Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread makes me want to watch Alien 3. :lol

I never got the hate tbh. I like it aside from the shoddy cgi on the Alien in some scenes. Like when it's running along the ceilings.

Clemens? So what? Kane... Apone, they all go out pretty early. I mean, in the director's cut especially, with the majority of the Marines.

Agreed.
I CAN understand dissing resurection as it really add nothing, feel cheap (good the queen and tiny sets) trying hard to be a worthy mashup of the originals but Alien 3 even with its flaws is up there with the two first.
I guess thats the difference between cinephile and fanboys.
Alien 3 IS a good movie.

Last edited:
It's a rod puppet.

Alien-3-Rod-puppet-Alien-head-Alien-3-5.jpg

Just really dodgy compositing. The only CGI in the film is when it's head starts to crack and for some of the shadows cast by the puppet.
An incredibly beautiful rod puppet I might add. There were a couple of tiny CGI bits on the ceiling as well. But as you say the head crack was a big shot.
Pity they shot the guy in a suit parts in such a way that it looked like a completely different alien.

Love the design though, better than any in Aliens IMO.

Happy to see that everybody agree on alien 3 being the best Alien movie ever.
Nah its an observation of the ultimate truth.
Damn straight :rock it's unanimous!

Just really dodgy compositing. The only CGI in the film is when it's head starts to crack and for some of the shadows cast by the puppet.

I could be wrong but I seem to remember the cracks were also chemical special effects.

Agreed.
I CAN understand dissing resurection as it really add nothing, feel cheap (good the queen and tiny sets) trying hard to be a worthy mashup of the originals but Alien 3 even with its flaws is up there with the two first.
I guess thats the difference between cinephile and fanboys.
Alien 3 IS a good movie.

Wow.. I did not know acting like a 5 year old girl (loud, immature, rude, and full of profanity+(emoticons x 100) could persuade people to think that.

I learn new things everyday.. Time to abandon this thread.

So next time I voice my opinion I should just insult them rather than to discuss the topic in a reasonable matter.

5 year old girl? I was at least acting 8, you jerk! :monkey2

Next time you can also try to ignore counter arguments and pose the exact same feeble skewed points over and over, that also wor... Oh wait nope, you did that already, my bad. :lol :wave

5 year old girl? I was at least acting 8, you jerk! :monkey2

Next time you can also try to ignore counter arguments and pose the exact same feeble skewed points over and over, that also wor... Oh wait nope, you did that already, my bad. :lol :wave

LoL. Why would I waste my time talking to a rock?

If anyone else wants to discuss the topic other than you I would be happy to do so.

Back