NECA ROCKY & Apollo Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wondering about these too, very odd. Glad I kept the old ones.

I was looking forward to the Apollo from Rocky IV, I still think it's delayed for whatever reason. Rocky is a good seller for Neca, never understood why they never made figures for Rocky II.

If the line was canceled it was probably because of the dumb business decision to re-releases the old figures and not make new ones so the collectors who stood by the line loyally from the beginning would be rewarded. Series 1 re-releases I bet didn't sell good and the decision to start the re-releases off with Rocky III instead of Rocky 1976 also didn't help sales.

Nothing is cancelled yet.They are probably just delayed again because of the license.

Letting you guys know that this morning I checked Neca's shipping calendar and the Rocky 40th Series 2 is back on the calendar to hit stores May 8th so expect them to hit eBay very soon within a week! Yes!!!!

Letting you guys know that this morning I checked Neca's shipping calendar and the Rocky 40th Series 2 is back on the calendar to hit stores May 8th so expect them to hit eBay very soon within a week! Yes!!!!

I saw that, so awesome! I PO'd the whole set from Bigbadtoystore, I need them all!

Figures up on Neca's eBay. I got to say the Rocky and Yellow Trunk Drago look terrible. That really is sad but Apollo and Red Trunk Drago looks great. Will only get Apollo and Red Trunk Drago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

They look fine but the Rocky 3 series 1 wave just looked better Apollo looks the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Rocky himself looks like all they did was take the previous two figures, pack the BD head as a swap out and include the flag from the video game figure so you essentially get 3 figures worth of parts in one.

Yeah they all are the same sculpts. The only "new" figure out of both series is Apollo.

Looks fine. If anything, it's Rocky's hip on Rocky 3 and 4 that always bothered me. Looks just weirdly proportioned. Same with the first releases.

Apollo looks nice, Rocky looks awful.

C_BW2xJV0AAZZEr

Rockys eyes look really bad, they looked the same on a lot of the older figures too. My ToysRus doesn't have these yet.

I finally have all four of the new series. No complaints really. The paint is great on all four figures, which is unusual with my experience with NECA. Maybe I just got lucky lol. Apollo is definitely the stand out, they did a fantastic job on his sculpts and costume. The top hat fits excellent as well. My only real nit pick would be that one of my Dragos has a super lose ankle joint, I'm having difficulties getting him to stand.

I only picked up the Apollo because I have the earlier releases, fantastic figure, am not getting the Rocky from this series because I have the video game version and the head sculpt and paint is awful on this release.

It's to bad that with all the 1/4 figures Neca has been doing recently that they don't do a few Rocky's in 1/4, that would be awesome.

Back