NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so it looks like I'll be passing on this line after all.

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Netting is such a tiny detail, IMO. People spend alot more money on the far less accurate sculpts that HT puts out compared to Necas 80 dollar price range figures which look far more accurate sculpt wise when it comes to Alien and Predator. With Hot Toys you're paying for paint and accessories but it doesn't change the fact that what matters the most (scuplt) looks like crap. It's like putting frosting on a turd and calling it a cake. :dunno

Again I'm comparing Hot Toys AVP line in this post. I don't wanna see people saying "OMG you're sooo wrong! Hot Toys Terminator line is sooo much better than Neca's!"

People are mostly irritated with the flimsy and fragile material that the netting is made of, not the inaccuracies. Although that is an issue as well.

Netting is such a tiny detail, IMO. People spend alot more money on the far less accurate sculpts that HT puts out compared to Necas 80 dollar price range figures which look far more accurate sculpt wise when it comes to Alien and Predator. With Hot Toys you're paying for paint and accessories but it doesn't change the fact that what matters the most (scuplt) looks like crap. It's like putting frosting on a turd and calling it a cake. :dunno

Again I'm comparing Hot Toys AVP line in this post. I don't wanna see people saying "OMG you're sooo wrong! Hot Toys Terminator line is sooo much better than Neca's!"

What matters most is purely based on opinion. That's one thing. The other thing is that with Hot Toys, you also pay for high-end quality. This means no stuck joints and no netting that can break simply by posing a figure -- and if HT can handle posing, NECA better be able to do the same because it's even more of a toy than any of HT's stuff. And you know what you do with toys, right? You pose them. That's what the joints are for. Not only that, but if the netting does break, it'll be a pain in the neck to replace (forget fixing it; the material and thin quality make it impossible).

Oh, and it's also inaccurate. :monkey3

People are mostly irritated with the flimsy and fragile material that the netting is made of, not the inaccuracies. Although that is an issue as well.

What Lar'ja said. I don't care if it's cheaper than the high-end stuff, there's no way I'm paying $80 for something that's going to break when I do what I'm supposed to do with it.

I've been worrying about the joints on NECA figures also lately.

I still haven't had any major issues with my 1:4.5 P1...but it worries me.

I might just start keeping all of my new NECA figures in their packaging.

I've been worrying about the joints on NECA figures also lately.

I still haven't had any major issues with my 1:4.5 P1...but it worries me.

I might just start keeping all of my new NECA figures in their packaging.

:rotfl :rotfl :yess: :clap Goose our height gauge lives!! Lar'ja :hi5:

What people are forgetting is this figure is less than 100.00. I have all three 1/4 p1's and the netting has not snapped on either figure. I am aware that it has snapped for others, though. I guess I don't "play" with them like others do? I take them out of their boxes and display them but it's not like I take them to the bathtub. D:

Im not planning on posing my p2 all crazy so I could care less about joints and articulation. I like the plain stand up straight look to limit the exposer of ugly cheesy looking joints. Personal preference.

for $80 a pop they could use nylon, there's no excuse,for neca not to do this, they are making plenty of profitt off these figures, they have reused the p1 body over and over and over, and they are using the p2 bodies over and over and over, so they are making very good money off these at the end.., they know they will sell,so they take the cheap plastic chicken wire approch.
i wish they would just use the sculpted netted bodies, the netting would be easier to paint at the big scale.

Real Netting ists not a big Problem.
Look at Hasbros Dr, Gangreene, they make the Figure over ten Years.

Okay the Netting is to big, but said neca on Twitter they fixed the Netting Problem ?

^ LOL win

Hey, weren't they thinking of changing the netting to be fabric like the hot toys? Doesn't look like thats happened. :gah:

thank god they didnt that would be too stupid to do , why do you all love turning action figures into dolls so much :dunno

thank god they didnt that would be too stupid to do , why do you all love turning action figures into dolls so much :dunno

Well, somebody's insecure. By the way, wanting fabric netting has nothing to do with turning the thing into a doll. I don't think the Predator could ever look like a doll, not even if Tonner got the license.
This is a matter of durability. If you want cheap, fragile, thin plastic netting on something that's meant to be posed just so you can feel more confident in your manhood, go back to this post when it breaks on you. You'll be praying for fabric then.

None of mine have broke...so I'm good with the plastic netting.

Keeps the cost down and the figure looks fantastic.

I feel for you guys that have had issues, but I'm sure the cost would go up quite a bit if they started using fabric netting.

Back