NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least McFarlane knew how to paint.

And do they still?

Well from what I gathered on Twitter that's exactly what NECA is going to do. :D

They're going to change the designs? I'm surprised to hear that...well...I suppose they didn't make the Classic predator chubby but I assumed that was only because they intended to use the same sculpt for the P1s.

I'm not one of the guys complaining about the Kenner tribute figures so that doesn't apply to me. All I'm saying is the McFarlane figures look terrible by todays standards from NECA and it would be especially apparent were they to make only the Chopper Predator as you suggested.

my bad but really chopper is the only one i can see people cant wait for of the AvP i mean its not like they arent coming out anyways just later down the line, and the predator line is pretty healthy right now for neca so is the alien line i dont think they well quit coming out with figures as long as fans are still wanting to buy them.

my bad but really chopper is the only one i can see people cant wait for of the AvP i mean its not like they arent coming out anyways just later down the line, and the predator line is pretty healthy right now for neca so is the alien line i dont think they well quit coming out with figures as long as fans are still wanting to buy them.

Indeed, I still get the impression that the line has a lot of life left in it. That in fact is a reason I've decided to limit myself to P1 and P2. With all the other stuff I buy I need to force an end here because it seems like this could go on and on.

Err yes. they fit in with the neca figures more then the kenners ones as stated before. much like fans want predators from the predator games, i feel that with the line expanding out of just the 'movie" figures predators like ones of kenners should appreciated not insulted just cause some fans cant handle something not seen in a movie.

Your Argument IS INVALID

SpdYCE9.jpg

07OWR2x.jpg

tz92tEz.jpg

If what you were saying is true,
They WOULDN'T have made ANY of these Either....

YvTPwHE.gif

Your Argument IS INVALID

SpdYCE9.jpg

07OWR2x.jpg

tz92tEz.jpg

YvTPwHE.gif

my argument about McF's AvP fitting in with necas predators more then kenner ones is invalid? seriously why does you care which predators get made when aside from the AvP preds u want human characters such as a machiko figure & an Alexa Wood. which btw machiko wasnt on a movie why would she be more of a valid figure for neca to make rather than the kenner ones or any other predators in their universe.

P.S. are you telling me that those robocop and alien figures would look bad in display with eachother? the ash yes but its alittle different with human based characters vs masked/ alienish ones

I think the old McFarlane Alien and Predator toys still look great! Some of the original NECA employees worked for McFarlane back in the day. They just split off and became a competitor.

my argument about McF's AvP fitting in with necas predators more then kenner ones is invalid? seriously why does you care which predators get made when aside from the AvP preds u want human characters such as a machiko figure & an Alexa Wood. which btw machiko wasnt on a movie why would she be more of a valid figure for neca to make rather than the kenner ones or any other predators in their universe.

P.S. are you telling me that those robocop and alien figures would look bad in display with eachother? the ash yes but its alittle different with human based characters vs masked/ alienish ones

no,What I am saying that is invalid is that you are saying NECA doesn't need to do AVP,
well... They didn't need to do Aliens, or Robocop, They didn't have to do Michael Myers, They didn't have to do any of that.
Technically speaking they didn't have to do Predator 1 or Predator 2, Mcfarlane did them already.

NECA doesnt NEED to do ALien Queen either, You keep saying "the Mcfarlane AVP preds are good enough" but the point is not if they are good or not,
the point you are trying to make is that NECA doesn't need to make AVP,
But they didn't have to make Evil Dead Ash either. get it? They didn't have to make robocop, BUT THEY DID! :gah: that's the point, NECA DID those figures even though McFarlane Made them first.
Which means that even if McFarlane made good AVP figures, NECA could make them again. Because NECA is doing figures MCF made already.

I have all three of the old McF AVP figures though most of their accessories are in pieces, such brittle crap they are and the plasma caster mount was ridiculously long and brittle as well.

These were pretty rare at retail, i was able to get Scar,Celtic and Elder all in one shot at TRU when they were first released and i never ever did see them on the pegs anywhere ever again.

no,What I am saying that is invalid is that you are saying NECA doesn't need to do AVP,
well... They didn't need to do Aliens, or Robocop, They didn't have to do Michael Myers, They didn't have to do any of that.
Technically speaking they didn't have to do Predator 1 or Predator 2, Mcfarlane did them already.

NECA doesnt NEED to do ALien Queen either, You keep saying "the Mcfarlane AVP preds are good enough" but the point is not if they are good or not,
the point you are trying to make is that NECA doesn't need to make AVP,
But they didn't have to make Evil Dead Ash either. get it? They didn't have to make robocop, BUT THEY DID! :gah: that's the point, NECA DID those figures even though McFarlane Made them first.
Which means that even if McFarlane made good AVP figures, NECA could make them again. Because NECA is doing figures MCF made already.

i never said the AvP predators shouldnt be made , i said there shouldnt be a rush for them . look at you raging on and on about them when neca said in series 12- and 13. the problem is your waiting them now and dising the company cause they choose to hold up on them while they are expanding deeper then just movies.

P.S. the reason why i said chopper should be more important in terms of rushing production over say scar and celtic is cause atleast hes been overdue for a 6inch.

i never said the AvP predators shouldnt be made , i said there shouldnt be a rush for them . look at you raging on and on about them when neca said in series 12- and 13. the problem is your waiting them now and dising the company cause they choose to hold up on them while they are expanding deeper then just movies.

I would actually be okay with expanding deeper than the movies. That would be fine.
They could make predators from the comics for example.

but these Kenner preds are just ugly cash grab repaints. That's what makes me kinda mad. That even with these all they did was repaint them, They could made preds from the comics if they want.
but the Kenner ones for me look like really ugly Customs. like someone bought a Berserker predator and spend an evening repainting him.

I would actually be okay with expanding deeper than the movies. That would be fine.

but these Kenner preds are just ugly cash grab repaints. That's what makes me kinda mad. That even with these all they did was repaint them, They could made preds from the comics if they want.
but the Kenner ones for me look like really ugly Customs. like someone bought a Berserker predator and spend an evening repainting him.

rofl hate to break it to u but in terms of heads scars will most likely use the p1 head with just a scar mark on (ofc in armor) but still all toy companies reuse parts idk why its all the sudden news to you. And about the cheap custom thing ,really maybe you can do better? what toy company is yours so i can place an order? oh wait silly me you dont have one.

rofl hate to break it to u but in terms of heads scars will most likely use the p1 head with just a scar mark on (ofc in armor) but still all toy companies reuse parts idk why its all the sudden news to you. And about the cheap custom thing ,really maybe you can do better? what toy company is yours so i can place an order? oh wait silly me you dont have one.

lol what are you talking about? :lol

Your Argument IS INVALID

SpdYCE9.jpg

07OWR2x.jpg

tz92tEz.jpg

YvTPwHE.gif

The only one that sucks is the Ash.

The NECA Alien is better, but the McF isn't godawful. And that McF RoboCop is better in every single way.

Don't forget that so-called "cash grabs" and the figures associated with teeny-bop movies help pave the way for true fan favorites to get made, like the trophy wall, ED-209, Queen, etc.

And that McF RoboCop is better in every single way.

We must disagree again. The paintjob is nicer and I prefer that the McF headsculpt is all one solid piece so that the cranial part of the helmet is on properly unlike the NECA one. However, while the nose on the NECA figure is peaking out in a way that it shouldn't - at least the NECA one has a nose. And the overall sculpt on the NECA is better...as is the posing as demonstrated in Valfar's pic below.

Last edited:
The paint job could be considered nicer on the McF but, it is not even as close to the real paint deco as the Neca figure is.

The nose issue with the first issue of Neca 7'' was rectified with their spring loaded version pictured first below.

I only have the Neca V1 7'' Robo and my figure does not have the nose poking through as bad as other figures i've seen.

robofeatured.png

192kvd.jpg

Add some Future floor wax to the armor and it turns this good figure into a great figure.

Don't forget that so-called "cash grabs" and the figures associated with teeny-bop movies help pave the way for true fan favorites to get made, like the trophy wall, ED-209, Queen, etc.

okay, that is actually a good point. :goodpost:

We must disagree again. The paintjob is nicer and I prefer that the McF headsculpt is all one solid piece so that the cranial part of the helmet is on properly unlike the NECA one. However, while the nose on the NECA figure is peaking out in a way that it shouldn't - at least the NECA one has a nose. And the overall sculpt on the NECA is better...as is the posing as demonstrated in Valfar's pic below.

I'm looking at the figures at a side by side comparison. One is clearly more visually interesting then the other. The problem with the NECA figure, excluding the helmet, is the paint. I went through all 5 Holster Robo's at my TRU, and each one of them had gloopy gloppy paint apps. It was a disappointment for me, because I was really looking forward to that one.

Once again, for me, it's all about presentation. Your figure can be the most accurate thing ever made, but if it's painted like a horse's ***, I have no interest. :lol

Which is what I fear is going to happen to poor Shaw.

Back