NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost almost all interest in the 7 inch line once the 1/4 scale line was announced, but I am soooooo stoked for the 1/4 scale :)

They are in the process of sculpting one.

And it will kill the MC toys piece of junk. That piece was very poorly sculpted and art directed. We all we're looking at it the other day laughing how bad it is. Not one part of it is accurate at all and the paint is really not good.

Went to Things From Another World (damn, I love livin' in Oregon). I called them ahead of time to see if they had any of the Series 2 figures, and they said they only had Tracker. I was cool with that, and went over to pick him up. I also found the masked Classic there and the cashier told me he saw it shortly after our conversation over the phone. Huh, luck was on my side today.

They only had one Classic and he looked decent, no problems I could tell (and he turned out fine). They had two Trackers. Here's where my choice got really simple. One of them had a bent tusk, a paint splotch on one of the tusks, and a shoulder cannon that was warped as hell. The other was awesome, far as I saw. Took 'em home and opened them. I managed to take care of all the stuck joints on Classic with some force. Same with Tracker, except for his right elbow. Still haven't fixed that; it's jammed with paint.

Verdict: Tracker looks gorgeous, especially with Falconer. Those two are easily the money-makers so far. Out of the Super-Pred trio, Berserker is the only one who falls flat because of that horrid paintjob (I need to buy the unmasked version to fix it). As far as Classic goes, I wasn't surprised with the way he looked and felt. Paint job is nothing special (and here's the punchline -- they painted the undersides of the top dread rings only), but at least he looks good from a distance (unlike my Berserker). Somewhat decently-painted figure that's a lot of fun. The main thing I like about him is the ball-jointed ankles. LOVE the range of motion on those babies. I can achieve almost any pose thanks to them. However, the darn boots on the others makes this sort of thing impossible. One last thought: great paint job on the Classic's eye. I have no idea why they painted the unmasked figures' eyes the way they did, but on masked Classic, they look way different. More accurate colors, and better quality too. Strange, yet nice.

In the end, they're okay. Honestly, Series 3 is the main ass-kicker here. Can't wait to see what 7" P1 would've looked like with the right paint. And P2 Elder... damn, he'll be awesome.
Besides that, the 1/4 P1 and the eventual Series 4 (with a P2 hopefully) will be exactly what NECA collectors/Predator fans need.

PS: Kyle, even with that crappy-okay paintjob, your sculpt still shines through. I can't stop picturing how it would look with the finishing it deserves. :rock

Last edited:
And it will kill the MC toys piece of junk. That piece was very poorly sculpted and art directed. We all we're looking at it the other day laughing how bad it is. Not one part of it is accurate at all and the paint is really not good.

Just promise us you'll pump up the packaging so the spear doesn't get warped. P2 needs his main weapon (besides the smart disc) in perfect condish, unlike McF's.

It really was/is and I'm not just saying that to be in the good books of NECAs sculptor or something like that - its an objective fact - McFarlane's P2 is awful. Somehow I thought it was salvageable all those years ago but it just isn't. The head alone is a disaster area. Truth be told it won't be hard for NECA to beat it but I'm sure you'll do more than enough to consign McFarlanes one to the garbage....not that I'll throw mine out, it'll stay for toy-historical purposes.

It really was/is and I'm not just saying that to be in the good books of NECAs sculptor or something like that - its an objective fact - McFarlane's P2 is awful. Somehow I thought it was salvageable all those years ago but it just isn't. The head alone is a disaster area. Truth be told it won't be hard for NECA to beat it but I'm sure you'll do more than enough to consign McFarlanes one to the garbage....not that I'll throw mine out, it'll stay for toy-historical purposes.

The thing that really got me was the entire disrespect the head of sculpting had about Stan Winston and his guys work. I was told I wouldn't get to rough out P2 out because I would make it look like the movie and was told the movie sculpture was done poorly. Talk about a slap in the face to P2 fans, Kevin Peter Hall and Stan Winston. Oh well the time is coming to give fans what they want and I hope P2 fans will enjoy our work. I'm now glad it went down that way because we have another chance at this great Predator. The new Factory sent us the first test shots of the 18 inch P1 and I'm hoping P2 ends up in the same place. This P1 test shot is a dream come true and fans are in for a huge treat with these figures.

Any idea when we'll get to see some of those 1/4 P1 test shots? We saw the paintmaster pics of the gauntlet and cannon backpack, but the real moments of truth would be the head and chest.

As for the P2 dilemma with McF, the movie sculpt was fantastic! Plenty of reference pics all over the web that prove it. Also crossing fingers for P2 in 1/4 (possible P2 Elder as well). If these are handled well, they could put NECA in completely new territory and become the definitive P1 and P2 figures.

It's awesome just picturing it all. Fingers crossed the new factory will give us some gold.

Went to Things From Another World (damn, I love livin' in Oregon). I called them ahead of time to see if they had any of the Series 2 figures, and they said they only had Tracker. I was cool with that, and went over to pick him up. I also found the masked Classic there and the cashier told me he saw it shortly after our conversation over the phone. Huh, luck was on my side today.

They only had one Classic and he looked decent, no problems I could tell (and he turned out fine). They had two Trackers. Here's where my choice got really simple. One of them had a bent tusk, a paint splotch on one of the tusks, and a shoulder cannon that was warped as hell. The other was awesome, far as I saw. Took 'em home and opened them. I managed to take care of all the stuck joints on Classic with some force. Same with Tracker, except for his right elbow. Still haven't fixed that; it's jammed with paint.

Verdict: Tracker looks gorgeous, especially with Falconer. Those two are easily the money-makers so far. Out of the Super-Pred trio, Berserker is the only one who falls flat because of that horrid paintjob (I need to buy the unmasked version to fix it). As far as Classic goes, I wasn't surprised with the way he looked and felt. Paint job is nothing special (and here's the punchline -- they painted the undersides of the top dread rings only), but at least he looks good from a distance (unlike my Berserker). Somewhat decently-painted figure that's a lot of fun. The main thing I like about him is the ball-jointed ankles. LOVE the range of motion on those babies. I can achieve almost any pose thanks to them. However, the darn boots on the others makes this sort of thing impossible. One last thought: great paint job on the Classic's eye. I have no idea why they painted the unmasked figures' eyes the way they did, but on masked Classic, they look way different. More accurate colors, and better quality too. Strange, yet nice.

In the end, they're okay. Honestly, Series 3 is the main ass-kicker here. Can't wait to see what 7" P1 would've looked like with the right paint. And P2 Elder... damn, he'll be awesome.
Besides that, the 1/4 P1 and the eventual Series 4 (with a P2 hopefully) will be exactly what NECA collectors/Predator fans need.

PS: Kyle, even with that crappy-okay paintjob, your sculpt still shines through. I can't stop picturing how it would look with the finishing it deserves. :rock

Thanks a lot and it really does suck when the factory just rushes out crap and we see this stuff in the store and I feel like crying or being really pissed. I'm think my dream figure 19inch P1 is going to be great at least.
I wish the paint was always great but the figures are cheap and it's hard to make sure all the figures come out the same. I think things should be a lot better on the up coming Predator lines.

Any idea when we'll get to see some of those 1/4 P1 test shots? We saw the paintmaster pics of the gauntlet and cannon backpack, but the real moments of truth would be the head and chest.

As for the P2 dilemma with McF, the movie sculpt was fantastic! Plenty of reference pics all over the web that prove it. Also crossing fingers for P2 in 1/4 (possible P2 Elder as well). If these are handled well, they could put NECA in completely new territory and become the definitive P1 and P2 figures.

It's awesome just picturing it all. Fingers crossed the new factory will give us some gold.

I've got P1 right here in front of me and the body is outstanding. I really couldn't be happier really. I was worried about him standing because he is heavy and bad to the bone. The head needs some work and we're on it and it will be great I think. 80 bucks is nothing for this guy and like you I'm thinking if only we get a P2 like this. This P1 figure is by far our best figure we've done and I'm hoping the new factory won't pull any BS like the other factory. I can't get over how cool this thing is. As far as P2 goes fans can at least feel good I hope that a big P2 fan is trying to make sure P2 is a very good P2 likeness. Mc toys head of sculpting didn't give a crap at all about it. That was one of the things that made me say OK I'm history from this place because I knew the things fans loved most got the half ass treatment. Not good.

Awesome! I really dig the extra muscle detail on the 1/4's body too. Plus all the little hairs and quills. It just goes to show how much more detail you can pack on a bigger figure. That and the fact that we're getting real netting. With the Alien, this wasn't really the case, since the only change when they scaled it up was in paint apps. P1, however... man, I can't wait! So glad NECA greenlit the project.

Tankman, we're all excited about this P1 Predator but we're also all wondering if the netting on the promo shots is what the final netting will look like?

classicpredators.jpg

Well, that masked Classic looks like ____! Nothing against you man it is just showing how the old factory failed.

A little unclean but what you except from this scale, a perfect paint-job ? lol

Uh, look at the two Predators next to each other, the one on the right looks way worse than the one on the left. That is proof that a figure of this scale can look good. And didn't you just get banned? Maybe it is just a bad hunch but I think some fanboy of NECA was just banned and I think it was his second account and now I think you are his third account.

You are really so stupid ? Man, size of my finger with million details ! Of course there are fluctuations

Back