NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dutch is Arnold's best role.

Nah, Terminator is his best role/roles, both as a hero and as a villain. Who's done that with the same character? As a villain, he was scary and believable, then as the hero, he was badass, funny, and subtle by the end of the film.

His acting in Predator is underrated, but it's not a better role or character.

I think it is, his Terminators are good but he was typecast for his looks and his thick accent to represent a robot.

In Predator he played an actual character, he did it with sensitivity, he conveyed all the nuances and complexities a character like Dutch should have to be believable, dialog was delivered perfectly and his body language was measured, precise and still completely natural, as if he really was an elite paramilitary leader with years of experience, he conveyed cunning, confidence and resourcefulness without coming across as his usual caricature-esque meat head action hero.

Terminator is good, but in the end, he played a robot.

In Predator he played an actual character, he did it with sensitivity, he conveyed all the nuances and complexities a character like Dutch should have to be believable, dialog was delivered perfectly and his body language was measured, precise and still completely natural, as if he really was an elite paramilitary leader with years of experience, he conveyed cunning, confidence and resourcefulness

Terminator is good, but in the end, he played a robot.

He did all that while still playing a machine in T2. That's more challenging. He basically played Pinocchio. Regardless, defining what makes a role "better" might be impossible. Is it the quality of the acting? Then in that case his acting in Magie or whatever that film was might be his "best" role. But to me, it's everything, the acting, the film, the role he plays in the story, and ultimately how relevant the role is outside of the film. Terminator are his definitive roles, both as hero and villain, so that puts it above any other role, imo.

He did all that while still playing a machine in T2. That's more challenging. He basically played Pinocchio. Regardless, defining what makes a role "better" might be impossible. Is it the quality of the acting? Then in that case his acting in Magie or whatever that film was might be his "best" role. But to me, it's everything, the acting, the film, the role he plays in the story, and ultimately how relevant the role is outside of the film. Terminator are his definitive roles, both as hero and villain, so that puts it above over any other role, imo.
I just think the difficulty of playing a robot is less than that of playing Dutch, I mean, he actually strove to act stiff.

For me it's Dutch tho, taking into consideration all those points you mention, plus I'm really into pulpy stuff and Dutch is the probably definitive pulp macho hero, I can only imagine a Predator novella written by Robert E Howard :drool:

I just think the difficulty of playing a robot is less than that of playing Dutch, I mean, he actually strove to act stiff.

For me it's Dutch tho, taking into consideration all those points you mention, plus I'm really into pulpy stuff and Dutch is the probably definitive pulp macho hero, I can only imagine a Predator novella written by Robert E Howard :drool:

The one advantage I give Dutch over T800 is the fact he was in one film, so there's no T3, Salvation, Genesis to corrupt the role.

I do wonder what became of Dutch after losing his team. He looked broken at the end of the film.

bw8J4xW.jpg
8lraUHo.jpg
R8B6LbT.jpg

That does not look like this guy. Ironically, the film opens with him in a choppa and it ends in a choppa. :lol

qYKmf8N.jpg

Still, I'm glad we never saw him again.

Yup, that cancelled ending in Predators would have really ruined the character.

I picture Dutch going the Solid Snake route, seclude himself in a remote place with a hobby.

As a person who has T1/T2 in my top 10 sci-fi/action movie list it’s not even close Dutch was so much more organic and natural of a character than Terminator.

Want me to prove it to you.

Whenever Terminator is discussed Arnold the actor is always brought up but when Predator is discussed it is Dutch the character NOT Arnold the actor that is brought up.

Not saying Arnold wasn’t great as Terminator of course he was (you feel his suicide) BUT Dutch is a real military commander in my mind.

Last edited:
Whenever Terminator is discussed Arnold the actor is always brought up but when Predator is discussed it is Dutch the character NOT Arnold the actor that is brought up.

Dutch is a real military commander in my mind.

That's because Arnold IS Dutch. Want me to prove it to you?

70's
ZXDbgw6.jpg

80's
4Gxvctz.jpg

90's
TOyupfX.jpg

2000's
dtxgM0y.jpg

2010's
1OGTaO8.jpg

He just played himself.

Back