NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys I had some time to work on my diorama so I thought I'd share a few photos.Once I was finished with the grey primer coat I then dry brushed the whol thing white as you can see in the first photo. The 2nd photo I have used some makeup foam things I bought and I'm using those to mix the gray and Dab it on and give it That rock look.the project is nearing completion so hopefully soon will be the the model in all its glory! Enjoy!

Hey guys I had some time to work on my diorama so I thought I'd share a few photos.Once I was finished with the grey primer coat I then dry brushed the whol thing white as you can see in the first photo. The 2nd photo I have used some makeup foam things I bought and I'm using those to mix the gray and Dab it on and give it That rock look.the project is nearing completion so hopefully soon will be the the model in all its glory! Enjoy!

Great job.

Here is the bundle for series 3. Atleast they are single carded inside one large box. It won't effect anyones MOC display.
Man I hope this line survives. According to Neca via Twitter, series 3 will be available at Toys R Us in very limited amounts.

Thanks for the photos Jayrod. According to NECA this bundle will be out in July. Awesome to know the figures will be in individual packaging. This will make great if people wanna sell the figures separately after market. Well better start saving up now!

Nice that they're individual boxes at least. I'll definitely look for them at Hastings.

Here is the bundle for series 3. Atleast they are single carded inside one large box. It won't effect anyones MOC display.
Man I hope this line survives. According to Neca via Twitter, series 3 will be available at Toys R Us in very limited amounts.

So only a Toys R Is Exclusive

Holy Gorilla fun! That is an amazing diorama Matt. I'm glad I stopped in today, that is going to look so awesome filled with gorillas. Maybe by wave 6 we'll get some mutants!? :wink1::pray:

Another sad Monkey Monday... this time it's a wax sculpt of Galen with this foreboding caption:

IMG_0962.JPG

"A wax in progress for this #monkeymonday. Galen from our TV themed wave which may not see the light of day"

Okay Randy... you can go back to using the words "potential figure"... please.

Last edited:
I dont get it! If NECA is so unsure about this line why are there so many figures in protoype stages! I mean if this line is on hiatus, why are there still people working on figures and stuff if there never gonna come out? Sounds like a waste of resources to me?

I dont get it! If NECA is so unsure about this line why are there so many figures in protoype stages! I mean if this line is on hiatus, why are there still people working on figures and stuff if there never gonna come out? Sounds like a waste of resources to me?

I agree, this is one of the main figures I was hoping for. There has been a bunch of various Cornelius figures released through out the years, I wish this would have been in the first series. Just can't believe this line is on it's way out, I would have thought there would be a lot more die hards out there buying these.

You get the impression from listening to Randy from NECA that this line of figures is VERY close to his heart. And I think that the line's lack of solid sales took him by surprise as well. When the line was announced, Randy said that they planned to go DEEP in the series so I'm assuming that he had several figures in the pipeline way before before the line stalled.

And again, who is to say how old that picture of the Galen sculpt is. In a recent post on Twitter, Randy said that there is currently no new figures are being developed so I'm assuming it's not a recent picture.

All we can do now is wait... save our money... then buy as many wave three figures you can. I have someone going to SDCC this year who will pick me up a couple at their booth. And I'm planning on buying a few at Toys R Us as well. Gotta do my part in keeping the line alive.

Heck, with all the extra bandoliers I'll get from the Aldo figures perhaps I can put them on the Infantry two-pack apes. And maybe I'll build myself a custom Urko using Aldo parts and a General Ursus head.

Last edited:
who is to say how old that picture of the Galen sculpt is.

Good point, I didn't consider that... Your right on buying as many as we can all afford too, maybe we may get as far as series 4 at least?

Back