NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda.

In the movie verse, he obviously didn't change his vest. But the mistake, or whatever, caused him to change vests....

So outside sources say he changed vests...Oh **** it. Doesn't matter. :lol

But....why be that slavish towards silly mistakes?

I just don't get it. I don't see why it has to be accurate to the costume, rather then the outfit in the film.

Kinda.

In the movie verse, he obviously didn't change his vest. But the mistake, or whatever, caused him to change vests....

So outside sources say he changed vests...Oh **** it. Doesn't matter. :lol
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0A5WjKtBd4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0A5WjKtBd4[/ame]

In any case the colour change may have been deliberate and intended to be kinda like a John McClane's vest sorta thing...well not actually because Predator came out before Die Hard...but dirt and sweat etc etc.

In any case the colour change may have been deliberate and intended to be kinda like a John McClane's vest sorta thing...well not actually because Predator came out before Die Hard...but dirt and sweat etc etc.

Sure. I can possibly buy that. But NECA has done this before, forgot where though.

Still retarded to actually use a film mistake in your figure.

I disagree and as I said in the post above it might not have been a ''mistake'' at all.

If I hold my Movie Poster Dutch figure up to the film, its going to jar with me that a part of the outfit is a completely different colour to whats onscreen.

It's like that Han Solo jacket debate. :lol

Pretty much every incarnation of clothing he wore threw up debate about colours for that matter.

ANH - is his shirt tan or white
ESB - is his jacket black or blue, is his hoth outfit brown or blue
ROTJ - ...well....is his camo-coat brown or green theme?

But....why be that slavish towards silly mistakes?

Because the point for a collector to want a figure of a particular look is that something from the film appealed to them, if you aren't true to what it looked like in the movie, then you're not giving collector's what they're after.

As nice as HT's Dutch was, it did look strange to do his later film looks with a very clearly brown vest on when every time you see him with it after he loses the brown shirt/coat, it looks very dark and black. That'd stand out even more on NECA where it's a painted sculpt and not cloth that can behave differently in certain lighting.

I'm glad NECA's paying attention to that and working towards making each Dutch as faithful as it can be.

Now that we have confirmation of "Get to da choppa!" Dutch, I won't be buying the tank version, doesn't come from any scenes I'm particularly fond of, the full gear will be enough in addition, and of course mud Dutch, providing the production figure either looks nice as is or can be saved with some custom paintwork.

What about me? I want a fine product. Well sculpted, well painted.

If he has 2 buttons instead of 5, that's not going to sway me.

love most of their new figs. definitely getting a bunch. still have to shout out a couple of reminders to neca though:

- mid torso articulation sucks! you didnt have to do that with your figs before, and it was all fine and good. so stop it before it's becoming a trend and ruin all your figs (tell me that mid torso cut is not the only thing ruining that beautiful adam west fig).

- paint your figure! unpainted skin color always make figs look cheap and plasticky. always. no matter how many people here say it doesnt.

love most of their new figs. definitely getting a bunch. still have to shout out a couple of reminders to neca though:

- mid torso articulation sucks! you didnt have to do that with your figs before, and it was all fine and good. so stop it before it's becoming a trend and ruin all your figs (tell me that mid torso cut is not the only thing ruining that beautiful adam west fig).

- paint your figure! unpainted skin color always make figs look cheap and plasticky. always. no matter how many people here say it doesnt.

- use all in one heads&necks wherever possible. The marines really didn't need ball-joints in the skull and the resulting ugliness in the neck/jawline region is frustrating for how needless it is.

Does not suck, looks great and helps in getting better poses out of figures.

You can see it blends in well, right on the rib cage area. I welcome ball jointed heads too like on the Rocky figures.
DSCN1506.JPG

- use all in one heads&necks wherever possible. The marines really didn't need ball-joints in the skull and the resulting ugliness in the neck/jawline region is frustrating for how needless it is.

Amen to that. I can't imagine it's more difficult/expensive to do, and it looks much better.

Back