NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
90d9ad.jpg

I've got no problem with that being the SDCC exclusive.

Just don't make my AVP preds hard to find!

Sorry, but I think you're wrong. Harrigan deserves to be made just as much as Dutch. Sure his character isn't as iconic, but he was the main protagonist in the film. They're not doing a Harrigan because of likeness issues. Not because it "won't sell". No matter what they say. And Sarah Connor was mentioned because its the same situation with the terminator lines. Why would you not make one of the main characters? You're buying too much into the whole "it may or may not sell" story. I'm sorry but that's nonsense. There have been countless figures from NECA that have not sold over the years, yet they still have the resources to make stuff that everybody wants to buy.

The "wouldn't sell well" reason should not be so easily dismissed. Sure every NECA figure hasn't been a success, there's bound to be failures but there's figures they expect to do well and just fail an ones they can feel will fail before they even start. They're no going to waste resources on figures they don't think will sell, they've even made comments that certain figures will depend on the success of others. NECA isn't like to feel a Harrigan worth it, they're not fools, they know his importance to the movie but that alone doesn't ensure good sales. They have to look at what makes an appealing figure too and if something does 't feel like it they'll pass, they've been very successful as a company and have a good read on the market by now.

The thing that really gets me is that NECA makes figures for collectors. Their target consumers are not children. You're really going to tell me that a Harrigan wouldn't sell to the fans? I won't believe that. Harrigan would sell just as much as Dutch did. The fans bought them all up, not the little kids that go into the toy store looking for a quick toy fix. The Predator line has been successful because of the fans of the movies.

Seriously, I'd never buy a Harrigan figure, and I'm as big a Predator fan as everyone here. He's just not an interesting character, figure wise. He's just a black dude in a funny looking suit with a pistol. What's great about that? I love the guy but on my shelf it would look boring.

Arnie on the hand is different. First of all, he is the freakin' Arnie, he has a presence about himself that is hard to match. Then, he is dressed as a freakin' army dude and has an M16 (I think that's the one, I cant remember anything about the guns in that movie right now), and even more, he has a cigar in his mouth. That is coolness all around man. 80's freaking coolness.

I'd love if they released Dillon with twin MP5 or Uzis or whatever he was carrying when P1 killed him.

"Arnie on the other hand is different. He's dressed as an army dude"

:rotfl:lol:lol:lol:rotfl :slap Yeah, cause you know, figures of army guys are so rare. :lol

Harrigan > Dutch

NECA needs to get to it.

Wolf's a cool design and should be done again, yes NECA did him already, but the articulation was horrible and the overall figure subpar to today's Predators and I think he's a better design than any AVP Predator.

Yeah, the previous Wolf's torso always bugged me. I would by a new one. And probably Chopper, Celtic and Scar.

Wolf's a cool design and should be done again, yes NECA did him already, but the articulation was horrible and the overall figure subpar to today's Predators and I think he's a better design than any AVP Predator.
I actually think the paint app on the wolf figure is better than any predator they've made so far.

blog_neca_wolf_masked.jpg

FIGopen.jpg

avp_s2_face_2.jpg

e8e555c2bf.jpg

Pretty sure NECA have done this...

And I know they have, cause I got Masked and Unmasked Open Mouth.

I seriously HATE that pose they gave him.

One of the biggest wtf? moments from NECA for me. he might as well be a little statue,
this is just like when McFarlane used to do figures in poses...
I will never understand why they did Wolf with that weird contorted pose like that.
I would seriously love to know why they make it that way...

The thing that really gets me is that NECA makes figures for collectors. Their target consumers are not children. You're really going to tell me that a Harrigan wouldn't sell to the fans?

:goodpost:

Hey NECA The C in NEca is for collectibles! Not Children!

I'd def buy a Harrigan.

If they can put out human Grindhouse figures why not this?

I seriously HATE that pose they gave him.

One of the biggest wtf? moments from NECA for me. he might as well be a little statue,
this is just like when McFarlane used to do figures in poses...
I will never understand why they did Wolf with that weird contorted pose like that.
I would seriously love to know why they make it that way...

If you think that pose is contorted you should see the Legendary Scale Figure pose from ADI lol.
Seriously the Neca fig is just standing there not contorted at all compared to the LSF.
I actually prefer posed figures with little articulation but hey I'm a statue collector first lol. I know I'm a minority in the figure forums.

Last edited:
Back