NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kaiqfd.jpg

NECA is saying the mask isn't wearable by the Predator. Yet I wonder if a little Poster Putty might do the trick...

looks great, but mite pass, bring on the new wolf predator, alien queen and 1/4 alien warrior.

Last edited:
NECA is saying the mask isn't wearable by the Predator. Yet I wonder if a little Poster Putty might do the trick...

Why bother though. Surely the appeal of it is that it is the mask in isolation by itself. We've had plenty of masked predators.

Why bother though. Surely the appeal of it is that it is the mask in isolation by itself. We've had plenty of masked predators.

Missed out on masked Predator when he came out. Would rather pick this up at Toys-R-Us for retail than buy the masked pred on eBay for scalper's prices.

I still need to pick up Series 9 and I'm still on the fence about Series 9 but that Final Battle set will be swopped up asap.

Both Dutch and Jungle Hunter are looking great.

it still blows my mind that no-one at neca thought that the predator in his final moments crushed under a log would not make a cool fig...

could have given him a dif gauntlet with the blades spread wide to pin Arnold if they had to pack it with dutch. cant understand that logic of a fellow fig collector thinking yeah lets make him look exactly like he did when he is crushed under log cuz that would be fun to play with.

sorry will shut it with the negativity, carry on. :) do think the dutch looks awesome and wants.

Youre right. And its bad that the Predator figure have this bloody face. This blood looks so silly.

Youre right. And its bad that the Predator figure have this bloody face. This blood looks so silly.

You know there are other Predator figures without the blood on them, right?

Personally I think it looks great.:peace

You will probably have to sand down the mask a little bit, Or you might even have to find a way to remove the mandibles, You could Totally ruin the figure,

But if somehow you were able to do this, it could work. I don't know how the mandibles are attached but you could tell there is a seam there, Like they are a separate piece. Again, you could destroy the face.
but for the mask to work, you might need to alter either the mask or the face a little bit

You will probably have to sand down the mask a little bit, Or you might even have to find a way to remove the mandibles, You could Totally ruin the figure,

But if somehow you were able to do this, it could work. I don't know how the mandibles are attached but you could tell there is a seam there, Like they are a separate piece. Again, you could destroy the face.
but for the mask to work, you might need to alter either the mask or the face a little bit

Well, if the head were dunked in near boiling water, the top pincers could be smushed inward, then held in place until they cooled before being set in the freezer for a few minutes. That might be enough depending on the thickness of the mask.

But really, I was thinking more along the lines of, "I wonder how awkward the mask would look sitting on top of the face held in place with a little poster putty. Perhaps it would look fine from a distance (like the Hot Toys AniCom Scar) or perhaps the mask is too thick and the mandibles too great and it would look like crap."

All in all, if I were to have only one classic Predator, the closed mouth sculpt would be my choice. I wouldn't trade it for a masked version. But I am curious about that mask.

Well, if the head were dunked in near boiling water, the top pincers could be smushed inward, then held in place until they cooled before being set in the freezer for a few minutes. That might be enough depending on the thickness of the mask.

But really, I was thinking more along the lines of, "I wonder how awkward the mask would look sitting on top of the face held in place with a little poster putty. Perhaps it would look fine from a distance (like the Hot Toys AniCom Scar) or perhaps the mask is too thick and the mandibles too great and it would look like crap."

All in all, if I were to have only one classic Predator, the closed mouth sculpt would be my choice. I wouldn't trade it for a masked version. But I am curious about that mask.

If you do put the mask on top of the face, please take a pic.

If the mask can be fixed on top of the face this set would be a must buy for me. I Would love to see what you do with it.

Back