NECA: Prometheus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@moe: Randy falk (head of product development at neca) stated that series 1 had so so sales as well. Im really hoping series 2 does well.

My local TRUs sell out of the series 1 and 2, although series 1 was easy to find for awhile, they are all gone now. What surprises me is all the figures based on video games. Im not against them, and if people want them, I hope they make what they want. But most all are peg warmers. All movie figures whether it be horror, Rocky, etc. all seem to sell very well around here and many become tough to find. Really have to get lucky to find a Jason and I'm sure the Deacon will be a tough find too. I think this series will outsell series 1.

Fingers crossed.

My local TRUs sell out of the series 1 and 2, although series 1 was easy to find for awhile, they are all gone now. What surprises me is all the figures based on video games. Im not against them, and if people want them, I hope they make what they want. But most all are peg warmers. All movie figures whether it be horror, Rocky, etc. all seem to sell very well around here and many become tough to find. Really have to get lucky to find a Jason and I'm sure the Deacon will be a tough find too. I think this series will outsell series 1.

Fingers crossed.

yeah I don't like any of the game figures and they seem to stay the longest.

@moe: my local TRU sold out of series 1 as well. Be that as it may, apparently, the engineers didnt sell the way neca wanted them to (info came straight from neca). seems strange to me as well. I, too, do not purchase any of the video game figures. Dont like them at all. I pretty much just purchase sci-fi and some horror figures. I think you are right...we will hopefully see series 2 be the best selling series of the prometheus line thus far. Its just gotta be!
Why someone wouldnt want these things, ill never know.

TRU dont sell NECA figures here in the UK. It sucks! April cant come quick enough!! :(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

TRU dont sell NECA figures here in the UK. It sucks! April cant come quick enough!! :(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

It's becoming hard to track down NECA stuff now, a lot of retailers aren't selling them, Play.com is moving away from selling and becoming a marketplace hub and Forbidden Planet is charging a lot for them.

Hoping to pick up series 2 and hopefully we get a third series even if its the last.

Yeah, they are really awesome figs. I haven't been able to make it down to my TRU in weeks, so I ordered online.

well my TRU finally marked down series 1 and the 2 pack... I got some extras. The pegs are starting to empty but they had plenty of series 2.

Finally got my series 1, and I'm very impressed.
These figures are beautiful!

Fantastic sculpts and the paint apps work very well. I know I will probably give the Engineer a wash with black and browns to bring out the detail a bit more, but for now, I'm very happy!

Congrats to NECA and Tankman.

I tried putting together a large base for these figures but ran out of materials. Doh! :eek:

Through together this base though! Will be cast in resin with a light up feature.

Just got my first two figures and they are awesome:
421DDE0E-834C-478F-8C28-4429A3AF15C6-7083-0000027280B1A988.jpg

I noticed the space helmet head is easily removable.
The engineer head is a bit more stuck.

Did anyone remove it to see if they can be swapped?

hmmm I hope it comes with Shaw!

and is the flat stand holding the hammerpede up?? That's cheating!

Last edited:
Back