NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I'm well aware of its use here at SSF for some time now, I just decided to comment because I've nothing else to do having not got anything new for Christmas. :monkey2:lol

you didn't get any presents?

Well...just wait until breakdancing and parachute pants reach you guys. :wave

And I feel for you guys when grunge rock and gangster rap finally makes it your way.

Hahahaha

I prefer saying Gnarly, or Brutal, I say Brutal all the time: "that is so brutal paint job you did there"
but I say sick a lot too,

you didn't get any presents?

Hahahaha

I prefer saying Gnarly, or Brutal, I say Brutal all the time: "that is so brutal paint job you did there"
but I say sick a lot too,

I was only jokingly looking for sympathy. I don't actually do presents at Xmas anymore, nor does my family, since I spoil myself for the whole rest of the year. Of course on the day itself I always feel a tiny bit of regret at not keeping anything to open for the 25th.

And again - 'Brutal' is something I would use to describe something terrible and horrific. Whats with these adjectives coming to mean the exact opposite of their real meaning??!

"Stellar"..ftw

After staring at my unmasked P2 for a while, I'm starting to not mind the paint apps at all..this sculpt is just so beautiful.

Really wish NECA would just make him in 1/4 scale..that would be incredible, and the paint would be improved of course..the only real problem I can see is with the joints.
Mine are already VERY loose..I don't think a 1/4 would last more than a day without some new way to keep them more tight.

I was only jokingly looking for sympathy. I don't actually do presents at Xmas anymore, nor does my family, since I spoil myself for the whole rest of the year. Of course on the day itself I always feel a tiny bit of regret at not keeping anything to open for the 25th.

And again - 'Brutal' is something I would use to describe something terrible and horrific. Whats with these adjectives coming to mean the exact opposite of their real meaning??!
LOL
because something is so amazing is complete brutality! :rock I guess for me it started with heavy metal since metal is hard and has "brutal" lyrics, lol I guess is more of a metalhead thing but i keep using it lol
Brutal:
if referring to a person, a total badass, doesn't care what others think, just out there, with the truth and themselves even if it means getting put down for it... or like some rad hardcore s__, great metal ..brutal.
born of osiris is f___ brutal

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=brutal

all I got for Xmas was socks, and a glue stick lol
my family doesnt do gifts either

"Stellar"..ftw
After staring at my unmasked P2 for a while, I'm starting to not mind the paint apps at all..this sculpt is just so beautiful.

Really wish NECA would just make him in 1/4 scale..that would be incredible, and the paint would be improved of course..the only real problem I can see is with the joints.
Mine are already VERY loose..I don't think a 1/4 would last more than a day without some new way to keep them more tight.

Having P2 19inches would be a huge dream come true.

I really NEED P2 Inches to come out, not even a dream anymore, after seeing how this one turned out and after seeing Gort (poser) in 19 inches...
Seriously this needs to happen, like Now! :gah:

Last edited:
More Terminator and if it were up to me I'd want T1. T2 mini gun would rule too.

...its the Pescadero T2 isn't it. I have a feeling you're not getting your way on that one and its neither a T1 or a Cyberdyne T2. From T2, yeah my choice would be the cyberdyne showdown figure. From T1, hmmm, either look really.

NECA needs to do human figures like Kyle Reese, any of the colonial marines. or human characters from the predator series. they keep producing the creatures, which is awesome, but they need to broaden their figures. I mean how awesome would it be to have a Reese or Hicks paired with these Aliens? or a john connor from T2 wound look awesome! i would even be in more Hartigan

NECA needs to do human figures like Kyle Reese, any of the colonial marines. or human characters from the predator series. they keep producing the creatures, which is awesome, but they need to broaden their figures. I mean how awesome would it be to have a Reese or Hicks paired with these Aliens? or a john connor from T2 wound look awesome! i would even be in more Hartigan

someone said NECA cannot do humans from Predator when I Asked this
:dunno

It has been already discussed so many times, licensing is the only reason NECA havent done the human characters, they have said that if by chance they do manage to obtain a permit, they will probably ONLY do Dutch.

It has been already discussed so many times, licensing is the only reason NECA havent done the human characters, they have said that if by chance they do manage to obtain a permit, they will probably ONLY do Dutch.

So they're not bothering to actively pursue any likeness rights to actors in these films. Its frustrating that crappy fad-type movies that don't have aliens and robots in them get human figures made. Simply because these films have more obvious, eye catching creatures in them, seems to rule out the human characters from consideration - despite the fact that its Arnie, Jesse Ventura, Danny Glover and a bunch of cool looking space marines all with huge guns. I wonder if these were computer games would those same type of characters get figures made.

Anyway I got my series 4 today much to my surprise. Theres life in the Irish postal system before New years as it turns out. Visually they're actually quite a treat in person. Its when you study them right up close that you see all the paint issues like the netting not actually painted onto the designated sculpted areas as Larja pointed out, the P2's body stripes not matching the colour of the stripes on his limbs etc. Still, when you walk past the shelf and look at them its not something you'll see. When the Losties are all done its going to be a great display.

Last edited:
So they're not bothering to actively pursue any likeness rights to actors in these films. Its frustrating that crappy fad-type movies that don't have aliens and robots in them get human figures made. Simply because these films have more obvious, eye catching creatures in them, seems to rule out the human characters from consideration - despite the fact that its Arnie, Jesse Ventura, Danny Glover and a bunch of cool looking space marines all with huge guns. I wonder if these were computer games would those same type of characters get figures made.

See the issue is bigger than that, from what I realised by their explanation, these are VERY old licenses and likeness and other rights in those days werent signed off with the merchandise like movies are right now. Hunting down who owns who and paying likeness and license separately is not very commercially viable, to recover that kinda money the human figures will probably have to sell way more than the Predator ones.

Also NECA does believe that the creatures are the main stay of the movie, not the human characters... I can see hardcore completists and a little more serious fans buying Dutch and his team and Harrigan, but what about the rest of the TRU crowd?

Its the same reason you dont see a teenage John Connor in the T2 line.
All hopes are actually on the Terminator line as NECA said that if it sells well, they will make a Kyle Reese. And the future of this Predator line is in question after 2013 after all the losties are done.

well the mail has run, and my masked predator city hunter is finally in the house, i lov it, the paint is a little better than what's on my unmasked city hunter.
now maybe in a few months a joe dunaway paint job ,to top it off.
the cammo berserker looks cool, but still don't care for it.

Last edited:
Back