NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these really NECA? Doesn't look anything like what I expected. The packaging actually looks pretty nice. Maybe less secure and less collectible, though. The main issue is that we sadly miss out on the mini-poster that backs their usual clamshells (which I actually use in my displays). This can't be right...
Still, for the pricepoint, they do look pretty cool. Sculpts are definitely fantastic. Falconer, my fave, is definitely the best of the bunch. The P1 isn't too bad, either; at least his wristblades finally have a good shape. I just think the Berserker should have a darker skin tone. It's Mr. Black, not Mr. White. Luckily, that's the ONLY remote problem I have with any of these.

Good news is, it seems we're getting more articulation that we ever could've expected (I believe the 20 includes the two different articulation types on elbows and wrists; for example, the elbows have hinges AND balls), so if we get 'em in a diorama-esque pose, these could look pretty cool on display. I'm pumped and have made plans to get every single one of them. But now for the question we all want answered -- what'll they look like unmasked? Because I can tell you right now, Berserker's real head paintjob does NOT match the body paint apps that NECA gave him.

When can we expect these in-store? Next few days, or after the movie's released/in conjunction with it?

Last edited:
Looks like Classic is the P1 sculpt form Toy Fair but with the more AVP style long blades in his arm.

The up side is, the production quality looks great and shows a lot of promise for the actual P1 figures and other classic film Predators like Elder and P2.

I'm actually pretty excited about getting these three. I'm glad we're getting the classic Predator sculpt already and don't have to wait until NECA makes the P1 and P2 figures. It's unfortunate that I won't be able to pick these up until after the movie hits, but I'll be checking my local Toys R Us stores for these pretty regularly I'm sure.

I think I'm going to pass on the classic, it just seems to be exactly like the innevitable P1 version will be like, just with those longer blades, which I don't care much for anyway.

I think I'm going to pass on the classic, it just seems to be exactly like the innevitable P1 version will be like, just with those longer blades, which I don't care much for anyway.

I have a feeling that when they release the Predator 1 figure, he's going to have the same blades as that one, just different headsculpts.

Nah, I'm sure they'll go for accurracy, I really think the long ones are just because the Classic needs something to make it different enough from the P1 to justify selling both to consumers. Really, as far as can be seen from trailers and photos so far, there is nothing to distinguish the Classic from P1 besides changing blades and adding some of the blood spots unique to PREDATORS. Looking at the figure, the dreads look short like P1 so they didn't alter that on him. It's just about having one more figure to sell using the molds and pieces from the P1.

Looks like Classic is the P1 sculpt form Toy Fair but with the more AVP style long blades in his arm.

The up side is, the production quality looks great and shows a lot of promise for the actual P1 figures and other classic film Predators like Elder and P2.

I have 3 test shots of these guys and 2 or them are great and the other one is good. P1 turned out better than I could have hoped for and my hope is fans will get paint on theirs like what I have here.
Fingers crossed P2 will be coming soon and larger scale Predator figures. P2 will be a real change to get the head painted nice I think. I'm very happy with the head paint on this P1 test shot.

Kyle, can you confirm if the P1 will come with the correct length blades and not the long AVP styles ones like the classic appears to have?

With all respect to Mr. Windrix (I acknowledge one has to work to a film design) the only one I would be getting is Classic-I love Falconer waist-up but those bizarre leg paint apps. Mr B. is... less said the better. Is anyone aware of why his mask looks so ill detailed?

Wow! these look outstanding! Especially P1! I can't wait to get my hands on these puppies!

If I may ask, Tankman, will this be the only time you will be releasing the open mouth P1 headsculpt or will you be releasing it when the actual P1 figures come out? Thanks!

Guess you're right, they just seemed a bit long when I first looked at the photo.

Maybe I will pick up Classic.

Kyle, can you enlighten as to what, if anything, NECA did to make the Classic be a different figure than the P1?

Kyle, why did NECA decide to have the Classic Predator look like Predator 1 when the picture on the box, to me, looks nothing like what the Predator should look like? The picture has no bicep armor on the left, and it has more of a light tan on the crown.

The figures will probably look great in hand.

I wonder how different P1 will be from classic, probably more variations (closed mandibles, bio)?

Anyway, i will be buying these.

Nah, I'm sure they'll go for accurracy, I really think the long ones are just because the Classic needs something to make it different enough from the P1 to justify selling both to consumers. Really, as far as can be seen from trailers and photos so far, there is nothing to distinguish the Classic from P1 besides changing blades and adding some of the blood spots unique to PREDATORS. Looking at the figure, the dreads look short like P1 so they didn't alter that on him. It's just about having one more figure to sell using the molds and pieces from the P1.

You are forgetting the biggest difference, the classic doesn't have any bone ornamentation like the necklace etc.. P1 has.

Back