NECA Ultimate Leatherface

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the book, but I hope that answers your questions. I've not seen anyone address the differences before.

I really appreciate your detailed and complete answer. With the exception of excessive weathering (easily removable though), the rest of the figure seems to be an improvement over the original. I'm glad I had the chance to finally add him to my collection.

What color/brand of paint did you use to repaint the saw?

Looks amazing!

I used Anita's all purpose acrylic - Lime. I took the saw apart first. Then, I sanded down the back handle so there would be less chance of paint rub. I put a coat of black (same brand) over the parts. Then I painted the green (which took several coats). I added the black and silver details and a wash mixture of black and brown to weather it. Also added some silver to some of the edges to simulate paint wear. On the grip handle and some of the surface I added a coat of gloss varnish to protect the paint.

I used Anita's all purpose acrylic - Lime. I took the saw apart first. Then, I sanded down the back handle so there would be less chance of paint rub. I put a coat of black (same brand) over the parts. Then I painted the green (which took several coats). I added the black and silver details and a wash mixture of black and brown to weather it. Also added some silver to some of the edges to simulate paint wear. On the grip handle and some of the surface I added a coat of gloss varnish to protect the paint.

Thanks for the detailed response!

Back