NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
didn't know one needed "detailed knowledge" to now that there are cheaper alternatives out there... they use all kinds of different plastics, there are cheaper plastics that can still maintain detail.. ever seen gundam model kits?

I was expecting something along the lines of the McFarlane Queen's diorama piece...and I was gonna be perfectly OK with that.

Hey guys just had a quick thought..

If the next era of Neca preds is going to be more avp/avpr centric would you guys also like a new era of skull pack ins and trophy wall from Avpr? I think it could be cool to get a space jockey trophy and skull cleaning workshop area.. what do you guys think?

I think NECA should offer the rest of the platoon and if they have to charge more they should.
This was the only way ED209 was getting produced and the same with the Spider-Gremlin.

I totaly see NECAs point as a retailer i have had customers crying out for years for these figures. Its great that NECA listen and bring out these more expensive figures.

The trouble is unless you actualy buy them we the retailers will not stock them any more. I have heard for ages why don't NECA release the Trophy Wall well they have and now i get the moans about the price.

It is easy for myself included to say why don't NECA make this and that. It all comes down to what we will actualy buy,not say we want and then wait until it comes out and not bother.

Iv'e been selling comics and collectables for over twenty years, i have seen prices go up and down but we have never had it so good in terms of quality and likeness.

didn't know one needed "detailed knowledge" to now that there are cheaper alternatives out there... they use all kinds of different plastics, there are cheaper plastics that can still maintain detail.. ever seen gundam model kits?

this is potentially true, I found one for like $90 so I might bite

There are a lot of cheap Gundam model kits and the quality is poor. If you want quality with Gundam or any thing else you have to pay for it.

I had no complaint about the price. I was willing to pay 64.99 for plastic. Its the shipping cost that was an unpleasant surprise when it turned out this was such a heavy ****er because of the materials they actually used.

There are a lot of cheap Gundam model kits and the quality is poor. If you want quality with Gundam or any thing else you have to pay for it.

The average kit is $30 and is extremely detailed... Bandai does keep old kits in circulation sure but the newer ones are incredibly detailed.. And cheap

Ok, I finally received the series 9 set and they're great. I have to give a lot of credit to Amoktime because they sent out another set despite an ongoing, botched, UPS situation. From now on I will deal with Amoktime when at all possible.

Also I received the trophy wall and I must say, this is the single best diorama I've ever seen. It's simply amazing and NECA, hats off to you, well done. I say that despite the fact that in order to get the skulls for the wall I had to spend quite a bit. I wish I would've waited to find out about the skull pack, but oh well, I have all the skulls and some cool figures I wouldn't have otherwise.

Last edited:
Ok, I finally received the series 3 set and they're great. I have to give a lot of credit to Amoktime because they sent out another set despite an ongoing, botched, UPS situation. From now on I will deal with Amoktime when at all possible.

Also I received the trophy wall and I must say, this is the single best diorama I've ever seen. It's simply amazing and NECA, hats off to you, well done. I say that despite the fact that in order to get the skulls for the wall I had to spend quite a bit. I wish I would've waited to find out about the skull pack, but oh well, I have all the skulls and some cool figures I wouldn't have otherwise.

Series 3 as in elder, P1 and the pred hound? be careful with elder and order up series 8 P1 if you dont already have it, nice haul though. I order the trophy wall last night from a canadian dealer, so I saved a bunch on shipping. hope I can get the skull pack too as I only have the human skull from the water emergence :lol

Finally had a chance to open whatever series Mud Dutch, Water Emergence, and no-shirt Dutch. They've been sitting on my dining room floor for a few days. Overall, they are a nice set for Predator fans. If I was asked if you could only get one it would have to be Mud Dutch. He's the most visually interesting. Those high resolution photos do him an injustice. I know no-shirt Dutch is the most iconic, since it's basically the poster version. He's not all that great. Good, not great. Many don't like the Water Emergence Predator, but I think he's a great toy. Catch it with the right light on that blue metallic paint and he shines rather nicely. NECA needs to continue with this line. I would have loved these guys as a kid.

Series 3 as in elder, P1 and the pred hound? be careful with elder and order up series 8 P1 if you dont already have it, nice haul though. I order the trophy wall last night from a canadian dealer, so I saved a bunch on shipping. hope I can get the skull pack too as I only have the human skull from the water emergence :lol

Lol, I don't know why I typed series 3, no it's series 9. Mud covered, Water Emergence, and Jungle Encounter.

Mud Covered Dutch is probably the best NECA figure I've bought so far. So detailed and so many weapons. Must have IMO.

Water Emergence Pred was honestly kind of a let down IMO. I don't know what I was expecting but it's just ok. Scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 6.

Jungle Encounter Dutch was a waste of money as it's just too similar to the Jungle Patrol Dutch I already have. Here's how I would rank the Dutch Bunch so far:

1. Mud Covered
2. Jungle Extraction
3. Jungle Patrol
4. Jungle Encounter

Finally had a chance to open whatever series Mud Dutch, Water Emergence, and no-shirt Dutch. They've been sitting on my dining room floor for a few days. Overall, they are a nice set for Predator fans. If I was asked if you could only get one it would have to be Mud Dutch. He's the most visually interesting. Those high resolution photos do him an injustice. I know no-shirt Dutch is the most iconic, since it's basically the poster version. He's not all that great. Good, not great. Many don't like the Water Emergence Predator, but I think he's a great toy. Catch it with the right light on that blue metallic paint and he shines rather nicely. NECA needs to continue with this line. I would have loved these guys as a kid.

Holy god, could you imagine having "toys" like this when were kids? My little mind would've been too blown to even play with them. Lol, when I was a kid I thought the Kenner Aliens vs Predator 2 pack was the coolest thing I'd seen. I remember thinking, "wow, they look just like they do in the movies." If only I could go back in time and give my collection to the 10 year old version of me.

Holy god, could you imagine having "toys" like this when were kids? My little mind would've been too blown to even play with them. Lol, when I was a kid I thought the Kenner Aliens vs Predator 2 pack was the coolest thing I'd seen. I remember thinking, "wow, they look just like they do in the movies." If only I could go back in time and give my collection to the 10 year old version of me.

I know! :goodpost:

I would have loved these (probably a little too much) as a kid, but I do have to give massive props to Kenner for re-starting the 'Aliens' line back then. (And as a bonus, the old Kenner figures would never break on you either. :lol) In any event, I'll find it interesting to see just how series 10 sells and what that means for series 11, 12, ect.

Evidently I need to tweak the peg for my clean human skull with spine. It's practically sitting on top of the dino skull.

I know! :goodpost:

I would have loved these (probably a little too much) as a kid, but I do have to give massive props to Kenner for re-starting the 'Aliens' line back then. (And as a bonus, the old Kenner figures would never break on you either. :lol) In any event, I'll find it interesting to see just how series 10 sells and what that means for series 11, 12, ect.

Me too, I only know of only one person that said there were going to buy a figure from series 10. And they are only buying one figure out of the line.

Back