NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, in 2017 it will be the 30th anniversary of "Predator", anyone think they may release an updated Jungle Hunter with added articulation, mask hoses and opening wrist computer?

Hopefully they will also re-release some more Dutch figures too, those are super hard to find now.

I would actually take another Jungle Hunter and City Hunter over ANY of the rest of the designs, especially Ultimate editions of those 2.

Considering I only have one legit JH and there are tons of bootlegs out there.

So, yes please.

My Kenner style 2 pack has arrived!

Overall, I am pleased. Man, that is a rush of rubbery-plastic smell when the package is opened!

I didn't realize this is just the same comic that was included with the original toy. Same size even. Why bother?

As for the toys, I think I got lucky....no broken parts! I think the Predator's lower leg joint seems to be stuck but I've read enough horror stories to know that it's best to just leave it be. I'm not much of an action pose guy anyway...I'll just have them facing off on the shelf like the old Kenner figures and I'll be happy with that!

Alien seems good too...no broken parts or fused joints, but I'm being super careful with him anyway. I LOVE the black dome! May not be movie accurate, but it's still what I prefer, so that's good enough for me!

I also like the masked head on Predator so I'll probably leave that on, but it's awesome to have the option to switch it out if I so desire.

I guess one little detail bugged me...the three little red lights on his mask (targeting lights) are not painted, so I took some red paint and applied it with a the tip of a pin...now I'm happy.

So yeah....very cool to finally add a Predator and an Alien to my collection! Also glad they didn't disintegrate in my hands when I took them out of the package!

I really hope they re-release the open-mouth Jungle Hunter sculpt again soon, the last time we got that was way back in the holiday season of 2012 in the Battle-damaged TRU exclusive 2-pack.

...I just want Ultimate versions of Jungle and City Hunter and new, better articulated Super Predators. And Wolf of course, but they already said he'll eventually get a new release

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk
So are there any new features on these ultimate jungle hunter and city hunter versions??

Sent from my GT-S7275B using Tapatalk

...we don't even know when that's gonna happen, it's just a possibility

I'm really happy with the Jungle Hunter 25th anniversary from series 8. I think the only way I would buy a new one would be; on a boxed blister as Ultimate Freddy, with 3 interchangeable heads (masked, open and closed mandibles), mid- torso articulation, and why not, an opening left arm panel. Only if that [emoji1]

Sent from my GT-S7275B using Tapatalk

Just noticed that BBTS now has December as the release date for the AvP Preds. Did they get delayed or was it always set for December? I could have sworn the AvP Preds originally were scheduled for this month (October), but perhaps I am mistaken.

Just noticed that BBTS now has December as the release date for the AvP Preds. Did they get delayed or was it always set for December? I could have sworn the AvP Preds originally were scheduled for this month (October), but perhaps I am mistaken.
...they are coming by the end of November it seems, or so I understood from Randy on Twitter. They are nowhere to be found on NECA's calendar page

They were originally planned for September ...

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

My ideal ultimate Predators would be:

Jungle Hunter

-Updated sculpt adding ab-crunch, knee rotation and opening wrist panel

-Comes with Masked, unmasked closed mouth and unmasked open mouth heads, as well as separate mask accessory

-Comes with interchangeable open and closed left and right hands

-Removable Plasma Caster backpack with slide-out medical kit

- Various trophy skulls

City Hunter

-Updated sculpt adding ab-crunch, knee rotation and opening wrist panel, as well as interchangeable parts for raised and lowered gauntlet plasma caster

-Comes with Masked, unmasked closed mouth and unmasked open mouth heads, as well as separate mask accessory

-Comes with splayed right and left hands, disc holding hand, and Spear holding hands

-Comes with collapsed and extended spears, smart disc, re-breather mask, removable net gun and removable medical kit (and a teeny tiny pronged spear dart)

-Comes with bloody skull and spine trophy

My ideal ultimate Predators would be:

Jungle Hunter

-Updated sculpt adding ab-crunch, knee rotation and opening wrist panel

-Comes with interchangeable open and closed left and right hands

-Removable Plasma Caster backpack with slide-out medical kit

- Various trophy skulls

City Hunter

-Updated sculpt adding ab-crunch, knee rotation and opening wrist panel, as well as interchangeable parts for raised and lowered gauntlet plasma caster

-Comes with splayed right and left hands, disc holding hand, and Spear holding hands

-Comes with collapsed and extended spears, smart disc, re-breather mask, removable net gun and removable medical kit (and a teeny tiny pronged spear dart)

-Comes with bloody skull and spine trophy
...I like everything you just said, with the exception of the ab crunch. I hate those, I think it makes the figure look more like a toy

They were originally planned for September ...

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I was pretty sure it was earlier than December, but September is even earlier than I remembered. Sucks about the delay, but I can wait. For those of that wanted the AvP Preds we've already waited years so what's a couple more months?

NECA needs to give City Hunter a pair of spear-grip hands, both ****ing hands. For some reason with both NECA and Hot Toys the hand options have always been pretty crap. You always get just one weapon-grip hand and all the others are useless splayed hands or fully closed hands. He used 2 ****ing hands to hold the spear in Predator 2.

:confused: So this is weird. I was just at my local Hastings, and they had a bunch of Classic Predators, Elder Predators and Predator Hounds all dated 2011, all $6.99 each. Did NECA find a bunch of old stock? The cardbacks seem to indicate that the three belonged to the same wave - maybe they were released together originally, I don't know - I wasn't following back then. Anyone else see these around?

...damn it, why do I live so far from good stuff. I need a couple of Hounds and I've been reading a lot about Hastings steal prices on past stuff these days

NECA needs to give City Hunter a pair of spear-grip hands, both ****ing hands. For some reason with both NECA and Hot Toys the hand options have always been pretty crap. You always get just one weapon-grip hand and all the others are useless splayed hands or fully closed hands. He used 2 ****ing hands to hold the spear in Predator 2.

I used the right gripping hand of the Stalker pred, and now I have CH with both gripping hands.
They have similar color and it doesn't look too out of place

Now I can recreate the movie poster scene, when CH holds both the spear and the bloody skull and gets struck by lightning lol
It's called creativity, fixing neca's lack of accesories :clap

Back