NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next month! Starts Sunday Feb 12th. My happiest memory of Toyfair ever was 2009 seeing not one but 4 versions of Arnie from T2 lined up, and Kyle was answering questions about the sculpt for days afterwards. I hope he's working on something cool for this year. Looking fwd to Rocky IV, Drago, and Rambo.

Same here! For me that was totally unexpected. And at the time all I had was the McFarlane Terminator figures and the old Sideshow 1/6 ones. Seeing those first T2 figures from NECA, seemingly totally out of the blue, was really thrilling. I drooled at my screen for days! I still look at those pics every now and again, obviously them being 2up prototypes they look better than the figures we got, wish I could own them.

I remember being miffed about that line on Arnie's chin. Kyle reassured me saying he has it in real life. So I went back and rewatched a lot of his films. He gets it when he's pissed or concentrating. Plus, Kyle used a lifecast as reference too.

I'm wondering if NECA will make a final damaged T-800 or Reese now. The ball seems to be back in HT's court for the next step in the Terminator franchise.

I remember being miffed about that line on Arnie's chin. Kyle reassured me saying he has it in real life. So I went back and rewatched a lot of his films. He gets it when he's pissed or concentrating. Plus, Kyle used a lifecast as reference too.

That sculpt has always struck me as a sort of concentration face, probably very much based on this:

Terminator_2_091.jpg

I'm wondering if NECA will make a final damaged T-800 or Reese now. The ball seems to be back in HT's court for the next step in the Terminator franchise.

Theres really only 1 T-800 left to do (BD), they probably won't do Sarah and that just leaves Reese and variations of him to fill out a wave. Tech Noir outfit, no coat/sleeveless top look, Tanker chase/cyberdyne factory coat (different from Tech Noir), and the 2029 soldier outfit. I can't see them packing out a whole wave with mainly Kyle Reese but would they really release a wave with a mere 2 figures in it?

Also, Predator. :D

Randy hasn't committed to a solid yes on Reese, more vague replies like 'hopefully we will' or 'we'll see'. All I know is, as soon as the next company puts out a Reese and Hicks, I'll send the pic to Mike Biehn. I'm mates with him on Facebook. Damn nice guy.

tankman did great on the city hunter, but what a waste if neca don't stepup with fabric netting and updated paint work and release it in 1/4 scale.

Randy hasn't committed to a solid yes on Reese, more vague replies like 'hopefully we will' or 'we'll see'. All I know is, as soon as the next company puts out a Reese and Hicks, I'll send the pic to Mike Biehn. I'm mates with him on Facebook. Damn nice guy.

Serious? Cool. Cpl.Hicks (boardie here) would be very jealous unless he's already on that case!

And you're sure its him?

I think it's strange that HT and Sideshow are both able to produce a new Dutch figure and NECA seemingly still can't. This is the company that so far has made the only officially licenced Bruce Willis figure (I'm not counting Mattel's figure from Armageddon years ago), as well as Hannibal, and Pinhead. For a while there, they seemed to revel in making Grails a reality. Now on a lot of boards, Colonial Marines are requested a LOT. The new game is out this year, with HT showing an interest in the Predator side of things, would it really be out of the realm of possibility to do even a Hicks or Vasquez again? This remakes thing they have going has me excited. I think we'll definitely see new Rambo and Rocky this year given that poll a while back and the fact that Enterbay are doing them. But more Schwarzenegger would be one hell of an icing on the cake.

I think they are just happy pumping out the 'what could have been' smaller figures. That's their safe zone.

well the sales of their first 1/4 predator, should show them, people will buy them, with a little more twiks here and there, they can't loose, cause no matter how great ht's 1/4's may turnout, neca can out do them on price, not everyone can shell out $400+ for a figure, but can for a $80 to $100 figure.

well the sales of their first 1/4 predator, should show them, people will buy them, with a little more twiks here and there, they can't loose, cause no matter how great ht's 1/4's may turnout, neca can out do them on price, not everyone can shell out $400+ for a figure, but can for a $80 to $100 figure.

I only just saw the price of the HT Iron Monger today. I think the prices of the HT 1/4 Preds are going to be a killer for the common and even die hard collector. NECA should keep putting out some big Preds to give collectors some options at a fair price.

I only just saw the price of the HT Iron Monger today. I think the prices of the HT 1/4 Preds are going to be a killer for the common and even die hard collector. NECA should keep putting out some big Preds to give collectors some options at a fair price.

i totally agree.:exactly:

From what Tankman said yesterday its probably his boss's boss that needs the foot-to-arse nudge. Remember he mentioned that Randy was in contact with China about cloth netting? Could be that Randy is very much interested. Of course this was before the HT announcment.

From what Tankman said yesterday its probably his boss's boss that needs the foot-to-arse nudge. Remember he mentioned that Randy was in contact with China about cloth netting? Could be that Randy is very much interested. Of course this was before the HT announcment.

ya i think the actual owner of neca is holding back on what randy and kyle are wanting to do, and that's sad, because it would be a true winner with accurate fabric netting for sure.

HT's price is totally fair. they make high quality collectibles. NECA doesn't. you get what you pay for.

now, Medicom - their prices are ridiculous.

ya i think the actual owner of neca is holding back on what randy and kyle are wanting to do, and that's sad, because it would be a true winner with accurate fabric netting for sure.

Maybe he just really really really hates Predator 2 and that's why he really hates the Idea of a 1/4 P2 :lol

Back