Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that why you weren't around for a while?

Nah, I realized I was up to 45 posts a day. I mean, seriously, that's pathetic. :lol I'm now down to about 42, so it's all cool. ;)

I was gonna go premium but I don't think I'll be doing that now, thanks to this second infraction. Every now and then, this place really sticks in my craw. I can't, in good conscience, support it with my mo-nay. At least not for the moment.

Nah, I realized I was up to 45 posts a day. I mean, seriously, that's pathetic. :lol I'm now down to about 42, so it's cool.

I was gonna go premium but I don't think I'll be doing that now, thanks to this second infraction. Every now and then, this place really sticks in my craw. I can't, in good conscience, support it with my mo-nay. At least not for the moment.

That must be some kind of record :lol And I here thought I was going somewhere with my 5 post a day :lol

Nah, I realized I was up to 45 posts a day. I mean, seriously, that's pathetic. :lol I'm now down to about 42, so it's cool.

w3azaoO.gif

I have 4 a day... and I used to think thats too much :slap

Yankee... thats enough...

Intervention-With-The-How-I-Met-Your-Mother-Gang.gif

:lol

Only 4 Morgan? You think you're so cool? With your "life" out there in the "real world" and not having "time" to post more? Huh?

I'm on 11 :lol

Only 4 Morgan? You think you're so cool? With your "life" out there in the "real world" and not having "time" to post more? Huh?

I'm on 11 :lol

OH YES

JT6F3yV.gif

:lol

Let's not forget, Henry posts under different aliases at OSW, OSR, Rebelscum, TheForce.net, KojimaIsALivingGod and BackstreetBoyFan4Life. So it's more like 20. ;)

Nick-Carter-nick-carter-30425232-280-210.gif

I actually know how you feel. I've been fed up with various boardies and situations here myself at certain points, but they come and go.

Agreed. :duff

As much as many of you would like to see me implode, in full color and in stereo, tonight will not be that night! :lol Let's get back to Blomkamp's Alien, shall we?

I do wish they would refer to it more as an 'alternate' Alien 3 than a ''proper ending''.

What's weird was her carrying on about having a proper ending rather than her just "floating around in space." Umm, Alien 3 didn't end with her floating in space, nor did A:Res. Has she already convinced herself that those movies never existed? :lol

Didn't Sigourney want Ripley to die in Alien 3? She got her wish. Why suddenly is that not a proper ending?

Well technically A:Res negated Alien 3 being the "ending" because it went ahead and continued her story. So she had an ending of sorts, and then A:Res undid it, and now she's back to wanting a "proper" ending again.

Love to see Ripley back in an Alien movie.
Use whatever contrivance required. But don't break the reality of the series and do a Dallas on us.
It's really stupid in my opinion.

Didn't Bobby Ewing die two series ago? No it was all a dream and there he is in the shower.
Laughable stuff.

I also don't have the level of admiration that a lot of people seem to have for Blomkamp.
District9 was good, but based on something he had been working and thinking about for his entire life.
Nothing else he has done since has impressed me. Not saying he won't do a good job with this, but it's by no means solid gold.

I think Blomkamp has a great creative mind, and has strengths in the direction department. He's good at conceptualizing and producing films that existing within an interesting and novel "universe," and is able to pull pretty good performances out of people, particularly Copley, who I hope will end up in this movie in some role :D

But I'm not so sure I would want him writing the story, or at least, being the only major creative voice involved in writing the story. To start, I think he needs to drop the themes of class conflict, and that means stepping outside of his comfort zone in the narrative department. An Alien film shouldn't be yet another allegory for poor (Aliens) vs. the rich (the Weyland Yutani Corporation).

They should just put a disclaimer at the beginning, and say, Alien 3 and Alien Whateverthehellcameafter never happened. That's it. Move on and enjoy the 'real' sequel

Assuming it doesn't suck

I do wish they would refer to it more as an 'alternate' Alien 3 than a ''proper ending''.

Didn't Sigourney want Ripley to die in Alien 3? She got her wish. Why suddenly is that not a proper ending? Because its not a happy ending? If so, what happy ending can this new movie give Ripley that Aliens didn't? Seems to me all they can do is maybe bring Hicks ''back to life'' only to kill him again. Or maybe an adult Newt will die. That will be a less happy ending for Ripley than Aliens was. I want to see this new movie, I'm just a tad confused as to some of the things implied about Alien 3.
Yeah, I wonder what her thought process is behind that too.

People say things.. :huh :lol

The only "proper" ending Ripley can have is bringing down Weyland Yutani. They are the only protagonist that went unpunished. Ripley has already had her "unhappy" ending in Alien3, no one wants to see a "happy" ending, do they? I certainly don't.

Maybe they will ignore the Special Edition of Aliens as well and her daughter will still be around. Can't say that I'm really too enthused by all this.

Well, you don't have to acknowledge the film if you don't like what they're doing with it. Just like I don't acknowledge Resurrection or the aVp films. They certainly invite that perspective if the filmmakers disregard an existing film that has been treated as canon to this point. But considering that we haven't had a good Alien film in 20-30 years, I'm personally interested to see what he does with it. Could help to alleviate the bad taste that Prometheus left in my mouth, if nothing else.

Back