me, the AvP movies are in the lowest level of repugnant and AR most definitely does not deserve to be there.

Calling it the weakest of the four speaks too highly of it IMO, because it appears to acknowledges it as an Alien movie. This goes back to my belief that it actually shouldn't be included in Blu Ray sets with the other movies. As Kara said, put it in with the AvPs. Same alien design in those films aswell (well actually I think AvP got rid of the extra leg joint again but the rest was the same)
gUqLqP5.gif

Besides, if AR belongs with AvP because they used the design from AR without making any sense, well...

aliensvspredatorrequiem0703.jpg

And the fact that they used that one makes a lot more sense, because the AR Aliens look like they do because they have human DNA or whatever.

Calling it the weakest of the four speaks too highly of it IMO, because it appears to acknowledges it as an Alien movie. This goes back to my belief that it actually shouldn't be included in Blu Ray sets with the other movies. As Kara said, put it in with the AvPs. Same alien design in those films aswell (well actually I think AvP got rid of the extra leg joint again but the rest was the same)

I get that you really don't like it, It is the weakest like I said, but it has Ripley, it has Aliens... It is an Alien movie. It is also a much better movie than either of the AVP's.

Yeah no worries chaps, I posted that, then went for my supper during which I felt I should go back and delete that post because I think I've been fairly repetitive in here today - alas you had all already responded so no point deleting it now.

Anyway I'm sure you get my message loud and clear, I hate A:R, enough said. :D

Also, yes Gaspar, I forgot that AvP:R changed the design again.

Also, yes Gaspar, I forgot that AvP:R changed the design again.
:lol no worries

Also, I just checked at RT, and not that it actually matters because I do think Alien 3 is better than Resurrection, but Resurrection is actually rated higher than Alien 3 at 44% and 54%, so there's that useless bit of info.

All friends here. :hi5:

They should have just reused the AVP Aliens in AVP:R given the alternative. Not that we could see much of anything.

Reminder that all the faults of alien 4 fall on the shoulders of joss whedon. Please don't ever forget that, he gets WAY too much pass for this... Why does the weight of this turd falls all and only on the director.

Troll whedon had one job and that was to make a good story....

:lol no worries

Also, I just checked at RT, and not that it actually matters because I do think Alien 3 is better than Resurrection, but Resurrection is actually rated higher than Alien 3 at 44% and 54%, so there's that useless bit of info.

Yeah, that's....they're wrong quite simply :lol

All friends here. :hi5:

:duff

Reminder that all the faults of alien 4 fall on the shoulders of joss whedon. Please don't ever forget that, he gets WAY too much pass for this... Why does the weight of this turd falls all and only on the director.

Troll whedon had one job and that was to make a good story....

I dunno, I've always heard that they butchered what he wrote. Then again when I consider Whedon's other work I never would have picked him for an Alien film. Most of said other work came after of course so it's easier to say that with hindsight.

Yeah, that's....they're wrong quite simply :lol

:duff

I dunno, I've always heard that they butchered what he wrote. Then again when I consider Whedon's other work I never would have picked him for an Alien film. Most of said other work came after of course so it's easier to say that with hindsight.

he always likes to bring up that the final movie is nothing like his original story
but the movie is full of typical whedon humor. i dont buy it, everyone craps all over that french guy while whedon gets to wash his hands over destroying the alien franchise

Now that you mention it it does have Whedon humour - ''I thought you were dead'' ''I get that a lot'', ''I heard that you ran into these things before, so like, what did you do?'' ''I died'' etc etc

In no way, shape or form AR is a turd and cannot be compared to the disgusting AvP movies.

Never tought i would say that but I think i might prefer watching those AVP flicks than AR again.
Dont care really AVP but they feel like pure exploitation flicks, AR trying to be up there with the previous gems just annoys the **** out of me.
I must really really hate that ****ing director...

So Ridley is involved in the next Blompkamp masterpiece... Aw crap we re ****ed.
Damn Neil better get a proper script or i will ****ing hunt him till the end of the world.
Alien has enough suffered with Prometheus, it needs a proper come back.

Alien has enough suffered with Prometheus, it needs a proper come back.

ckI0cAA.gif

Prometheus isn't an Alien movie. People still think it is which is why they don't like it I think. It isn't what I expected, and it's far from perfect, but it's a good movie imo.

Back