NECA Ultimate Leatherface

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
these photos are crazy good

Thanks. Right now I'm working on a new backdrop for this figure, I want the wall to be more movie accurate. Also making a table for him and a new "hook frame". Plus I'm repainting his chainsaw blade. The blood never looked right to me and the metal was too dark imo.

Great pictures!! Leatherface always creeped me out when he dressed like a woman, for some reason that always bothered me and made him even more scary lol.

With all the bootleg China leatherface figures on ebay, I wouldn't be surprised if NECA re released it. They reissue the ED209, even though they said that it was a one time only release.

That's a great figure. I'd like to get 2 more to go with the first one I opened. One to display in the box and one for the alternate head to display loose. Really, this may be one of my favorite figures.

That's a great figure. I'd like to get 2 more to go with the first one I opened. One to display in the box and one for the alternate head to display loose. Really, this may be one of my favorite figures.

He's one of Neca's best horror figures imo. I just picked up an extra one last week. I plan to display the spare one with the alternate head and a custom alternate apron that I need to make.

Meat Locker by scarrviper, on Flickr

He's one of Neca's best horror figures imo. I just picked up an extra one last week. I plan to display the spare one with the alternate head and a custom alternate apron that I need to make.

Can please tell me if there's any noticeable difference between the first edition head and this one? I checked at least 5 of them and they all looked green-ish. It's that and the weathering being a little overdone. The apron looks nicer I think, so all in all I'm happy.

Can please tell me if there's any noticeable difference between the first edition head and this one? I checked at least 5 of them and they all looked green-ish. It's that and the weathering being a little overdone. The apron looks nicer I think, so all in all I'm happy.

The first edition and the rerelease are very different all over.

My first edition I did repaint both heads long ago, but I can tell you that the heads have been given updated paintjobs. My original had a mask with a more glossy or satin finish, while the new one is very flat. The masks on the older one were also more yellowish while the new one is more tan or khaki in color. The weathering is also much more subtle on the new masks. The main head seems to have the same hair color as before, while the alternate old lady head's hair has improved with a more muted color. The main head on the new one also has the lips painted a more subtle shade of pink compared to the old one, which had very bright lips.

As for the rest of the figure, the first edition has subtle dirt and blood on the forearms and hands, while the reissue is applied darker and heavier with a wash. This dirt wash is also present on the flesh portions of the heads, this was not present on the first edition. Speaking of the fleshtone, it is slightly different between the two releases. The first edition is paler. The tie on the old one is glossy, while the new one is flat. The shirts are very similar, but I think they were weathered differently. The old one had flesh plastic used for the shoulder joints, so when you raised his arms you saw flesh at his armpits, now that's been fixed, the new one uses off-white plastic that matches the shirt. The pants might be a shade darker on the new one, but it's hard to tell. The weathering at the bottom of the pant legs seems to be blended in better on the new release.

The apron is very different between the two. The new one has much smaller hems and seems to be tailored better. The blood pattern is also different. The accessories are all painted slightly different when compared to the first edition. The saw is dirtier and bloodier, the blade is shinier. The rest are slightly different, but nothing too noteworthy.

It took me 3 attempts to find at retail the rerelease with a paintjob that satisfied me. The blood on the aprons varies a lot from figure to figure. As does the shirt, some I saw with sleeves that didn't match the torso. The dirt on the arms varies too, some were way overdone. It can be removed with a little rubbing alcohol if necessary. The heads vary a bit as well, I didn't pay as much attention to them when picking mine out since I was planning on using the heads I already had. Since the skin tones don't exactly match, I'm going to repaint the new main head's mask and hair to be how I want it.

Sorry for the book, but I hope that answers your questions. I've not seen anyone address the differences before.

Back