NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally broke down and got another 22" Alien today. it was clearanced down to $30 and i figured i'd be wanting it when my preds show up in the spring. this time i'm keeping it in an acrylic case so it won't topple over and crack the dome like my first one did. it wouldn't have hurt if NECA just included a goddamn stand for it.

finally broke down and got another 22" Alien today. it was clearanced down to $30 and i figured i'd be wanting it when my preds show up in the spring. this time i'm keeping it in an acrylic case so it won't topple over and crack the dome like my first one did. it wouldn't have hurt if NECA just included a goddamn stand for it.

Where'd you find it for $30?

Yeah... 22" Alien figure with those only skinny feet to stand on. Not exactly the most balanced figure in the world. I'm pumped for the 1/4 Pred though, because if it's anything like the 7" in terms of poseability, those ball-jointed ankles will give him a lot of added security. Assuming they're not ridiculously loose, in which case ball-joints could be an issue.

Even if the 18" Predator were a statue, the creature's design just had a better weight balance. The ALIEN is all top, the only way the 18" version would really stand well consistently would be if they'd worked some way for the top to be lighter and more weight in the legs to support it. Predator should stand no matter what.

Even if the 18" Predator were a statue, the creature's design just had a better weight balance. The ALIEN is all top, the only way the 18" version would really stand well consistently would be if they'd worked some way for the top to be lighter and more weight in the legs to support it. Predator should stand no matter what.
it has peg holes in the feet. do you remember when McFarlane sold packs of stands for their figures? i have my 8" alien on one. in fact all of my NECA figures are on McF stands. NECA may have better sculpts, but at least McF knew how gravity works and provided stands and even nice little display cases for their figures. some came with diorama stands. i'm really missing those days now.

NECA's actually done some stands with figures, though they're very inconsistent, seems like more often they don't. Some of the AVPR figures came with them.

FINALLY wrenched my Tracker's right elbow joint free. I got a small pair of scissors and tried to peel away some of the pain in the cracks. Also tried swiveling the forearm around and bending from that direction. I kept my fingers as close as possible to the joint, otherwise I probably would have broken the thing. Well, he's fine now. But really, these suckers are severely plugged-up. I really shouldn't have to do this, and even after I worked some of the paint out with my scissors, it was still a struggle.

I haven't unstuck any of the joints on mine yet. Next time I'm working with boiling water on something I'll grab them and just immerse them all. I can't remember which ones are problematic, probably all of them.

I haven't unstuck any of the joints on mine yet. Next time I'm working with boiling water on something I'll grab them and just immerse them all. I can't remember which ones are problematic, probably all of them.

I'll probably do the same. Next time I'm cooking some ramen, I'll dunk my Predators in before throwing in the noodles.

I'll probably do the same. Next time I'm cooking some ramen, I'll dunk my Predators in before throwing in the noodles.
keep in mind these things are painted in China. you might be better off not using the same water you make your food with.

You guys really thought I'd eat ramen out of Predator water? :lol I fear I haven't made a very good impression here.

I believe that some people may be very intelligent, but lack common sense, sometimes.

That is true. I do like a good bowl of ramen now and again, but I keep food and Predators separate as a general rule. If they made Predator fruit snacks or something, that would definitely change.

Ramen is my favorite breakfast meal. I eat the Oriental flavor every morning before school. Predator fruit snacks would rock my world! I can't make them, so don't ask. :lol

you might as well try it. i for one would like to hear what cadmium-flavored ramen tastes like.

Back