NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are forgetting the biggest difference, the classic doesn't have any bone ornamentation like the necklace etc.. P1 has.

That's not a big distinguishing feature TBH. If you put both figures side by side and asked someone to tell the difference the fact that one had a bone necklace/bandolier and one didn't wouldn't make them suddenly be like "Ok those are two completely different figures".

I don't think even most die-hard fans would notice. Up to this point everyone has continually said the "Classic" Pred is exactly like the original.

Then why haven't you noticed or mentioned the fact that the classic Pred doesn't have the same left bicep armor/hose running into the left gauntlet as the P1? :D

Ah, so the blades will be the same for this and the Predator 1 release. I didn't notice the thing about the bone ornament, though. That would be the only thing distinguishing this from the Predator 1 release when it comes out. I wonder if they're going to re-release this same headsculpt for P1 with the bone bandolier or just make the masked and closed mouth versions for that film.

I just dont understand why they went with that bright green for the Falconer. He is NOT that green. He's a very muted dark green, and a very pale chest.

Same with Mr. Black. Very muted spots. Black, green and black. All around.

You are forgetting the biggest difference, the classic doesn't have any bone ornamentation like the necklace etc.. P1 has.

You're right, good spot, I hadn't picked up on that. Now I'm back to thinking of not getting the Classic, I was hoping maybe it'd end up like having the P1 figure ahead of time, but I'll just hold out, not much sense having 2 figures looking nearly identical, I'll have 3 just with the masked and two unmasked versions of the P1 as is.

To me, the dreads on the "classic Pred" in Predators look much longer than the original Pred.

Looking at the photos of the Classic, they're either longer or thinner, but they don't look the same as the P1 to me either.

As someone who's been buying NECA figures since they the company was created, I expect better. When they're on the ball. They are on the ____ing ball. When they miss the mark? Holy ____ do they miss the mark.

I'll take it being missed on PREDATORS figures if it means the P1 stuff coming out awesome. Classic looks nicely painted though.

They all look fine to me. For those worried though, it may just be the lighting from when the pics were taken affecting how you see the figure.

Remember when the pics of the Warrior Alien were released? Everyone was freaking out about "OMG! blue smurf alien!!!" And the paint apps looked perfectly fine in person.

I love how they actually ripped off McF again. McF goes to clamshells...so does NECA. McF goes back to cardback to get away from NECA, and now NECA does cardbacks...lol.

They all look fine to me. For those worried though, it may just be the lighting from when the pics were taken affecting how you see the figure.

Remember when the pics of the Warrior Alien were released? Everyone was freaking out about "OMG! blue smurf alien!!!" And the paint apps looked perfectly fine in person.

That is BRIGHT green. It shouldnt look like that under any lighting.

It's not lighting.

36106_132599160095360_1283369371882.jpg

Nothing else on that figure is anywhere near as bright as that green.

I find the new package style takes away from them seeming like they're higher quality, they look like you'd find a Hasbro figure packaged, I found the clamshell style to carry a sense of class that these nicer figures bring to the table, bad marketing move I think, but maybe they're trying to go for more flash to get better sales.

Cardback saves on cost.

If that's what they need to do, that's what they need to do.

It has nothing to do with what McFarlane did.

Sadly enough, that's exactly what crossed my mind. The first time I saw the packaging, I was like "Whoa, does this mean I can just take a quick two minute trip and get these puppies at Target's toy section?" Then I realized how bad that thought actually is.

Eh, I'll still get 'em. I'm sure that once posed, they'll look amazing. Really, all I want to change is the Berserker's skin color. That's the only thing bugging me, and IMO, it seems like the biggest mistake done. Other than that, they're pretty cool. I'd love to have more NECA Preds, since right now I've got three Aliens from them. The more the merrier, and NECA always seems to deliver in the end for me. We'll have to see. I have high hopes for these, and will still welcome them with anxious arms.

Hey, Kyle. Are we getting unmasked versions of these, too? Can't wait!

Back