NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that P2 looks ANYTHING like the Elder, i'm passing. That thing looks like a piece of ____. Horribly painted ugly thing.

Hoping for a good P2....but I wont be holding my breath.

I do hope they just make 19" one.

the only difference between dolls and figures is marketing. if a boy is holding it, it's a figure. if a girl is holding it, it's a doll. same damn thing.

So what happens if a girl is holding, say... a P2 Elder Predator? Even if the girl is three or four years old, I'd personally be hard-pressed to call it a doll. Not sure how you can look at that thing's face (or any other part of it) and say it's anything else but a figure. Or what about an Endoskeleton? Granted, Arnie himself and the human-like characters are a bit more of a gray area, but I'd still refer to them as figures. Last I checked, action heroes replicated in plastic were referred to as figures. It's been this way for decades.

If that P2 looks ANYTHING like the Elder, i'm passing. That thing looks like a piece of ____. Horribly painted ugly thing.

Hoping for a good P2....but I wont be holding my breath.

I do hope they just make 19" one.

Yeah... I didn't want to open my mouth about something I wasn't even buying, but that's pretty much the reason why I'm not buying it. The paint apps on the Elder are passable, so compared to the atrocious paint apps on the first Classic and masked Berserker, it's enough of an improvement for people to say "Wow, this looks great!" That's not really working for me, as the 1/4 P1 really got me out of the 7" game. We finally have what could very well be the definitive P2 figure and in all honesty, you could cut the potential and excitement around this release with a butter knife. It's one of the most monumental events in Predator figure history. Unfortunately, if it's only in 7", it's also the saddest.

The best way I can put this is... remember before we got the giant P1? We thought NECA could easily pull off greatness if they tried, we just never saw it in person. Well, they finally did and we were all blown away. Now that we know they can do better, "good enough" or "okay" won't be. I'm not saying we've been spoiled by that single release, but we're talking the P2 here. Not only that, NECA's paint apps on a would-be $90-$100 figure could easily blow away HT's paint apps from 2007. Add to that the improved articulation and a 1/4 P2 would be the clear winner in almost every aspect.
1/4 P1 was touch-and-go, since HT's version was still released at a later, better time for them. 1/4 P2, however, would demolish earlier efforts. They HAVE to do it. It'd be a huge loss and an even bigger pity if they didn't.

Last edited:
The best way I can put this is... remember before we got the giant P1? We thought NECA could easily pull off greatness if they tried, we just never saw it in person. Well, they finally did and we were all blown away. Now that we know they can do better, "good enough" or "okay" won't be. I'm not saying we've been spoiled by that single release, but we're talking the P2 here. Not only that, NECA's paint apps on a would-be $90-$100 figure could easily blow away HT's paint apps from 2007. Add to that the improved articulation and a 1/4 P2 would be the clear winner in almost every aspect.
1/4 P1 was touch-and-go, since HT's version was still released at a later, better time for them. 1/4 P2, however, would demolish earlier efforts. They HAVE to do it. It'd be a huge loss and an even bigger pity if they didn't.

NECA should do P2 for the fans. We deserve it and they deserve to make the most from their great sculpts.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I may be in the minority on this forum, but I enjoy the 7-inch (technically 8-inch) Predator figures from NECA. While I've already broke down and order the upcoming HT Classic Predator based on tankman's singing praise of the figure, I usually don't like bigger scale figures (except for 1:1) because larger figures remind me of dolls quite frankly - a thought that just creeps me out.

In fact, at the moment, the only large scale figure in my collection besides a 1:1 Endoskeleton is a HT T-600, and the only reason I bought that figure is because I've always wanted a T-600.

just so we're clear... your reasoning for not wanting nice Predator figures is because of some oddly-specific criteria you have for distinguishing "dolls" from figures. even tough they're the exact same thing no matter what size they are. that hurts my brain.

I didn't play with dolls when I was a kid, I played with figures. To me, there's a difference even if I'm not playing with them anymore.

Either way, I don't want a bunch of 1/4 scale figures in my compound as they're just too imposing on my bar. I can fit in a lot of 7" inch figures though and then have plenty of maneuverability with them with regards to lighting them with mini-spotlights as I see fit.

Fortunately for me, according to NECA on twitter, the cost of manufacturing and selling a large variety of bigger scale figures is prohibitive at the moment, so in reality I won't be bothered with this issue for the foreseable future. :nana:

These posts, Do hurt my brain
I kinda agree with prefused on that,

Kobe can you Please, please tell me the difference between a doll and a Figure?
or What is a doll? and why are you afraid of them?
I always thought Dolls were cute, girly toys, like barbie, or baby dolls, that were usually in bright colors and came with accesories,
figures are toys made from movies or pop culture, How can a Predator be a doll WTF?:cuckoo:
that's just, I'm really not trying to sound mean, That's why I Ask, because I really need to know what's the difference, If anything bigger than 7 inches automatically is a doll, then Yeah I Agree, another hobby would be better, that would mean that a 12 inch Freddy Kruger is a doll...I personally think, a toy is a toy is a toy, whether is for girls or boys, toys are plastic things with clothes,
for the record, I own some of the Living Dead Dolls horror figures, you probably really hate those I bet, but Owning a JAson dead doll Does not make me any less of a Man! :dance

so does that mean this Alien "doll" would have you running for the hills?
yrMkO.jpg

Last edited:
In the minds of the general public, a doll tends to be an articulated figure with actual clothes. While I think G.I. Joe or some such might've used the term "action figure" to market towards boys, the term eventually migrated pretty much exclusively to figures that were mostly or entirely sculpted. Of course, if you were buying a boys' toy, the manufacturer never referred to it as a doll either way, so it's a perception thing.

Dolls are usually big because tiny clothes are hard to make, but a big action figure is still an action figure (like NECA). Most Hot Toys figures could probably be called dolls, but likely only if you're intending to piss people off. HT Predators barely qualify if at all. Tonner makes dolls any way you cut it, no matter how much they want you to call them "character figures" or whatever.

Obviously none of this is absolute.

In the minds of the general public, a doll tends to be an articulated figure with actual clothes. While I think G.I. Joe or some such might've used the term "action figure" to market towards boys, the term eventually migrated pretty much exclusively to figures that were mostly or entirely sculpted. Of course, if you were buying a boys' toy, the manufacturer never referred to it as a doll either way, so it's a perception thing.

Dolls are usually big because tiny clothes are hard to make, but a big action figure is still an action figure (like NECA). Most Hot Toys figures could probably be called dolls, but likely only if you're intending to piss people off. HT Predators barely qualify if at all. Tonner makes dolls any way you cut it, no matter how much they want you to call them "character figures" or whatever.

Obviously none of this is absolute.

thank you sir :goodpost:

I was really wanting to know, this clears it up, I guess you could say Hot toys are dolls, I just always thought a doll was like a girl's toy, like those babies with clothes that look like real babies,
but, your explanation made it clear, I guess the Clothes is what makes the difference, in any case, none of the neca 1/4 have real clothing, so Kobe's post gets weirder,
I still wonder why the fear of dolls

awesome! i didn't like the first release or cloaked version of masked berserker, but i'll be buying this set. p2 is great, but i'm liking this new berserker too!

Masked P2 should have a single carded release no?, it must.

NECA said they might consider an individual release a year or two from now. So either buy the 2-pack or enjoy the wait.

i can't wait to get this 2 pack, even though i'm like most, i don't care for this berseker, i like his skull accessory though.

AWESOME!

And if what Prefused said is true, that we will be getting a background or whatever with Mr. Black, I'm deffinitely keeping him.

I already like the way he looks, the sculpt is so sexy and there's no horrible polka dot paint to ruin it.. :lol

AWESOME!

And if what Prefused said is true, that we will be getting a background or whatever with Mr. Black, I'm deffinitely keeping him.

I already like the way he looks, the sculpt is so sexy and there's no horrible polka dot paint to ruin it.. :lol

Gaaaah! The polka dot paint!

i just pray that qc and paint are good on this p2, i'm sick of sloppy paint and stuck and broken joints, and missing parts , mismolded blades,etc.

Back