NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOLY CRAP!!!!! Has anyone seen the NECA Twitter yet for monkey monday!!! Conquest orangutan! On the down side it's another "potential" future figure.

Yes just saw it and oh my I'm excited!!! Just crossing my fingers! Conquest Orangutan!!!

To be honest, I don't think we will see that figure get produced.

And on a sad note, Randy was asked on the NECA Twitter page if we are going to see a Taylor or Nova from the line and he said that their is no current plans on those figures or any other humans. The final nail in the coffin.

I dont bother to get series 3 Im done with this line. It was great line and I still wish to get Taylor figure even though it looks very unlikely well you can always hope. This line is so stupid without any humans.

I still have hope for this line. I'll wait for a SDCC reveal/ interview. That may change my outlook.

I'm sure humans are in the works discussion wise. Look how long it took to swerve Sagorney Weaver for a Ripley figure.

I can't see NECA spending all the time, money and effort to get to any human characters when this line is probably on it's last legs. What we are getting are some clever variants with reused and repainted parts, though none beyond the next 3 are guaranteed. I'm sure Randy and the crew would love to keep this going but they need retailers to step up and the sales numbers just probably aren't there.

Why are we talking last legs after only series 2 in our hands? How is it that the Predator Line is surviving after rehash after retool after retro. I finished that line after the last series of "Lost Predators". Now I wait for their AVP line.

You guys should really check out the NECA Twitter page. Randy is commenting all the time about the current status of the line.
Right after the AMAZING Monkey Monday reveal Randy had an exchange with a couple of POTA fans that went something like this:

Paul Robinson: WOW. If this line doesn't continue, looking back at past #MonkeyMonday tweets is going to be the most torturous "what if?" ever.

Randy: Yep, but everyone wanted to see what else we had completed & how committed I am to the line. Loads of work completed.

Matt Stein A line I will hate to see end. have some great figures & a statue. Will have a special spot in my collection for a long time.

Randy: Don't put the nails in yet. I don't give up & if the S3 plan works that we can break even I'll get more out there.

Matt Stein: Noted, nails back in the pocket! I needs mo POTA. you can tell there is love in those things.

Randy: Major ❤️. A line I always wanted to do justice to. Proud of what we've accomplished but want to release more.

So if we really want the line to continue, we need to AGGRESSIVELY buy the Series 3 3-Pack! And if you can swing it, buy MULTIPLES of them!

Because, sadly, Predator movies are more recent, and therefore have a larger and more current following. Classic POTA figures would have been big 30 - 40 years ago (maybe even 20). Today, they are for a very small niche market, and box store retailers aren't going to devote space to something only a select few are going to get, not to mention they are WAY over-priced for box stores. They have overhead, shareholders and slews of other things that cost real money for them, and the mark-up against profit margin is probably not enough to justify carrying these. Keep ordering online, that is about the only way you'll keep this line going.

I can't see NECA spending all the time, money and effort to get to any human characters when this line is probably on it's last legs. What we are getting are some clever variants with reused and repainted parts, though none beyond the next 3 are guaranteed. I'm sure Randy and the crew would love to keep this going but they need retailers to step up and the sales numbers just probably aren't there.

The only thing that still baffles me is the fact that they released the Retro Taylor with an astonishing Heston Sculpt. They obviously already have the likeness rights, and very probably a digital scan for the sculpt too, It ought to be relatively cheap. It just smells to me like someone at neca either doesnt like Taylor and/or Heston and is blocking the figure...... Its the one single character this line cannot do without......

The Retro Taylor is a bit strange in that regards. I wonder if they have likeness rights for that scale/format but not for the 6-7" action figures.

I thought the reason why they did a Taylor in the retro style is that the old MEGO line never had a decent astronaut to go with the Apes... now they do.

But I always thought we would get a Taylor to go with the regular line... eventually.

Guess not.

I thought the reason why they did a Taylor in the retro style is that the old MEGO line never had a decent astronaut to go with the Apes... now they do.

But I always thought we would get a Taylor to go with the regular line... eventually.

Guess not.
So now we will have no classic astronaut with out classic line. Makes sense.

Can anyone agree with me on, seeing the conquest orangutan I wish NECA would hold off and add that figure to the three pack! A conquest 3pk... I'm telling to that would sell like hotcakes! I think Aldo is going to hurt the selling of the 3pack. Not to say he's bad or anything but he's not a figure to army build with.

I totally agree. No toy company has EVER made a conquest orangutan! Medicom only made vinyl figures for the chimp and gorilla... it would be historic!

However, if there is to be another 3 pack, we might need that orangutan to help boost multiple sales.

I really hope that S3 sells enough... whatever that number might be. I would hate to see this line die so soon.

Meanwhile, their Predator line celebrates it's 14th wave!

I totally agree. No toy company has EVER made a conquest orangutan! Medicom only made vinyl figures for the chimp and gorilla... it would be historic!

However, if there is to be another 3 pack, we might need that orangutan to help boost multiple sales.

I really hope that S3 sells enough... whatever that number might be. I would hate to see this line die so soon.

Meanwhile, their Predator line celebrates it's 14th wave!

I plan on buying 2 3 packs. The Second Aldo will get a face repaint.

I just want this line to strive. The possibilites are endless.
We could have a mini wavr of kid Orangoutangs, Gorillas, and Chimps. Suited Zira and Cornelias from Escape Planet of the Apes. Dr. Chimps, background Apes, Background Humans with swap out heads.

Bleeding Lawgiver.

Mutants.

Nova and a Horse with Bright Eyes.

Surgery Astornaught.
Mummified Astronaught.

Female Chimps. I could go on and on.

I think the issue is, Neca supporters only want Aliens, Predators, and Terminator. At this point, as long as I get everything thats been shown, I'll be happy. It would kill me to see things I can't ever own.

I plan on buying 2 3 packs. The Second Aldo will get a face repaint.

I just want this line to strive. The possibilites are endless.
We could have a mini wavr of kid Orangoutangs, Gorillas, and Chimps. Suited Zira and Cornelias from Escape Planet of the Apes. Dr. Chimps, background Apes, Background Humans with swap out heads.

Bleeding Lawgiver.

Mutants.

Nova and a Horse with Bright Eyes.

Surgery Astornaught.
Mummified Astronaught.

Female Chimps. I could go on and on.

I think the issue is, Neca supporters only want Aliens, Predators, and Terminator. At this point, as long as I get everything thats been shown, I'll be happy. It would kill me to see things I can't ever own.

I agree that the Conquest Orangutan would have been the better choice to include in a wave three 3-pack than Aldo. With that said, we still have to work with what is, instead what should be. If the 3-packs of Ceasar, Aldo and Conquest Gorilla are the only way to go than I hope fans will buy at least 3 sets: two to open and one to save sealed as a collectible. For the second set, the heads of Aldo and the Conquest Gorilla could be swapped to create the Aldo character as he would have appeared pre-Battle during the time apes were slaves. The swapped head for General Aldo could be Aldo's successor, a trusted officer apponted by Ceasar (post-Battle adventures). Ceasar's head could be swapped for a collector's second Cornelius figure.

Hopefully, in addition to the 3-pack, exclusive individual boxed figures could be available as a Convention exclusive or limited-time online because they did produce individual boxes as well. That way, we can support both ways to retail.

If there is a wave 4, Julius is a must as well as the Conquest Orangutan. Those two alone are army builders. With interchangable arms and multiple swapped heads, you can create the backbone of the gorilla labor force with Julius figures. I hope the third figure in that line is Veska, but with an alternate head to represent another chimpanzee Prefect to ensure multiple sales.

Urko would not work in a 3-pack. Most would only want one.

Besides the humans, I would like to see a figure of the Orangutan President of the Council played by James Whitmore. That figure would have a commanding presence in a collection. I would also like to see Lucius and Virgil.

I'm definitely going to try getting at least 3 of those sets. I hope the line continues, and that Conquest Orangutan looks quite good too.

Since tomorrow is a holiday, I'm not holding my breath for a Monkey Monday. It will be a pleasant surprise if there was.

Back