NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He Sean, what's the articulation on the regular Alien Warrior? I imagine we'll get something similar with the 18" Alien version.

Since I've been a figure collector I've wait for a 18'' of this figure.When I started collecting years ago, I bought the 18'' alien by Kenner out of nostalgia.But this thing will :rock

And Shai, if you decide you don't want that Kenner Alien anymore, just let me know :monkey5

He Sean, what's the articulation on the regular Alien Warrior? I imagine we'll get something similar with the 18" Alien version.

Ball jointed neck, that hides quite well I might add
Swivel shoulders
Hinged elbows
Swivel wrists
Ball jointed midsection
Ball jointed hips
Hinged knees
Hinged feet
Wire bendable tail

Only downfall with that figure IMO was the knees, they were pretty weak and got loose over time on mine thus it wouldnt stand for long periods of time

Myers is the only articulated NECA 18" I have, Hannibal is just a soild piece, but I find the overall construction sturdier than the 8" version, I imagine the same would hold for the Alien.

I know sometimes on the larger pieces they're remove articulation if it weakens the figure. I could see the knees being one that would be iffy... but most times its just a straight translation from one size to the next.

The knees looked jointed in the photo to me, looks like you can see where the anatomy detail gets broken up because the knees are flexed.

One good thing about NECA's 18" figures is they're quite light, you really almost are shocked when you pick one up and feel how light it is for it's size.

Ya, the comic shop I go to loves markup sometimes ($12 for a 3 3/4" Hasbro I can get at Toys R Us for $7), plus I just rounded to $50 cuz it's easy, but definitely nowhere close to $100. However, it's less articulated than Hot Toys, and like I said, they're light, hollow plastic so even the ammount of material to them is minimal. I hope they don't cheese it up with a sound chip though, all their 18" stuff in the past has had it I believe, even Myers, it plays the Halloween theme instead of dialogue, but that's just not appropriate for such a nice ALIEN collectible.

What, the alien is already up for pre-order?
Wow.

And yes, it has articulated hips, knees, ankles, wrists, elbows, torso and neck. And the mouth as well. It was being debated wether it should get cut joints on thighs and biceps.

I don't know of any plans to do Dutch and his team, but it was mentioned on an interview that the P1 pred was a question of economics, i.e. if it is too expensive to produce it will not see the light of day. Our best shot is for the AvP-R figures and the Nostromo alien to do very well in sales...

If they had a 1/6th scale version of comparable quality to this, I would probably buy a bunch of them to display with my Aliens figures.

I imagine they will, unless because of Hot Toys they're not allowed to produce 12" figures. With Pirates of the Caribbean, they did Jack Sparrow in 7", 12" and 18" scale for At World's End. I think if they feel there's a market, they'll go after it.

Corner store comics has it listed at 35 dollars on pre order, very cheap for an 18 inch figure man FARK, i will be getting this

To me, NECA offers some of the highest quality low-budget products you can get, I prefer them to McFarlane.

I imagine they will, unless because of Hot Toys they're not allowed to produce 12" figures. With Pirates of the Caribbean, they did Jack Sparrow in 7", 12" and 18" scale for At World's End. I think if they feel there's a market, they'll go after it.

Dude, I hope you're right!

What, the alien is already up for pre-order?
Wow.

And yes, it has articulated hips, knees, ankles, wrists, elbows, torso and neck. And the mouth as well. It was being debated wether it should get cut joints on thighs and biceps.

I don't know of any plans to do Dutch and his team, but it was mentioned on an interview that the P1 pred was a question of economics, i.e. if it is too expensive to produce it will not see the light of day. Our best shot is for the AvP-R figures and the Nostromo alien to do very well in sales...

Sorry novice dude here. For the NECA ALIEN fig to be more articulate, would it not be great to have the arms (biceps) & legs swivel? I don't want to compare it to HT but the arms swivel @ the elbow joint for the alien warriors . I'm just curious to know...Thanks. :D

Back