NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, these are awesome figures and I am thankful that Neca made them.

IMG_1581.jpg

Shopping in Thailand. Found myself a nice t-shirt yesterday.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1469438339735.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1469438339735.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 134
Thought I'd share a few photos I took before becoming a member here:

Wc6e1fbl.png

Mo0cTgHl.png

hwPqyCZl.png

47Q7Egsl.jpg

jsZDDa1l.jpg

Sad that the line is all but dead. Instead, we'll get more Divergent figures and other things nobody asked for. :(

Man I remember these pictures J! Makes me even sadder that this line is dead. :(

I was waiting for NECA to release a 7-inch George Taylor figure, but that appears unlikely. So I have a question about the 8-inch George Taylor figure:

Will the prices of the 8-inch Taylor go up because it's discontinued---or will the prices go down because maybe there's a glut of them on the market?

Here's a blast from the past! I've just managed to get hold of an SDCC 3 pack for an amazing price, which has provided me with an extra Aldo body, I have another Ursus on the way, so I'm almost at the Urko custom stage......Question for those in the know...... do the Neca ape heads just pop off, or do they need to be put in boiling water first? I'm reluctant to try anything without advice......

I absolutely loved this line! Was sad to see it canceled. I hope NECA goes after the Star Trek license some day and repurposes their Apes molds for figures from the Star Trek & Planet of the Apes cross over comics.

This was a great line, I too am sad to see it go.

Oxnard, you can just pull off the heads.

IMG_6972_Stickman_Neca_Apes_1.jpg

Last edited:
Love the likeness on that mego style figure.... I'd love one of the online casters to shrink it to be compatible with the 7" figures. I could just let the line rest. I'd also love to make a generic human, but finding a base body is next to impossible. It can't be wearing much, which just basically leaves you with WWE bodies, and they're all too 'ripped'...... Ah.. I'll keep looking. Anyone else able to suggest an appropriate donor body?

I absolutely loved this line! Was sad to see it canceled. I hope NECA goes after the Star Trek license some day and repurposes their Apes molds for figures from the Star Trek & Planet of the Apes cross over comics.

DST/AA Trek figures are close to NECA scale

Oxnard After seeing Sybeck1's Klingon Kor I searched ebay and found this picture of him next to Khan, This might make for a nice substitute for an ANSA Taylor, with a few modifications of course.
s-l500.jpg

The MEzco line at 6" is a little short compared to the Neca Apes but that AA Klingon Kor looks great, I need him! The prices on ebay and amazon are crazy, $50 for that figure! What the...???

Stickman%20IMG_4240.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

I like Kang even better!

Here is NECA compared to DST Trek along with Black series

DST vs Mezco

Stay tuned! I am working on this DST shuttlecraft!

Every time I see that proto I die a little inside.... it was beautiful. I'll also never understand why Neca never did Taylor in the 7" line. They always claimed 'humans don't sell' but I know of at least a couple of people that never even started buying the line because of no Chuck being made....

Back