Neil Marshall's R-Rated HELLBOY reboot starring David Harbour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this interpretation looks fantastic. They didn't over-do it. People would be complaining to no end if they changed the look completely from Perlman.

I'm guessing this iteration will be a nice blend of fun but more serious tone. I'm ready for the collectibles and to see what the hell they draw up to go against this version.

He needs more basketball texture :lecture

Amazing-Spider-Man-Costume-Mask-Logo.jpeg

But Daniel Dae Kim is Korean, and Daimyo is half Japanese. :monkey3

(In case sarcasm meters are broken, that was a sarcastic/facetious post)

But Daniel Dae Kim is Korean, and Daimyo is half Japanese. :monkey3

(In case sarcasm meters are broken, that was a sarcastic/facetious post)

It addresses the "whitewashing" controversy but it could still be construed as racist, if one is concerned about these things when it comes to casting fictional characters. I'm sure there are bloggers who will say it's worse since there's a whiff of "they all look the same" to it. But then isn't it also racist that using a white actor is "whitewashing" while changing a white character to any other ethnicity is "cultural diversity?" <- strictly talking about the twitterverse perception, not average person logic.

Personally I don't care. I'm glad Hellboy is red.

For what it's worth, I'm Asian. And like you said, I don't care. And I don't think Daniel Dae Kim cares either. He's happy to have a job.

It's the same as German playin' "American" or Czech playin' Russian.
No one should give a ****.

Was there a controversy w/ H50? I didn't follow it.

My wife got meet him when he did The King & I at Lincoln Center. I'm not jealous, though. :mad:

He and actress Grace Park quit the show after they found out that they were being paid less than the other actors. Of course, it's easy for me to say I'm glad he (and Park) made a stand, because I wasn't out a paycheck, but sometimes you do things for those that come after you.

I'm glad Daniel Dae Kim is in. He's very good and I hope he gets to be a badass.

Yeah, he is. Looking forward to this movie.

He and actress Grace Park quit the show after they found out that they were being paid less than the other actors. Of course, it's easy for me to say I'm glad he (and Park) made a stand, because I wasn't out a paycheck, but sometimes you do things for those that come after you.

Wow, that's balls. I like him even better.

He and Grace Park found out that they were being paid less than the Lead Actors and demanded to be paid the same.

I've only seen bits and pieces of the new show because I have a friend that watches it so I'm not sure if they deserve equal pay if Hawaii 5-0 is more of an ensemble cast to the lead actors.

Yeah, in all honesty, I don't/didn't watch the show, so like you, I can't comment on the situation. I can only comment on what I've read, and the articles I've read point to the situation I posted about.

But as with anything, there's two sides to every situation. Lead actors are arguably going to be paid more, so I understand that. I guess it depends on how much less they were paid, and if their roles were almost as big as Scott Caan and the other dude (he may be a lead actor, but I dn't even know who he is or what else he's been in).

Eh, I never put much stock in these "paid less" scandals. Robin Wright was complaining that she was being paid less than Kevin Spacey in HoC. Well,yeah. He's Kevin ****ing Spacey, and you're Robin Wright. He's the reason people are still watching that ****. And lo and behold, as soon as she became a producer & director she gave us such great plots and scenes as "don't cheat on my wife again" and "my turn".

I understand KevinSpacey. But those Hawaii Five O guys ain't no Kevin Spaceys. :lol

But yeah, who knows. The fact that it was two actors makes me think there's something there, and networks will react differently once it hits social media. But it looks like it ened on a mutual "oh well."

Anyway - is Abe gonna be in this thing?

I understand KevinSpacey. But those Hawaii Five O guys ain't no Kevin Spaceys. :lol

Yeah, that's true. I've seen bits and pieces of H5-O, and it's... not great.

But yeah, who knows. The fact that it was two actors makes me think there's something there, and networks will react differently once it hits social media. But it looks like it ened on a mutual "oh well."

The storm came and went. Tumblr wasn't watching the show, so nobody made a big fuss about it. It died in a day or two.

Hope so...Abe is an essential part of the Hellboy mythos.

I want Nazi Gorrilas and Grannies ****ing Goats.

Back