NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched Predators again for the second time a week or so ago. Brody is doing a Batman voice and the only character I thought was remotely interesting was Nicholai. The rest were forgettable garbage.

The whole team sucked, and Brody was miscast in that leading role. He just doesn't have the look or presence to play the Arnold role. He'd be a good in a Poncho or Hawkins style role, but not leader of the team. New film has a crappy cast/team too.

The whole team sucked, and Brody was miscast in that leading role.

This is redundant. I didn't say anyone was good. I don't even remember the majority of the characters names.

I don't even like Predator 2 that much but can remember most of the cast.

No idea who anyone's names are in the AVP films.

What sets P1 cast above the rest is the sense of camaraderie. All of them are portrayed equally. Even Arnold said that in the making of. That's why no one is forgettable.

Fatburne was certainly underutilized.

It's a good thing. His character stated that he's been stuck on that planet for about 10 seasons. Yet his hair was well groomed along with his perfectly shaved face. Morpheus looked way too clean and well nourished for someone stuck on an alien planet for that long.

I've always been really partial to Mac. I always thought he was the heart and soul of the film.

Amen.

OJ0f9J9.gif

I liked Predators characters, but I dont take this stuff nearly as seriously as some of the guys posting here lol

They cant really be compared to Predators team at all. Predators team was a special forces unit sent in to the action. Predators was completely different and unrelated killers selected and kidnapped by the super preds to hunt. Completely different ball game.

It's a good thing. His character stated that he's been stuck on that planet for about 10 seasons. Yet his hair was well groomed along with his perfectly shaved face. Morpheus looked way too clean and well nourished for someone stuck on an alien planet for that long.

2000s Hullywuud isn't known for their consistency. Look at all the cops in the sewers in TDKR and come out looking clean shaven with the same length hair.

Of all the character deaths, his hurts the most. I also think he gave the best performance of the film. Even as a teen seeing the film I gravitated toward him.

Him erupting here feels so genuine.

Even in rewatchs you have a slither of hope he's going to get the drop on Anytime. If NECA does do the whole team, I think I'd probably cherish him the most. You'd need to get a 1/12 box for him to lean on.

macdill.jpg

Better come with a scorpion on a knife :lecture

Absolutely. His every moment, from chopper to scorpion to gatling to razor-cut to "I'ma get me some" to head explosion, is utterly memorable.

Easiliy best character in the film, IMO. Distant second is Billy. Third? Billy's laughter.

I'd say he's the best character, too. Dutch would be two and Billy and Dillon third, but for very different reasons.

I really dug Billy's superstitious fear during the second act.

I liked Predators characters, but I dont take this stuff nearly as seriously as some of the guys posting here lol

They cant really be compared to Predators team at all. Predators team was a special forces unit sent in to the action. Predators was completely different and unrelated killers selected and kidnapped by the super preds to hunt. Completely different ball game.
Some are a little too hard on the film, but it does have its issues. I still can’t believe just how damn ugly those Predators are. Terrible, terrible designs. Wish they never took off the mask. :lol

And the doctor... Jesus, Topher was bad in that role, in my opinion. The two minor characters I actually had any interest in died within minutes of their introduction. Why would you put Danny Trejo in your film and at least not get some mileage out of him? Same with Fishburne.

I definitely agree on topher. I get why they used him, the idea was to “surprise” us that this doofus is actually a killer... but yeah he’s just not very good in the role.

hahaha Tofu grace!

I will get him one way or another...probably two actually just in case it'd have a crap paintjob or something. Never did buy Colonel Cameron for the Aliens line though. Can anyone link me to a good seller of genuine NECA figures on ebay who has Colonel Cameron for sale?

Their human figures have been hit or miss lately, concerning the paint job. Or at least, I sure haven’t been lucky.

The Dutch figures I bought at the end of last year were kinda meh, in some respects. The Extraction Dutch had his eyebrows painted slightly above the sculpt and the Disguise Dutch doesn’t have the blending effect around the eyes, mouth or inside the ears. It’s just one solid paint scheme.

I'm going to try for Hawkins. I'd like to see them do some kinda Ultimate Dutch in the future. I don't know what that would be, but something with better paint apps. I haven't really be impressed with anything but muddy Dutch.

The original releases of Dutch all had superior paintjobs to the 30th anniversary reissues. Sounds like DarthBakura got the same issues with the new ones that I did. Eyebrows painted too high, kinda ruins the look.

Snake, I recommend the original release of the Extraction Dutch, the one with the beige shirt and the cigar in his mouth. Mine has the one-eye squint and it looks badass but maybe I got really lucky with the paint. That figure would go best with the particular Hawkins they're making.

Back