NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You buy three trophy walls ?

Which material is the wall ?
I read different things, the on says reisin, the other PVC.

Its fragile ore brokes easy ?

According to Randall, it's mostly resin with a little plastic. Good and solid!

Also, orange galoshes can keep abandoned camel toes from washing dishes under the full moon.

Just got this guy today. The whole set was there but funds prevented me from buying the other two. Being the most iconic Dutch, I chose him.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

It's a really cool time to be collecting sci-fi at the moment with all the NECA releases out recently and more due soon!
There's some awesome Predator, Aliens and Robocop stuff already announced, let's see what else they show off at SDCC!

My personal wishlist-
Red shirt Dutch variant
Battle damaged jungle hunter, a proper one from the end of the film, not a few drops of green blood on his ankle! lol
Harrigan!!!
Water damaged city hunter
Keyes in his space suit!
Camo Tracker pred, seems kind of incomplete only having the berserker and the falconer
I'd like to see an attempt at a Dutch in heat vision
The Rest of the Rescue Team!!!
I have zero interest in AvP.

I wonder why they kinda went 'high-end' with the wall? Seems like it would have been easy to produce it more cheaply.

Normally people ask for higher and higher quality goods from NECA, I've never seen someone ask for the opposite!

Normally people ask for higher and higher quality goods from NECA, I've never seen someone ask for the opposite!

:lol I know, I was aware of the funny side there. Just, when the shipping costs more than the item itself, when the item ultimately ends up much more than you thought it would be and you're looking for ways to get the HT batmobile and Hulk.... NECA suddenly going high-end isn't as appealing.

I just wish neca would go high end with paint, joints, and accessories with their 7 inch figures.

I would be down for 12" figures that they could guarantee would look as good as their 2up prototypes.

It just seemed strange to me to bother going high-end for the wall when the figures are all low-end.

We are all asking for the rest of Dutch's platoon but are we ready to buy 3 or 4 versions of each? Is it in bad taste to get a blasted out Ventura figure? That be a gruesome variant. Sometimes it feels like NECA will only gamble on a figure that has recycle potential - is the market so bad that's the only way they recoup their investment?

I would be down for 12" figures that they could guarantee would look as good as their 2up prototypes.

It just seemed strange to me to bother going high-end for the wall when the figures are all low-end.

:exactly::lecture,I feel the same, we got low end figures and trophy skulls to go on and to go with a high end $60 + high shipping trophy wall.i'm not complaining ,but it seems so odd. I agree neca needs to make high end 1/6 limited figures, the 1/4 are just too space consuming for my house.

It's a really cool time to be collecting sci-fi at the moment with all the NECA releases out recently and more due soon!
There's some awesome Predator, Aliens and Robocop stuff already announced, let's see what else they show off at SDCC!

My personal wishlist-
Red shirt Dutch variant
Battle damaged jungle hunter, a proper one from the end of the film, not a few drops of green blood on his ankle! lol
Harrigan!!!
Water damaged city hunter
Keyes in his space suit!
Camo Tracker pred, seems kind of incomplete only having the berserker and the falconer
I'd like to see an attempt at a Dutch in heat vision
The Rest of the Rescue Team!!!
I have zero interest in AvP.

Deluxe P1 and P2 versions with better paints, opening wrist computer, better sculpted helmets(City Hunter) and a light up feature on the helmet would be cool.

Further, I am for a new closed mouth DJ wit better paint and a openen wrist computer.

A closed mouth BD City Hunter would be cool, too

high end with the figs is fine, but a wall piece? easily could have been the same detail and paint for wayyyy cheaper, and probably sold more too

high end with the figs is fine, but a wall piece? easily could have been the same detail and paint for wayyyy cheaper, and probably sold more too

Right, because you have detailed knowledge of dealing with Chinese factories & associated material costs. :cuckoo:

And then we would have a to listen to everyone be all butt-hurt about how "cheap" and "flimsy" it was. :slap

Right, because you have detailed knowledge of dealing with Chinese factories & associated material costs. :cuckoo:
didn't know one needed "detailed knowledge" to now that there are cheaper alternatives out there... they use all kinds of different plastics, there are cheaper plastics that can still maintain detail.. ever seen gundam model kits?
And then we would have a to listen to everyone be all butt-hurt about how "cheap" and "flimsy" it was. :slap

this is potentially true, I found one for like $90 so I might bite

We are all asking for the rest of Dutch's platoon but are we ready to buy 3 or 4 versions of each? Is it in bad taste to get a blasted out Ventura figure? That be a gruesome variant. Sometimes it feels like NECA will only gamble on a figure that has recycle potential - is the market so bad that's the only way they recoup their investment?

:lecture THIS!

This is an Excellent point. Is that the real reason NECA needs to do so many repaints and recycle sculpts?

You want to get the most out of your molds. As consumers we just want what we want, but we sometimes don't take into account cost. Manufacturers want to get the most out of their molds. They want to use them with as many figures as possible. As much as those Kenner figures are tributes they probably cost less to make then the figures they were bashed from.

I remember when we were clamoring for an Arnold figure in 1/6 scale, but the base body was an issue. HT had their TT which pretty much came with every release. Sure they modified them to get the narrow shoulder version and such, but they were really just a combination of interchangeable parts. It came down to how else they can use the base body to make money from it.

Back