NECA: Prometheus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
public service announcement: Although TRU does not currently have prometheus series 2 figures listed on their website, i was able to find them at my local brick and mortar TRU this afternoon (metro atlanta). Series 2 is starting to show up...slowly, but surely.

btw...TRU must have just put the figs on the shelf. They had mispriced the figures at 12.99 each (TRU sells series 2 for 15.99 each)! Needless to say, I jumped for joy and purchased 3 of each. They immediately took down the tag after they were forced to sell them to me at the declared price. Nice haul!

As i stated before, I couldnt be happier with david and the deacon! As much as i loved series 1, i think series 2 is even better! I am super impressed with this series! cant wait for Shaw (hope S2 sells well enough to bring S3 to fruition...it certainly should).
happy hunting.

edit: @moe, oops...just saw your post. It was just series 2 that was mispriced at 12.99. it was a total mistake. the lady at checkout knew it was a mistake and begrudgingly sold them to me at that price and promptly changed the sign. they rang up as 15.99 but the tag was 12.99. we got lucky. Strange that this happened at two TRU locations. May i ask where you purchased your figures? which TRU?

thats toy r us's fault the ones here dont have price tags on the package of the figure so if the tag say "12.99" and rings up at "15.99" the figure is still "15.99" doesnt take much to switch the pricetag on the display rack, all stores should just go buy ring up prices.

public service announcement: Although TRU does not currently have prometheus series 2 figures listed on their website, i was able to find them at my local brick and mortar TRU this afternoon (metro atlanta). Series 2 is starting to show up...slowly, but surely.

btw...TRU must have just put the figs on the shelf. They had mispriced the figures at 12.99 each (TRU sells series 2 for 15.99 each)! Needless to say, I jumped for joy and purchased 3 of each. They immediately took down the tag after they were forced to sell them to me at the declared price. Nice haul!

As i stated before, I couldnt be happier with david and the deacon! As much as i loved series 1, i think series 2 is even better! I am super impressed with this series! cant wait for Shaw (hope S2 sells well enough to bring S3 to fruition...it certainly should).
happy hunting.

edit: @moe, oops...just saw your post. It was just series 2 that was mispriced at 12.99. it was a total mistake. the lady at checkout knew it was a mistake and begrudgingly sold them to me at that price and promptly changed the sign. they rang up as 15.99 but the tag was 12.99. we got lucky. Strange that this happened at two TRU locations. May i ask where you purchased your figures? which TRU?
Series 1 is on sale for $12.99. They must have put them in the series 1 spot.

@jay: nah. the 12.99 tag on the rack was for prometheus series 2 (stated so on the rack tag). my TRU is sold out of series 1. they dont even have a space for it. After reading some of the posts, it sounds like someone at my TRU got confused. They got S2 figures in, saw where S1 went down to 12.99, were out of S1 figures, accidentally set S2 up as S1. And thats why the price at check out rang up at 15.99 (correct price). They still gave me the advertised price (12.99 posted on the tag). Strange, but awesome haul. At first i was concerned that the series was tanking..."damn! they've already started discounting S2?!" lol. nope; just a lucky mistake.

@moe: funny that we both got S2 for 12.99 (for different reasons). Awesome that you picked up all 4 figures. I love this line of figures. Really quality stuff, imo.

Seems the UK have to wait until April to get S2 :( its gonna be a long wait.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I customised my Jockey figure tonight. Gave it more if a brown colouring. Added rotting flesh on it too to add detail. Also made a custom decapitated Jockey head:

Let me know what you think :D

@bugz: i love your custom "chair suit" jockey! Looks spectacular! Im really into customizing my figs (ive done several pressure suit engineers...rather pleased with them). Could you tell me a little bit about the process you used on the above-pictured jockey? Again, great work!

I wanna EAT IT

q1nTjWV.gif

@bugz: i love your custom "chair suit" jockey! Looks spectacular! Im really into customizing my figs (ive done several pressure suit engineers...rather pleased with them). Could you tell me a little bit about the process you used on the above-pictured jockey? Again, great work!

Thanks man!! :D kind words!

The jockey head is a resin cast from the NECA head. I used dark brown acrylics then added lighter tones. Then coated the head in latex. Dried it off then gently rubbed the latex. Real easy!! ;)

Bri

I customised my Jockey figure tonight. Gave it more if a brown colouring. Added rotting flesh on it too to add detail. Also made a custom decapitated Jockey head:

Let me know what you think :D

Wow so cool!
Great work mate!

Heads up, friends!
Prometheus figures on sale at Toys R Us.com for only $12.99! Spend $79 and you also qualify for free S&H!

I have been reading a lot about how if series 2 does not sell well, Series 3 will be cancelled. I think the Toys R Us exclusive Trilobite vs Engineer 2 pack may be a big reason for this. Both my local TRU are selling these for $19.99 as they have a ton of them. It was a good idea, but a bad product. The trilobite is just too big and looks awful on top of the engineer. I really want Infected Fifield and Vickers! Hope they at least make these before ending the line.

Ah seen this. Amazing custom indeed! I bought the led lighting to customise mine as soon as I get my David!!!! eeekk!!:D

@moe: you heard correctly regarding the delicate future of neca's incredible prometheus line. Maybe im in the minority, but i think this is definitely one of the top 3 lines neca has been involved with in the last couple of years. Unfortunately, its not just the engineer/trilobite 2pack that hasnt flown off the shelves. Randy falk (head of product development at neca) stated that series 1 had so so sales as well. Im really hoping series 2 does well. I think david and the deacon are the best figures in the line thus far. As far as vickers is concerned...i wouldnt count on her making it to shelves. I certainly hope she does, but she's one of the last figs on the list. The next series (series 3), should it come out, will be comprised of Dr. Shaw and infected Fifield. Both of the aforementioned figures look great! I really want both of them (particularly Shaw). At this point im just praying that the line gets to series 3. Ive purchased quite a few duplicates from series 2 (i like modding my figures, displaying several figs in different poses, and keeping one of each in the package). Cross your fingers and buy as many figures from the prometheus line as you think you might want if you hope to see series 3 (and beyond) come to fruition. FYI...After shaw and fifield, Neca has 4 more figures prepared for the line (holloway, vickers, and both pressure suit and chair suit engineer in hologram form).

@lord freezer: thanks so much for posting the video of your david mod. Looks great! ill be doing this to one of my davids!

@freezer: gotcha. Either way, thanks for posting the vid. Very cool little mod. :wink1:

@mroiman: Series 2 wasnt on TRU.com as of this morning and i think there are still many TRU locations that have yet to get series 2 in stock. Having said that, series 2 has definitely started showing up at select TRU locations. My local TRU (atlanta Ga), for example, just put series 2 on the shelves late last week (i picked up a bunch of them). I would guess that many more stores will start getting S2 in and shelving the figs this coming week. S2 is awesome! im in plastic prometheus heaven! :pigfly:

I have been reading a lot about how if series 2 does not sell well, Series 3 will be cancelled. I think the Toys R Us exclusive Trilobite vs Engineer 2 pack may be a big reason for this. Both my local TRU are selling these for $19.99 as they have a ton of them. It was a good idea, but a bad product. The trilobite is just too big and looks awful on top of the engineer. I really want Infected Fifield and Vickers! Hope they at least make these before ending the line.

this is correct. The Trilobite was a good idea on paper, and it looked cool in the movie,

but displayed with your other toys it looks awkward. And you really cannot display it by itself without the engineer underneath or it looks awkward.

Back