Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Vintij :duff

Alien: Resurrection makes more sense being lumped in with the AvP movies, IMO. I feel its inclusion cheapens the big Alien Blu Ray set as a whole.

:exactly: It's far more comparable to the AvP movies. There's just no subtlety or restraint in it, the characters are cartoons, every ''scare'' is signposted by the score, a score which is constant throughout the film (I'm sure the other movies used silence to great effect, this one didn't seem to have any appreciation for silences). It comes across more like a Scream or Jason Voorhees type movie albeit with the occasional nice sci-fi visual.

Why do you want to insult the Friday the 13th movies like that?

That's why I never bought the four-pack. No point when you can get ALIEN and ALIENS individually and not sully your shelf.
I think the separate releases are missing some of the documentaries and other special features, though.

Alien resurection has its merit, great production design, cool actors but damn its so lame.
It adds nothing to the table, story is boring, looks tiny, feels cheap.
And on the top of that i freaking hate that dumbass director from my country who basically did not really give a **** about the saga but felt important adding his name to it.

Wut, don't you like MoS and A3 too?

I didn't say AR was awesome, but far from a turd, the fact that is out of place with the rest of the movies has nothing to do with quality.

99818-well-there-it-is-gif-Jeff-Gold-seL5.gif

Wut, don't you like MoS and A3 too?

I didn't say AR was awesome, but far from a turd, the fact that is out of place with the rest of the movies has nothing to do with quality.

Quality Schmaulity. If it thinks it's an Alien film and has Sigourney Weaver playing Ripley nothing else matters when it doesn't fit with the other films. It fails at its job.

So GasparZizou thinks that MOS, A3, and A:Res are all awesome movies. I'm noticing a pattern here....
I saw the trailer for the new Paul Blart movie at the theater last weekend, and some of the guys there were laughing their asses off the whole time. One man's turd is another man's treasure, for sure!

Quality Schmaulity. If it thinks it's an Alien film and has Sigourney Weaver playing Ripley nothing else matters when it doesn't fit with the other films. It fails at its job.
Again, the fact that it doesn't fit has literally nothing to do with it's quality, is really your whole opinion on the movie restricted by if it fits or not?

B&R isn't bad because it doesn't fit, it's bad because it has nothing less than cringe worthy dialogue, awfully bad performances, stupid costume designs, beyond dumb script, unlikable characters, out of character characters and the list goes on, it's reached a point where it's so bad, that some people enjoy the sheer badness.

AR doesn't reach such point, it has cheesy dialogue, cartoony characters and some dramatic conveniences, but nowhere near the crap B&R or AvP, AR actually has legit intentional merits.

I understand AR is too far gone for you guys and can't see it's merits, I don't blame you and don't expect you to give it a chance, just saying it does have some good stuff in it.

I saw the trailer for the new Paul Blart movie at the theater last weekend, and some of the guys there were laughing their asses off the whole time. One man's turd is another man's treasure, for sure!

Kara pls, don't make me make you ban yourself.

. . .isn't bad because it doesn't fit, it's bad because it has nothing less than cringe worthy dialogue, awfully bad performances, stupid costume designs, beyond dumb script, unlikable characters, out of character characters and the list goes on, it's reached a point where it's so bad, that some people enjoy the sheer badness.
You could've been talking about Resurrection, and I wouldn't have disagreed. Of course, there are a few superficial redeeming qualities, like the special effects in some scenes, and a few good actors here or there hamming it up, but the same could be said for Batman and Robin.

Again, the fact that it doesn't fit has literally nothing to do with it's quality, is really your whole opinion on the movie restricted by if it fits or not?

Yes. :lol

It's meant to be an Alien sequel - I really see no point in trying to see it from any other standpoint. I tried doing that with Terminator 3, tried to appreciate it as 'just an Arnold movie', maybe it's actually a good Arnold movie - and I couldn't do it.

You could've been talking about Resurrection, and I wouldn't have disagreed. Of course, there are a few superficial redeeming qualities, like the special effects in some scenes, and a few good actors here or there hamming it up, but the same could be said for Batman and Robin.

You're probably right, those same things might exist in AR too, but not in the same magnitude, not even close imo, the cringe worthiness and cheesiness in B&R is at least twice or thrice that of AR, also, no dumb costume designs.

Plus, no Bat nipples.... We have these instead...

Newborn__painted__low_angle.jpg

:lol

Yes. :lol

It's meant to be an Alien sequel - I really see no point in trying to see it from any other standpoint. I tried doing that with Terminator 3, tried to appreciate it as 'just an Arnold movie', maybe it's actually a good Arnold movie - and I couldn't do it.

Fair enough.

Back