Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every movie before and after alien 3 had gorgeous cleverly executed visual effects, with even more limited tools (and budget) (alien, aliens)
How does that negate anything I've said?

The death scene had a poor cg and looked like a video game. Or were you talking about Ripley's death scene because that looked even worse. (poor composition)
"XENO DEATH SCENE". smh.
Like a videogame? What? :lol that's just not true, it was beautifully executed, videogame? Jeezus.
Now, regarding Ripley's death scene... I don't know, I know even the guys in charge of that scene didn't like it, but I love the way it came out.

btw, Aliens is full of bad composition too, maybe not comparable to some of the running alien run takes, but there is some near that.

You want me to answer your question?
After the last quote, I'm considering it.

Say if you are a lawyer would you ask the defendant to google the ****ing thing by themselves because it is not difficult and you will find evidence there?
I'm still waiting for you to respond the questions I asked before you asked for the links, also, this isn't a ****ing hearing, there ARE plotholes in Aliens, there ARE plotholes in MOST movies, google it.

Most movies have redeeming qualities.
This one has a plethora.

However because in a lot of places the movie has terrible visual effects
Not a lot, some.

major plot holes
One, major plot hole.

killing off a potential solid supporting character and spending most of the time in the first act and than just killing him off with absolutely no further plot device to back his character to go on

people just disappearing for no reason

and only having one mood unlike other good movies where people make you laugh cry and be happy,

I've already replied to all of this, none of those hold up, and I'm still waiting for the response to my questions.

and having a very flat 1 dimensional character that you could care less about or even be able to identify because of the way they look makes it a average movie.
There's not a single one dimensional character in this movie, not one.

I'm done, buddy, sorry, you're boring to argue with, you obviously dislike the movie but you didn't offer a single strong argument to support any objective negativity towards it, well, one, the initial plot hole, but the rest is just vapor that has been addressed yet you ignore it as you've ignored my questions, you move the discussion nowhere and and you drag it, so we've been going in circles for a while now, I can only care for the same rehashed points so much.

So, have a good night.

Last edited:
Why do people get worked up about Clemens? :lol

He serves his purpose in the story and dies past the half way mark. He gets his nice arc, we find out why he's there, etc. etc. He didn't have to be fighting the Alien in the climax to be an important character. He opens himself up to Ripley about how he accidentally killed those thirty men with the wrong dosage and how he doesn't want to leave because he's punishing him. Then we see Ripley trusts him. Then he dies. So what? Everyone dies in the end, even Ripley and Dillon.

So personal attack, abusing smiles, and swearing in basically every reply, and just saying "No it isn't" makes it the best response?

So personal attack, abusing smiles, and swearing in basically every reply, and just saying "No it isn't" makes it the best response?
y u hate emojis you monster?

"No it isn't" is just as valid as "yes it is", but those weren't my actual responses... But eh, you've made it clear that you have no interest in analyzing my replies and instead you're just waiting for your turn to reply, so I could not care less either.

Why do people get worked up about Clemens? :lol

He serves his purpose in the story and dies past the half way mark. He gets his nice arc, we find out why he's there, etc. etc. He didn't have to be fighting the Alien in the climax to be an important character. He opens himself up to Ripley about how he accidentally killed those thirty men with the wrong dosage and how he doesn't want to leave because he's punishing him. Then we see Ripley trusts him. Then he dies. So what? Everyone dies in the end, even Ripley and Dillon.

A3 is all about Ripley and Dillon. I'm glad Clemens died when he did.

Alien3 is a beautiful mess. I love it, but there are elements of it which don't work. At all. If you read about the making of it or watch the very good documentary on it, things become clearer. Probably my biggest issue with it is the awkward mix between creature design. One **** uses a beautiful four legged alien puppet, a big gangly thing that is completely new then in the smelting room it's just a guy in a not fantastic rubber costume. But you know the good always outweighed the bad for me with the film. It's incrediibly well acted, serious and really interesting visually. Love it, despite its flaws.

I love Alien 3. Simply for how ****ed the situation is. It gives you that gutpunch in the first 5 minutes, and never lets up. Resurrection doesn't exist for me. Sigourney is awesome, I love how she always was so proud of the franchise, and is open to returning, though God knows how they would explain that away.

Unbelievably stoked for the new Alien film. Knowing this just adds to the perilous alien debate, I'll just state it because it's my hope as a fan - I hope they bring back Hicks battle scarred and all, similar to that of the epic dark horse comics.
As to the Alien 3 debate, I have a true love-hate relationship with the film. I appreciate its dark undertone, visuals, risk-taking, and themes. However, logic is thrown out the window in the opening act. No I am not referring to the killings of two believed characters. I'm referring to the unexplained and sheer impossible notion that two alien eggs were onboard the sulaco. One so happenings to be auctioned on the ceiling. Unless weyland intercepted the sulaco, similar to that discussed in the aliens colonial marines game, there truly is no explainatuon as to why those two eggs were unnoticed. They went into hypersleep within feet of at least one egg shown in alien 3 the director's cut. Even if it were just the facehuggers onboard somehow, Ripley being the Savy survivor that she is would have done a scan of the ship. Even with that being stated, the sulaco was in space. Unless the alien queen was able to produce eggs without her sac or two fachuggers happened to high a ride on her back when she snuck on the dropship, that in itself is quite ridiculous.
Like mentioned above, I enjoed the dark undertone and the sacrificial nature of alien 3. Hicks could have gone out towards the end. I actually envisioned him going out similarly to that of Dillon and hicks being the one rescuing Ripley from the rapists. Ripley and hicks should have had their romantic fling before both dying for the cause to save humanity. It's a complete Shakespearean tradegy in that sense. A tandem of Ripley, hicks, and Dillon would have been intriguing on screen. I really would have enjoyed seeing them battle it out in this gothic world. I think David Fincher and fox dropped the ball on that one.
If the tone were different, hicks could have been the one to survive and be the surrogate father to meet as Ripley's last wish before killing herself.
All in all, the first five minutes are logically off from the fachuggers to a facehugger possibly causing a fire that in an advanced age be a catalyst for a violent evac pod ejection that hurls the four into a planet. You would believe it be an ejection more of a lifeboat into space with a distress beacon. Also, a military vessel would seem to have some sort of extinguishing system in case of a fire in cryo sleep.
It's just a mystery that affects the film. Actually, a frustrating mystery that was an obvious quick solution for fox to push this film without carefully considering the characters' personalities and wits and the universe itself. Should have to written in all the characters and have simply had weyland sabotage the sulaco and direct the sulaco to fury 161 as a controlled experiment to understand and contain the alien. Oh well, it's still my third ranked alien film in the franchise. Just stoked to have another one being scripted and directed by a die hard alien fan whom I believe will do it justice

Mhm thin skin huh? :lol

No, I simply don't like rude people.

Well you did make one uninformed claim, but I was a tool indeed, I apologize.

An apologize? Well, that's never happened in place like this. Very good, I accept. The uninformed claim was an assumption on my part, which was a mistake so I apologize.

We will just have agree to disagree about the film.

This thread makes me want to watch Alien 3. :lol

I never got the hate tbh. I like it aside from the shoddy cgi on the Alien in some scenes. Like when it's running along the ceilings.

Clemens? So what? Kane... Apone, they all go out pretty early. I mean, in the director's cut especially, with the majority of the Marines.

Yeah, Alien 3, good film. The last decent film in the franchise for my money. That said I welcome an alternate. Worst case scenario it's just another film I won't consider canon.

I never got the hate tbh. I like it aside from the shoddy cgi on the Alien in some scenes. Like when it's running along the ceilings.

It's a rod puppet.

Alien-3-Rod-puppet-Alien-head-Alien-3-5.jpg

Just really dodgy compositing. The only CGI in the film is when it's head starts to crack and for some of the shadows cast by the puppet.

Last edited:
Back