NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is that possible, aren't these already well underway to be on shelves soon? Or would there be a second run with improvements.

P1 for sure, but just because his sculpt came out well doesn't mean the factory paint couldn't massacre his work. Quality figures are a healthy mix of sculpt and paint work, only one of those turning out right isn't enough to sustain.

P1 for sure, but just because his sculpt came out well doesn't mean the factory paint couldn't massacre his work. Quality figures are a healthy mix of sculpt and paint work, only one of those turning out right isn't enough to sustain.

I think he said he already checked out the factory paint and was pleased with it.

I know, I was just pointing out that simply because Tankman's the sculptor on a figure doesn't ensure the product that hits the shelf will be a good one, the factory's got to give it a good paint job.

Yes, he says stuff is looking good.

very true. and i'm guessing these figures could become a cottage industry for customizers here.
if i finally break down and get some of the 7" preds, i'm sending them to get pro paint apps.

then i'll display them next to my HT figure and make him feel stupid.

You're so dead on about that. It can kill you to see what might hit stores. Sometimes I want to cry for our painters which always do such a great job. I told Randy why do Predator if it came out like the McTodd one. The 2up was so nice and THEN? You can have a great sculpt but then the paint can mess everything up so bad. The test shots I have are very nice and P1 I'm very happy with.

Since this sculpt looks to be based entirely on P1, I see no need to wait for the later official P1 release, seeing as they're identical. I'll just get these three, the Flusher Predator (if they make it), the P2, and the P2 Elder.

What about the cool bones P1 has on?

You're so dead on about that. It can kill you to see what might hit stores. Sometimes I want to cry for our painters which always do such a great job. I told Randy why do Predator if it came out like the McTodd one. The 2up was so nice and THEN? You can have a great sculpt but then the paint can mess everything up so bad. The test shots I have are very nice and P1 I'm very happy with.

Well, even the carded shot of the Classic looks impressive to me, so if the P1 figures live up to that or better, I'll be happy.

So far I've been lucky, there really haven't been any NECA figures I've wanted that got hit with rough paint jobs, but I've heard some horror stories.

I've seen the horrors of NECA's paint apps. I've even bought a few to try and fix 'em....yeah no. lol.

NECA can sculpt, but the paint apps were always the killer.

What about the cool bones P1 has on?

For a little necklace, it's not that big of a deal. Having that said, I might skip the Classic and hold out for P1 (depending on how soon he gets released), just to have the all-around look. If the necklaces are the only difference, then I can easily remove them or customize them to be temporary. Two in one, I suppose.
Then again, for my display preferences, whichever has a masked version first is the one I'll end up getting.

So... any info on the different figures included in the waves, how many waves, when the masked Classic or P1 hits, when the originals will hit, etc.?

I dont know if that was a positive comment, or a negeative comment. But still, some mods worked, but others didnt. The Sin City line was the hardest line to buy due to the poor paint apps. I had to search through to find a passible one.

But oh well. Atleast the sculpts are ace eh?

For a little necklace, it's not that big of a deal. Having that said, I might skip the Classic and hold out for P1 (depending on how soon he gets released), just to have the all-around look. If the necklaces are the only difference, then I can easily remove them or customize them to be temporary. Two in one, I suppose.
Then again, for my display preferences, whichever has a masked version first is the one I'll end up getting.

So... any info on the different figures included in the waves, how many waves, when the masked Classic or P1 hits, when the originals will hit, etc.?

Go ahead and get the P1 now and get the P1 bones on the later figure with the closed mouth or mask. I think the bones are really cool and make the figure stand out more. You know just more cool stuff to look at.

I dont know if that was a positive comment, or a negeative comment. But still, some mods worked, but others didnt. The Sin City line was the hardest line to buy due to the poor paint apps. I had to search through to find a passible one.

But oh well. Atleast the sculpts are ace eh?

Oh yeah those Sin City paint apps were bad. I think these Preds will be fine if not great. Black has been the tough one so far. The first P1 was a nightmare but now I can say it looks how I wanted it too. For 14 dollars it'll be so worth it.

Man, I am so glad us fans have a stand up guy like yourself doing his hardest to get us the best possible figures. Thanks Tankman!

I really want the closed mouth. I LOVE the look you gave him. It's just so classic Predator.

That's the one I'm looking forward to most also. I change the brow but just a small bit but it really brings the movie Predator 1 back to life I think. I have the open mouth one now and it looks very nice but we always see him this way and sometimes it's cool to see him not like the norm. I almost went with a starting to open look and maybe I'll do that if we make the larger figure. P1 is just the coolest monster ever in a movie. Well him and Alien that is.

Man, I am so glad us fans have a stand up guy like yourself doing his hardest to get us the best possible figures. Thanks Tankman!

Glad you like them and believe me we want everybody to have the very best figure we can make. Lots of sculptors have worked for us and know we can be tough at times. We're fans first and get all worked up over this cool stuff. We put a lot of heart into it and it's so cool to see stuff get made. I hate it at times when I see how things can get messed up. It's tough for everybody trying to make great looking toys, statues and all the collectibles out there.

IMG_7833.JPG

This head reminds me of the shot just after Dutch hits him in the face and he just sort of flicks his mandibles around before throwing a punch at Dutch as though Dutch's hit did nothign to him, which it pretty much didn't. Winston and his team really did a good job of giving the face expression and personality with the movements of the parts to the mask, without those, I don't think the unmasked scenes would have been as cool as they were.

Back